California's License Plate Law

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nooboob is on a distinguished road
California's License Plate Law

I have a strong feeling im gonna get the "use search" reply for this post...

(I did use it but I got alot of wierd posts.... "*** orgy", "london-something", "photo-blocker", etc...

My question is: is it legal to put the front license plate in your car in front of the windshield? Ive seen alot of cars do it, but im just checking to be sure... Do i have to put it on the drivers side or the passengers side to do it?

And for those of you that do put it in the car, how the hell do you stop the rattling? The noise when the plate hits the windshield... its soooo annoying...
Old 09-05-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
hm.. i put mine back on the front. but wen i had mine inside the car, i dipped the tips of the license plate in sillicone. so it pretty much stopped the bouncing against the windshield. as well as the sound.

as far as being legal or not. i dont think having it in ur window is legal. but tons of ppl do it, n alot havent been pulled over yet. if u want 2 do it, just remember u might eventual get pulled, n then u have to bite the bullet
Old 09-05-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i been rolling for about over a year with no plate with no problems but who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
^ no plate meaning, no plate in the front or in the windshield at all?
Old 09-05-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
front license plate? whats that?
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm. You might wanna try the Legal/Law forum
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
it probably just depends on the cop, but you can get a ticket it for it. California wants your plate on the front so they can give you tickets with there camera traffic lights.
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
here it is. Its a sticky on the legal forum

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

"Lack of front and rear DMV-issued license plates
(5200 VC)."
Old 09-06-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
when i had my 7thgen, dince i rolled it off the dealer i havent had my front plates on. never got harrassed. i then got new custom plates, and since i dont put my front plate on i almost lost my front plate. finally found it b4 i sold the car. hehe, i think the front plate on your windshield is stupid. looks tacking (like wearing pink shoes -simeon).
Old 09-06-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
to my understanding, you need to have it mounted. just depends on the cop as temjin said.
Old 09-06-2005

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
i've only been pulled over once for not having a front license plate. i was in a really rich area and they were pulling over everyone infront of the bars, for ANYTHING that the cops could se wrong (pretty much checking for drunk drivers). all i told him is that i live in a ghetto area and crackheads try and steal my plates and he said OK and let me drive off. ahahaha!! best cop story evAr
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

GirlRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it goes something like this: license plates have to be a certain amount of INCHES from the ground. (similar to how headlights are to be no lower then X amount of inches.)

this is a FIX-IT-TICKET. i've gotten one - while my car was sitting in the parking garage at work (cheap shot!). my car doesn't have a place to put a license plate and when i bought the car i didn't receive the front plate. (i'm the third owner and the previous owners NEVER put it on because you'd have to drill directly into the bumper) i had to buy new plates for $15 and pay the fix it ticket for $10. the people at DMV sign off on my ticket - since i had bought and recieved two plates. i never actually had to show the plate on my car. total cost - $25. now i carry the extra plate in my car and have my excuse set and ready to go.
Old 09-06-2005

^yeah, my front plate is under my seat

Quick Reply: California's License Plate Law