august 6: meet turnout...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry august 6: meet turnout...

oh it was fun alright... for the THREE of us that came out. jestermasque, 7thgendman, and i... had a nice little barbeque.

thanx guys for showing up and actually trying to make something of this rather lame section of 7thgen.

i understand that several of you had the formula drift thing to go to and some who had more important things to do and thats quite alright, but to the 10+ people who had confirmed your attendance... it was pitiful to say the least. at least make an effort to come out.

it is people like you that b!tch and cry that nothing ever happens here... and yet when there is something, you flake out. you guys missed the opportunity to have a nice meet going today considering, the weather was nice, busse wasnt too crowded, and we had everything we needed.

7thgendman... i let you win.
Old 08-07-2005
I'M A LOSER

sloGS300 will become famous soon enough
Hmmm... well i drove passed a 4 door civic but thought the meet was over.... i was driving the blk rsx and my buddy came along wit a wrx... was going to call more cars over but figured there was some sort of confusion or missed the meet so just left...
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

we were there from 12 to 2:30. noone showed up which was sad, cuz 7thgendman posted a map of the place so i dont know how theres confusion. w/e... thanx for making an effort... i think i did see an rsx go by on higgins... dont know if that was you.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
i told you man...same day as formula d, i told you way early, shoulda rescheduled it...

and i was visiting my grandma that just got out of the hospital...i didnt even make it to forumula d
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

well we DID have about 10+ people confirming that they could make it. anyway... i tried getting a hold of you, when we gunna black out my lights? gimme a call... err... pm me first then ill give you my number so we can set it up.

btw: hows your grandma doing? i hope she's well.
Old 08-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sloGS300
Hmmm... well i drove passed a 4 door civic but thought the meet was over.... i was driving the blk rsx and my buddy came along wit a wrx... was going to call more cars over but figured there was some sort of confusion or missed the meet so just left...
Yeah, we saw you guys. The silver sedan right by where you turned around? We had just gotten things going when you guys drove by.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vtecinEX7
well we DID have about 10+ people confirming that they could make it. anyway... i tried getting a hold of you, when we gunna black out my lights? gimme a call... err... pm me first then ill give you my number so we can set it up.

btw: hows your grandma doing? i hope she's well.

i have your number bro...ill call you, but i dunno if itll be squeezed in before the fall semester starts, theres always weekends...shes bettar thanks
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha i had a great time at rocky mountain park
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by gearbox
haha i had a great time at rocky mountain park
thanks Steve!!!!!
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well we need to have another meet before winter now cause Eddie still has my rotors and pads.
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

before we have our next meet... we need to set something up to make sure people show up this time. i'm not going to request a day off of work to sit in a basically empty lot.

7thgendman, jester, and i suggested that we each paypal like 5 bucks to lets say 7thgendman or someone if we are confirming attendance. and that way people would be out $5 if they dont come... but on the other hand the money will be used as a contribution to the meet. (food).

i dont know if thats something you guys would be willing to do.
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

yeah guys, If were going to do this again we have to put something together so that some of these people are alittle bit more responsable. I went and picked up $85 worth of food and only two other people showed. We all thought a $5 donation would be worth it for everyone. Then if you don't want to show then fine. But the show won't go on until there is enough cash to support it. I mean, I only got half of what we would have really needed if people would have shown up. We still needed drinks and munchies on top of the $85 I had already spent.

I guess I just can't believe all these people bit(h about wanting to have a meet, then we do and noone comes. This isn't the first time either guys. So if we're going to do this and do it right, then there has to be some structure. You want to come fine, But you want food and drinks, then pitch in the five bucks and help yourself to what ever you want.

So are we up for another meet? Some time in Aug or should we do like the weekend after Labor Day, like Sept 10th???

Lets make this one a good one, as it will probably be my last. Thanks

DMAN
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

BoB.cfg is an unknown quantity at this point
Only problem i see with the $5 thing is everyone will be like well i don't have paypal, My word is all you need from me or else I will atleast tell someone if i'm not coming days in advance if not a week.

