Worst weekend ( crashed my car and almost died and etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Worst weekend ( crashed my car and almost died and etc

Hey wassup everyone...lets just say this past weekend is the worst weekend of my life...right now I am soooooo glad to be home being able to see my family and my friends…this incident made me realize how vulnerable human beings are and how ur life can come to an end in a split second not allowing to say the things u want to say to the people u want to say it to…let me just say to all my friends before I explain and talk bout my weekend… “ that I love you all dearly and that I thank u all for being such a great friend“

Summary of my weekend for everyone that is interested in what happened and the numerous bad lucks that I encountered on my trip to death valley…and my journey back home:

On March 30th I prepared for my trip to mosaic canyon which is located in death valley for my geography class…on this trip me and a group of my classmates were to hike up mosaic canyon and survey and create a trail guide for the park ranger and the national park. On this trip me(driver), Tim (passenger), Jesse (driver #2) and Samantha (passenger) decided to meet up and follow one another to the visitor center and check in wit the park rangers so we could get our car pass and then head off to breakfast canyon where we would camp out and meet wit the rest of the class (bout 20 of us) at 4pm so we would have daylight to set up tent…on our way to the visitor center numerous things had gone wrong…jesse almost rear-ended someone because the person slammed on his brake really hard….we missed our junction and our trip was delayed bout 30mins since there was no way we could go around…and finally after driving for bout 4hrs…we got onto hwy 90 where there was a turn around the mountain…on this turn…I drove over some soft gravel and lost control of my car…I soon realized that I was spinning out..I tried to counter steer and the next thing I knew I crashed into the side of the mountain…because hwy 190 is out in the middle of nowhere and there was no reception we waited and waited for a park ranger or a chp to show up so they can call for a tow truck...finally after the park ranger and chp came to talk to me and asked wut happened..they told me that I was really lucky that I hadn’t of flipped the car…because that one turn was where many people have lost their lives…my friend jesse was behind me when this whole incident happened…he told me that if I had done something a bit different ½ to a split second I probably would of either flipped my car or went off the cliff and possibly would of died…after the park ranger called for a tow truck…we waited almost bout 1hr till the tow truck driver arrived…during that wait..me, jesse, tim, and same let out our emotions in many different ways, whether it was smoking a full pack, screaming, crying, cussing as loud as we could…either way it was one form for us to release some but not all the emotions that had bubbled up inside of us…after the tow truck driver came..they towed my car to cheveron which was bout 30-40 mins away from hwy 90 and to my surprise the cheveron was 2mins away from the visitor center where we were to meet up…after they lowered my car into the impound lot…I checked out my car..and I almost lost it finding out the many things that had been damaged…lets just say…lets just say it was pretty much totaled...the front bumper is scraped up..rear bumper was ripped off..exhaust fell out, muffler was bent, all 4 rims were scratched and had rocks inbetween the rim and the tire, my lower control arm on the front driver side was cracked, both doors were pushed in, the truck cant close right, and numerous of dents all over the car…after sayin goodbye to my car at the impound lot…i suck up my emotions and went on wit my campin trip since the impound lot was bout 5mins from breakfast canyon ( the canyon that we were goin to set up tent)..thinkin that my bad luck would come to an end...little did I know my bad luck was just to beginning of numerous of many emotional events that would test my limit…

To read the rest...check out my livejournal..which i will post in a a bit

Last edited by iceman; 04-04-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

glac is an unknown quantity at this point
crap man, I'm very sorry to hear that, but thank God that you are OK and alive. I got into a bad wreck a couple of months ago in my RSX, someone ran a redlight and I got tboned and was lucky to survive according to the cops and the tow truck driver. My car was also totalled and I ended up getting a 7th gen vic. I know how depressing it is without a car, but just be happy that you are still breathing, cars can be replaced, lives can't. Good luck with everything and be sure to keep us updated, sorry about your loss
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

HRocket2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
dang that sucks.. you havent had very good luck with your civic. i hope your alright.. good luck to you derick..
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

SuperCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
hope your ok man
Old 04-04-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
You have the worse luck with cars. First your engine....now your entire car. Deeply sorry to read about that Derrick.
Old 04-04-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

hey wassup for those that wan to read the rest of my crazy weekend

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=bboy8282

Last edited by iceman; 04-04-2003 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2003
Dog

HotRidezcom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
worth reading, I am so sorry to hear this... thats why when people say you have to live it for the moment, live it for the moment... humans are so easy to lose their lives.... God Bless you bro.
Old 04-04-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

