Dyno Day-Austin

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Dyno Day-Austin

Ok, I'm looking at setting up a dyno day in Austin for those interested. If we all pool together, we can probably get a really good deal for dyno time. I'm thinking no more than 800 for the day. This will take place (more than likely) at Pro Tech in Austin. I'm thinking we can do this late October/early to mid November.

Now, the really good part: My tuner's name is Jason (Stoopid on honda-tech) and he is an efi 101 certified tuner. He has done wonders with Honda motors. I rode in a completely stock type s that he built a turbo system for that made 500 whp-again, this was on a stock motor, he knows his stuff. And I spoke with him tonight about setting this up.

Now, as far as total cost goes, we should be able to get away with at or under 300 total per car including dyno time and tuning costs, it'll really depend on how much tuning your car needs. I can try to give reasonable estimates for each car based on your setups. And for anyone who knows anything about tuning costs, 300 total for dyno and tuning is damned good, most shops charge over 400.

Now, what I need from you guys....a non refundable deposit of 100 for tuning cost (this will obviously count towards tuning costs) due to the fact that he is willing to come 3 hours out of his way for me and I am going to try and work out details for dyno rental. I am going to try and do this on a Saturday if possible.

Now, I'm going to put a cap of 5-6 cars total on this. The first 4-5 people that contact me and are willing to send a paypal of 100 dollars to reserve a spot will have their spot held. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email/pm me and I'll answer any questions I can. I really want to make this a success and I think everyone will be satisfied with the results of the tune.

Disclaimer: If you tell me you're interested and I receive a paypal from you for tuning and for whatever reason, you're unable to make it, you will lose the deposit you put down to reserve your spot unless you're able to find a car to take your place. If I have to find the car on my own, your deposit is going to my tuner.
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good..... but i dont trust pro-tech...... IMO
Old 09-15-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wheamahm0n3yat
sounds good..... but i dont trust pro-tech...... IMO
Y not? I wasn't going to have them tune, though, just use the dyno there....pm me, I'm curious of your dealings.
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
oh i thought you was having them tune. reason why i dont trust them is most of the time they dont know what they are talking about. everytime when you talk to them they give you a different price. they always give different answers.