*** 2005 Chicago meet June 18 ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Did a lot of people show up? I couldn't make it. Sorry.
Old 06-19-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay, once again everything was planned just fine. If you read the first post, it ssays meet at hooters first untill 2pm, then we DRIVE TOGETHER to busse. Busse is a big park with alot of entrances, so...thats what happened. I don't think anyone has the interest anymore. I mean even if we went to the same spot there would only be 2 more people bringing the total to what, 8? Most of these guys live 10 mins away and still couldn't come. I live 2.5 hrs away and would do almost anything to make it. I had an experiment to do in lab but I blew it off. I sent out well over 50 pm's to people and spent a few hours even sent rachel an e-mail and a few others. Then I went to clubcivic and tried to get people to come. Then I bought a grill and food because nobody else cared to bring anything except the few people that came. I tried, but the interest is gone. If everyone says they can't come, then there's no meet happening. This is what happens everytime too. We start with 20+ people saying they can go, then 1/2 cancel, and 1/2 of the confirmed people show up. It's stupid. Well I'm out, its pointless to keep trying this here.
Old 06-19-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, its not that theres no interest, just bad planning... seriously the date was too soon for anyone to actually plan to make it, we just need to plan better and people NEED to contribute by bringing something/ anything. I did not go to the meet, however, I did see several 7thgens in the schaumburg area going towards busse. I saw a SSM sedan, actually two... one with some two tone looking paint (silver on top, blue on bottom)
Old 06-19-2005
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, a lot of people came to the previous ones.
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

thats because there was alot of planning involved... when i think about it... we werent even supposed to have that many last time lol.
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

ButterflieWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
I've gotta admit, even Greg was confused as to where you guys ended up, since ICR (Jason), Greg and I all managed to find each other in the "normal" area of Busse Woods (despite the crazy amount of child birthday parties with blow-up bouncy thingies). Had Greg and I not had 2 other parties to go to (family stuff... you know) and relatively short notice to go on we would have hung out longer for sure... if we'd have found you guys later on.

I think the biggest problem wasn't bad planning or lack of interest, but miscommunication and lack of contact (i.e. cell phone numbers). I think some of us were under the impression that "Busse Woods" meant the 'traditional area' of Busse, where meets have been held before. If a different area was meant, perhaps saying "Busse Woods entrance off Golf" with a map, area circled (like, in MS Paint), posted as well. That way there wouldn't have been mixups.

Gearbox, don't feel bad. The first North 'Burb Subaru meet I planned consisted of myself, my friend Jake (and his 1999 Neon), Greg (which is a given, duh!), 1 other Subaru and a VW. And it rained... we spent MAYBE an hour in Barnes & Noble reading car magazines and talking about the sex tricks in Cosmo.
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
how was the meet? ive been in the hospital the whole weekend visiting...sorry
Old 06-20-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
less than 10 people showed up. But we still had fun cooking out and tryin to get the charcoal to stay lit haha.
Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

Fujiwara Tofu is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a great time. I met some really cool people, who didn't bash my work in progress once. I had the oldest car there, and it was as if no one even cared that my car was not seventh gen, or that it was not in top shape.
Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
just a side note gearbox, ive noticed you guys meet somewhere then move to another place in a lot of your meets...as this can be confusing and hard for people to find you, i suggest that in the future we plan meets at the final destination and just have it there
Old 06-21-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
DOOD, you guys will NEVER beleve what happend to me... I totaly ****ed my leg playing basket ball.... I just got my MRI results this morning... I managed to not break anything but I strained/sprained almost every thing in my knee.... the doc said that I did such a good job that he was gonna extend my perscription of vicodin(sp?) thought I did see 7thgenman 2 times in the last 3 days, lol. the first time was in huntley at the jewel when I was in my mom's trailblazer picking up my perscription (BTW vicodin(sp?) is not all that great, I dont see what the hype is about... because to me it is just advil w/ a sleeping pill, lol) then I saw him on 47 on my way home from the ortho doc's, I was heading north, him south right by the huntley mall... so yea, my weekend sucked.... sorry I missed the meet guys, but there was no way I would have been able to sit through an hour car ride to schaumburg... I cant wait to see pics though!
Old 06-21-2005

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
sorry for the rambling in the previous post, im just a little drugged right now, lol
Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Silver Civic
sorry for the rambling in the previous post, im just a little drugged right now, lol
LOL, I was just about to point that out.
Old 06-21-2005

Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2005
Premium Member

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by InanimateCarbonRod
LOL, I was just about to point that out.

but drugs are good for you!!!!
Old 06-21-2005
Premium Member

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Silver Civic
DOOD, you guys will NEVER beleve what happend to me... I totaly ****ed my leg playing basket ball.... I just got my MRI results this morning... I managed to not break anything but I strained/sprained almost every thing in my knee.... the doc said that I did such a good job that he was gonna extend my perscription of vicodin(sp?) thought I did see 7thgenman 2 times in the last 3 days, lol. the first time was in huntley at the jewel when I was in my mom's trailblazer picking up my perscription (BTW vicodin(sp?) is not all that great, I dont see what the hype is about... because to me it is just advil w/ a sleeping pill, lol) then I saw him on 47 on my way home from the ortho doc's, I was heading north, him south right by the huntley mall... so yea, my weekend sucked.... sorry I missed the meet guys, but there was no way I would have been able to sit through an hour car ride to schaumburg... I cant wait to see pics though!

Man- sounds like a long weekend. Hope everything is okay. hit me up sometime and maybe we can chill.

Sorry guys I wasn't able to make it to the meet. I have alot of stuff I need to sell so I will be making a new thread here in a few days.

Alright, lets do this right now. NEXT MEET: First SATURDAY in August.
August 6th to be exact. And this time everyone meet at busse and thats it. Sound good. That give everyone about a month to get off work. Lets make this happen people

Last edited by 7thGENDMAN; 06-21-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2005

^sounds good. Yea, ill live, just sucks right now since I walk like a cripple... maby some time we can meet up at the huntly mall or summting... just give me a few more days... my car is totaly discusting since Im not exactly mobile enuf to clean it myself yet... lol
Old 06-22-2005
Registered!!

HellSpawn is an unknown quantity at this point
It might help if we made smaller groups or chapters. If we do it that way its easier to bring everyone together as a large group.

I do think however that there has to be more resolve behind doing what we say we are going to do.

my 2 cents
Old 06-22-2005
Premium Member

well yea, everyone backed out in the last few days. Either work or laziness not wanting to drive 15mins. I hate to force people together, because it seems like there's no real interest.
Old 06-22-2005

I was intrested, i just ****ed up my knee, sorry... I didnt realy plan on messing it up, it just sorta happend, now gearbox is jaded to all meets here after, lol
Old 06-22-2005
Registered!!

this meet was all screwed up but thumbs up to all you who showed up... shows that theres still 7th gen love here... everyone BETTER make it to the next one.
Old 06-23-2005
...ever grinning...

JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I was able to make it, but only for like an hour cause I was leaving for vacation but had to do some "shopping" hehe... Damnit Gearbox, I forgot to show you my single hose for the TB coolant. I will in August if you still want to do that and not risk corrosion/melting. But I'm already at the next one. If someone makes a thread for the August meet, post it here so we can start the planning.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

***AUGUST 6 BUSSE MEET***

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217436

***SIGN IN ASAP***

Old 06-27-2005
My car is goin to have a new look!!!

Deception2k1civic has a spectacular aura aboutDeception2k1civic has a spectacular aura aboutDeception2k1civic has a spectacular aura about
no pics from the meet before?

Quick Reply: *** 2005 Chicago meet June 18 ***