Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Ouch!

Someone ran a light last night and hit me. Anyone know if theres a bunch of expensive parts from the rear wheel back? It only seemed to have hit my tire and the lower bumper.

Also, Anyone hear anything about M&A Autobody in Skokie on Main St.?
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok. as for the car, you might want to have a mechanic sheck out the suspension components. theres a nice collision shop next to garage kwai. ive had my accord and my civic worked on there when they were involved in a colision. they do amazing work and a quick timespan. paint matched perfect!

-- 3 days to replace hood, radiator, radiator support, jdm headlights on my accord

-- 2 weeks to completely repair the front end on my civic

**they have always been exact on the date of completion from the estimate. they always use oem parts unless you request aftermarket. (they ate the cost of my jdm headlights on the accord)

oh their shop is called "j&r auto collision"
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

I live in Chicago so I have to take it to some place close. At any rate M&A was recomended by my ins. company so rather than hastle finding my own I will probably just stick with them. I loved how the car handled in the spin. Hardly any body roll

If anyone wants to see the damage here are some photos. BTW, can they polish out those scratches in my rim or will I need a new rim?

Old 02-22-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
Wow, Thats crazy. One thing I don't miss about living in the city. Looks like they got you pretty good. I would just get under there and really take a look. I remember something being right in that area, but I'm not too sure and I can't check cause I sold the vic a few months ago.

The rear shouldn't be too bad, one piece as long as there is nothing under neath broken up. As far as the rim goes, well you can't really see from the pics how deep the scratches go, but you might as well just replace it if your going through insurance.

Is anything else messed up?? Trunk alignment looks off? No new wrinkles in the roof going up that rear quarter??? If not you should be pretty good. Hope this helps, just things you learn from years of wrecking cars. Only about three but a few bad ones.
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

I think there is a vent piece there that was broken. Some parts in the suspension need replacing. The tire apparantly was scraping against the inside so it needs to be replaced.

The trunk seems fine its just a bad angle. No wrinkles on the upper quarter panel.

I'm supposed to get it back Tuesdayish.

I just worry they don't get the right suspension parts since they are different than the non hybrid version, but will physical fit.

The hybrid suspension is a little beefier to support the added weight of the battery.

I hope they take out some of the small hail marks in the roof and side, but I doubt they will. They should have asked me and I probably would have paid to have them do it