Originally posted by ak
You have the worse luck with cars. First your engine....now your entire car. Deeply sorry to read about that Derrick.
Honestly i can care less bout my car...i am just really happy to be alive...after the accident...i started to wonder and think bout wut could of happened if it didnt do wut i did...would i of flipped the car and killed myself and the passenger if i didnt turn the wheel the way i did...or reacted at the time i did...it also made me realize that there is no guarantee that there will be a tomm...ya know...all i have to say is do everything u want to do..even if there is a hardship...cuz at the end at least u accomplished something...before ur time is up..whenever that maybe
Old 04-04-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
so what's going to happen now? Fixing the civic? Claiming insurance for "totaled" title?
Old 04-04-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iono....imma have the frame checked and see if its bent first...ill update u
Old 04-04-2003
Premium Member

snoopbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about all the bad luck, hopefully something good will come out of it in the end.
Old 04-05-2003
Premium Member

bluelight is an unknown quantity at this point
hey glad to hear u made it back to LA alright...scared me a bit when u called the other day
Old 04-05-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
That sux dude...wish you luck
Old 04-05-2003
Registered!!

chirpin2k2civic is an unknown quantity at this point
damn derrick..... i'm sooo sorry that this had to happen to you. Dont worry man just as long as your ok thats what matters the most. cars can be replaced and so can a exhaust *wink* Free! maybe?? ahha well neways bro just take kares and hope everything well be ok.
Old 04-05-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
whussup derek, havnt heard from you in a long time. deeply sorry about what happened. glad your ok tho. sucks what happend to your car but good thing is you came out alive. sad to say but its only when times like this we think about the importance of life. i'm not to say you were this time but we all know your eratic driving... makes you think, life isnt a game. like you said you **** up just ONCE and it could be all over. one wrong turn, one wrong move, that could be the last. (if you were driving that way) sucks that you had to learn this way but hopefully you learned. you got lucky this time, might not be so lucky the next... be careful when you drive. driving isnt a game, you dont take risks, crash, hit reset and start all over. its more like take a risk, crash and its game over.
but ya best wishes to you.
Old 04-05-2003
Initial D!!!!

nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn i just finished reading all of that, im sorry to hear. and i tought i had bad luck, **** im not even close
Old 04-05-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

Hey wassup...thanx for everyones reply and thanx for caring...means alot to me...well i went to the body shop...and they said that i didnt mess up my frame...except tweaked the rear end a bit...the estimate that they gave me was $2430.94 to fix everything... which includes: rear bumper, reinforcement rear bumper, r/h quarter panel, rear body panel, rear floor panel, quarter panel, luggage lid, lower control arm, from bumper, fender, paint job and alighment...theres a bunch more but u get the idea...by doin all this it will make the car look brand new...
however i;ve decided to just say fawk it...lol...imma just have them get me a new lower control arm and install it...fix the rear bumper reinforcement..and leave all the dents and scratches the way it is...cuz all this money i have used on my car..i could easily gone to a junk yard bought me a hatchback and drop a H22 in there...however if anyone is sellin a rear bumper for cheap...let me know..cuz i really dont wanna drive wit a rear bumper that is duct taped on...the cheapest i have found is like 40 dollars unpainted...but they site is out of stock...so yeah..any help will be appreciated
Old 04-05-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
doesnt insurance cover it?
maybe get a kit?
Old 04-05-2003
illest ma f*cken member

SkiLLzSter is an unknown quantity at this point
man for realz this car ain't good luck with you...but glad to see your ok tho...if i was you and had all those problems with this car i would just sell it for what i can get and buy another car...hope everything goes well for you from now on...peace
Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

jaaaapp is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear bout that man.. good thing ur ok
Old 04-06-2003
JDM WHORE!!!

JDMCIVIC will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your accident, that really sux. I'm glad that your fine and that no one was hurt. Recoving from something like this is very hard. I was in a accident on the 10w a couple of years ago in my sis's car and I was the driver and from experience I can tell you that **** like that makes you really think and cherish your life. cheer up and just be happy to be alive man.
Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

moditup is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that man. A Civic may die, but the owner lives on. Glad to hear yur ok.
Old 04-06-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
deng homie... rough weekend... sorry to hear about your car and all the sketching...
Old 04-07-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
dam man, hope you are ok... you should just get a diffrent 7th gen, this car is going to be the end of you...(hopefully not)
Old 04-07-2003
Registered!!

WorldsSlowestEm2 will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear Derrick, glad to hear that you're alright and stuff.
Old 04-07-2003
I'll keep you my dirty LIL secret

RedCivicChick will become famous soon enough
aawww...how sad...well im glad your ok and it was only your car that got hurt not you,cuz you can always fix your car. well hope you feel better and be glad your still here!
Old 04-09-2003
Banned

JDMVTECB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks.. I'm sorry to here what happened. I haven't crashed my car yet but I have broken my fiberglass hood and that's enough pain. I'm glad you're ok and thank the lord that nothing serious happened... material things can be replaced, life can't....

Last edited by JDMVTECB20; 04-09-2003 at 04:32 PM.