Going to Chicago in Sept

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Going to Chicago in Sept

Hey whats up...im heading to chicago on Sept 9th...im just wondering what you recommend to do or what there is to do. I will be like five minutes from the Midway airport so any advice as to where to go or not to go just let me know
Old 08-26-2005
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
First thing I would advise being that you are right by Midway is to try Giordanos stuffed pizza. Them and Uno are my favorite if you're looking for stuffed - and there is one on Cicero Ave. at the South end of where the airport stops.

After that, try Beggars Pizza. Merrionette Park makes the most reliable/best pizza and is a good, safe area. I think it's 115th in Kedzie. There is a lot of great food, but the pizza here is somthing you can't get in any other state that I'm aware of. If you still want more pizza after those two, try Julliani's in Palos Hills. It's on College Drive just west of Harlem Ave. The thin crust is my favorite there.. it was once a Giordanos, then they left the chain and changed up the pizza. The thin they have is better than Giordanos thin.

There are car hangouts all over the place, but often times the police don't let people stay. I commonly see cars at 159th & harlem in the steak n shake. There are many more, but I am not sure where or when.
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

alright cool thanks for the help...
Old 08-28-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
God damm that's a lot of pizza
Old 08-28-2005
Fuzzy Boy

God damm that's a lot of pizza
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Be sure to check out Navy Pier. Lots of cool stuff to do there.

For a great view of the city, go to the Adler Planetarium.

For the best view of the city from atop a building, skip the Sears Tower and head on over to the Hancock building. You can go to the Signature Lounge (the bar) and look around for free, but I think they have a 2 drink minimum if you want to sit and stay for a while. There is also the Hancock observation deck but I've personally never been there.

Giordanos =
There are several locations around the Chicago area, but thee Midway one is the closest. Cicero Ave. and 70something St. I think.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Oh, if you don't want to drive into the city, you can take the Orange line from Midway airport. It's super easy.
Old 08-29-2005
A03
Registered!!

I like Pizza fuzz. Try that Merrionette Park beggars one day and you'll probably understand. That stuff is awesome. I'd advise against the pepperoni, because the stuff they have is not lean enough and will over-grease the pizza.. anything else is okeedokee. Plain cheese lets you taste the goodness of all the base flavors.

The other beggars locations are not the same either. I've had it from 4 different locations and MP is the best one.

And no... I'm not 550lbs. (yet) hehe. I just appreciate the foods we have here, our great food selection I think is the best thing about Chicago.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
A03 that Beggars has fantastic pizza compared to the rest of the chain like you said. Are you from that area?

The one in Lansing isnt that bad either.
Old 08-29-2005
A03
Registered!!

Yeah I am in the south burbs, in Oak Forest. I've had Lansing once and it was good.. so actually that makes 5 different Beggars I've tried, but it's farther than the rest of them for me. I've had Merrionette Park, both of them in Blue Island, Oak Forest, Lansing... MP is top dog. Blue Island on western CAN make a killer pie, but they have like a 25% consistancy rate from my experience. MP is over 90% consistant I'd say. It's always very good from there. Oak Forest had a spell where they were making good pies, but the past three I've had were pretty bad. The first bad one I thought might have been a fluke... I complained about the second shitty one, and got a credit.. when I used the credit for my third one it was crappy too.. so I went back to the original I used to always go do, Merrionette Park. You can't go wrong with that place.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

woot! Oak Forest eh? You've probably seen me around. I'm just south of 159th & Central.
Old 08-29-2005
A03
Registered!!

Golf course area.. I may have seen your car, but I rarely remember them unless they really stick out. Mine is the one with the HID projector headlights.. if you've ever seen a silver coupe that had lights just like an X5.. it was probably me.

The last tastefully but heavily modded civic I have seen around was a purple coupe, with some minor graphics, a mild body kit, severe drop, 17-18's, black windows and a thumpin stereo. I was riding with a friend in a lightning when we saw him on Pulaski.. it seemed like he was going to have a little fun vs. the truck but didn't bother. He did pull along side us, turn down the tunes and say.. "Hey man, nice truck!!" and yelled somthing about factory supercharger.. hehe It was good to see a civic owner being polite/respectful towards a domestic. His car did look nice.. modded out quite a bit, but not over-obnoxious. Thats the last civic I remember seeing.. other than the few like that, they are just a dime-a-dozen (just like mine) hehe.
Old 08-30-2005
Registered!!

yea, my car is pretty mild compared to a lot of others out there. I'm not one to want to stick out.

I don't think I've seen you around but I'll keep an eye out for ya.
Old 08-30-2005
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
With everyone being south does this mean a party at Beggars in MP?
Old 08-31-2005
A03
Registered!!

Maybe they can schedule a future meet at beggars. I'd come for that. It seems like there are quite a few in the NW burbs, but heck.. they can drive out for beggars. It's worth it.
Old 08-31-2005
Fuzzy Boy

Homer welcome
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Well im back from my three day stay in chicago...I have to say its not like i thought, I did enjoy it very much. Checked out navy pier went to the white soxs and Angels game and then i dont know if anybody has heard of this bar but its called Jerzey Joes...haha small little bar but had fun with the girl and all her friends out there. I did at giordannos or however its spelled...it was pretty good. I also at a chinese place called chi tung which was damn good as well. Deff would like to go back