new law against street race spectators in SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoYrAcEr is an unknown quantity at this point
new law against street race spectators in SD

......City Council made a new law against street race spectators in San Diego and what is weird that fines for watching are the same us for racing u can get a ticket up to $1000 and get your car impounded all this just for watching might us well race.... here is more info

.....SAN DIEGO – The action was fast and furious by the City Council today in enacting a law that bans people from knowingly watching a street race.
"I think it will make a huge difference," Assistant Police Chief Bill Maheu said of the City Council action.
Spectators draw more racers out to "show off," said Maheu, adding that the best result of the council action would be if "these events stop right now."
Last week, the council approved an ordinance banning spectators, but it won't go into effect until Nov. 28. The emergency ordinance bridges that gap.
The emergency action was warranted because of the 15 people who have died in San Diego this year from such crashes, City Attorney Casey Gwinn said.
Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

aznluckyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you please link the article that your getting your info from, cuz i seen that you copy and pasted.
Old 10-21-2002
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
mang isnt that kinda profiling then...cuz wut if u were "honestly" just drivin by...not knowin bout a race...and u happen to drive a civic slightly fixed up
Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

BoYrAcEr is an unknown quantity at this point
here it is street racing
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

aznluckyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

xSMILESx is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is what I don’t get [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Out of all 15 deaths this year from streetracing only one crash has happened at the known streetracing tracks. They say it is because of spectators and all that but all of these crashes are people racing on the freeway and/or down the street around people who have no idea what is going on. Plus with this new law they have to find a way to determine you were there for the races specifically. Just being caught there in your car is not probable cause. IT STILL SUCKS!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

WorldsSlowestEm2 will become famous soon enough
Man, that wouldnt be a good idea. Like what iceman said, what if your car is fixed up and u honselty did drive, u know the cop will still try to drag you down. My friend drove a 97 EX and a semi smashed him into the wall and dragged him for a 1/4 mile and didnt even know about it. Totally the t\ruck drivers fault. When the CHP got there they didnt even ask if he was ok they just asked if he was racing.