I would like to meet since i missed the last one! Me and my girlfriend will be going home again to MN to house sit for her parents & for the MN state fair on the weekend of august 27th. Could we do it on august 20th or is that to soon? Otherwise in September just give me a date and I won't schedule anything.

Last edited by BoB.cfg; 08-09-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

all i can say is...when i say im gonna come i'll come...and keith you know im good for it, cause i make it out to like 99% of the clac meets..

but ive just never been able to come out yet due to other responsibilities plus conflicts of schedule

$5 i see detering people from coming...and everyone should just bring food instead of just one person...$85 is bit much for one person to invest in a meet...

how bout not having these bbq things anymore and just meeting at a restaurant parking lot...

my old club usually meets at hooters/fudruckers...and you dont have to worry about the food situation

Last edited by Boost_Junkie; 08-09-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Junkie
all i can say is...when i say im gonna come i'll come...and keith you know im good for it, cause i make it out to like 99% of the clac meets..

but ive just never been able to come out yet due to other responsibilities plus conflicts of schedule

$5 i see detering people from coming...and everyone should just bring food instead of just one person...$85 is bit much for one person to invest in a meet...

how bout not having these bbq things anymore and just meeting at a restaurant parking lot...

my old club usually meets at hooters/fudruckers...and you dont have to worry about the food situation

I see your point, but if 15 to 20 say they are going to come, like we usaully have, its sometimes alittle hard just to walk in somewhere and get selved as a group. I also realize that the $5 may deter a few people away, but if you don't have five bucks extra to throw in on it, then why come. I mean, you would spend $15 in Hooters but you can't pitch in $5 to cover the few dogs or bugers your gonna eat. I don't have a problem doing this for everyone, I just thought it would be nice if people would chip in. We originally had about 10 to 15 people say they would be there and a few bailed at the last minute, then noone shows up. It's just got a few of us angry. The past few meets have been the same way. I'm just sick of people wanting to know when the next meet is and then they don't show!!!
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

Our biggest meet of 30+ cars happened by just meeting at the parking lot and driving to the park. Nobody brought food. Just a thought.Just make it easy for people to drop by without any worry. But I really think the interest isn't there like it used to be.
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

YEAH, loss of interest is right. I know that feeling. I have it right now with this vic!!
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

your fustration is understandable...groups do not last forever, people come and go...my old club at its prime brought 35+ car meets, but now its like around 10...

anywho ill make it out to one, i promise...plus i told mike and keith i would take pics of their cars...
Old 08-09-2005
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude I'm down for a meet this saturday..why the hell not...How bout we all cruise down to hooters this sat and get some food..or we could barbecue at busse...supposed to be nice out and everything...WHO'S DOWN!?
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

i think that the $5 might deter people, but like dman said, theres no point if noone is going to show. we wouldnt have this problem if some (or most) would have kept their committment. there are people here who are reliable and will come if they say they will, but after this past "meet"... no one's word is good enough.

we can try this one more time, before winter hits... but i will stop if this one doesnt bring a decent number. im getting ready to possibly trade the vic in.
Old 08-09-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by vtecd17
Dude I'm down for a meet this saturday..why the hell not...How bout we all cruise down to hooters this sat and get some food..or we could barbecue at busse...supposed to be nice out and everything...WHO'S DOWN!?
heck ya this saturday! should have my mods done by then. just need to make sure i don't have plans.
Old 08-10-2005
Premium Member

Sorry guys, inlaws are coming back from Italy. Have to pick them up at 2:00pm. Won't be able to make it.
Old 08-10-2005
Registered!!

BoB.cfg is an unknown quantity at this point
I could meet this weekend, if everyone is going. with the exception of Dman. I just don't want it to be like me and two other people. I'm down for sure though, Friday anytime after 4:30 saturday anytime all day or sunday anytime all day, Give me a time to tell GF i won't be home and I'm there.
Old 08-10-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
gearbox that meet in july was kickass

Miss Jon fun times
Old 08-10-2005
Registered!!

Diver is on a distinguished road
I am still in TN, visiting the almost dead. wont be in this weekend to do a meet. Also, I suggest not doing a meet on a big holiday like labor day. but I be up for anytime this after this weekend.

Quick Reply: august 6: meet turnout...