dvd player install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
dvd player install help

i got my pioneer 6500 dvd player/ lcd screen unit today and was reading the directions and i have a couple questions. first is, how do i connect my speakers to it? it has 8 wires that are like 5 inches long and it says to connect 2 wires to each speaker, how do i do that? do the wires from the speakers go to the head unit? i didnt install my stero so i dont know.
then its says connect a orange/white wire to "a lighting switch terminal"......wtf is that? and what is "a terminal always supplied with power regardless if ignition switch position", is that just the positive terminal to the cars battery?
and to bypass the e-brake function so i can watch it any time, i just take the green grounding and just connect it to a regular ground point? if anyone can help me out with this i'd appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2004
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
haha damn noobie

speakers wires
2 front speakers
2 rear speakers
each speaker has polarity, 2 of each, positive and negative, total of 8 of all 4 speakrs

battery wire is usually the yellow wire, it keep your hu, with power constanly, use for your memory

ignition is usually the red wire, turn on & off your hu

orange/white is illumination

usually to bypass the tv, just ground the wire, for alpine tv it different but u got pioneer, so grounding just might be it

all the harness are color code now, make it easier, just match the color yo
Old 06-24-2004
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
^what he said. if u need help. bring it to andrew's house. me n him can install it for u. buy us lunch though
Old 06-24-2004

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
hey no laughing at my noobie questions! you guys could install it? what'd you guys want for lunch? lol
Old 06-24-2004
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 18secQuaterMile
hey no laughing at my noobie questions! you guys could install it? what'd you guys want for lunch? lol
yea i can install it, lunch has to be a fancy restaraunt, haha jk, mcdonalds, or watever is koo
Old 06-24-2004
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
^nawh. mcdonalds is wack. some johnny rockets or in n out
Old 06-25-2004

pm'd you guys