going back to cali

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point
going back to cali

what's up guys, I am going to be moving back to Cali in a year. with that being said I am starting to build my 99 civic coupe. I want to go boost, but I know cali emissions are crazy. I know their is the edelbrock and greddy kits. I have not lived in cali for 7 years since I joined the army so I'm learning how cali operates with all their carb rules and stuff. Also had a question about engine swaps. I have read that the engine must be from the same year as the car or newer. So if I have a 99 and lets say I do a B18 swap, and the block is stamped 96 but is still obdII, will that make a difference or they pick AF????

Thanks in advanced gentlemen and possibly ladies lol
Old 02-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: going back to cali

Don't go back, it's a trap!

Research all the regulations you will have to work around before making decisions.....might be cheapest to leave it alone....pick up a car old enough to be completely exempt and modify that.
Old 02-26-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Upon research, the car has to be made in 75 or older
Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Sedancivicdoe is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do that, but their are plenty of people who build newer cars here in cali, if you are trying to build your car their are plenty of options, no you can run a b20 in it here, but I have seen b18c5 pass emissions. Just remember it's all in the build and what you want at the end of the day.
Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

I am going to work with what I have, I'm not trying to go to crazy. It will be a daily my goal is 275 to 300 whp. I just know their are limitations in cali. I do miss it, its better then the middle east, and better then my current location of Oklahoma. Though Oklahoma you can run whatever you got it doest matter!!!
Old 02-26-2017
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first things first, welcome home.

That's how I felt when I was stationed in WA state. No emissions laws in Kitsap county, so I was able to get away with boosting my car.
Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Sedancivicdoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I was stationed up in Washington for a bit at jblm
Old 02-26-2017
Administrator
Administrator

I was stationed on the USS John C. Stennis (CVN74) homeported in Bremerton
Old 02-27-2017
Registered!!

Good Stuff, I cant wait to ETS lol. I will miss it but itll be a better move for the family!!