Need OEM catback for a day!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxcivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need OEM catback for a day!

Car is a 2001 EX 2 dr. I got a fix it ticket for my exhaust a couple weeks ago for "Excessive Muffler Noise". At the time, I was running a DC Race Header (no cat) to a evo2 catback. Luckily there was no visual inspection. But regardless, I took off the race header and put my stock header and cat back on. Hoping this would bring me below the 95 db limit. Went to the station, cop came out, had me start and rev my car, and said it was too loud

So now i need to find a stock catback for just a day to get this thing signed off on. Would anyone happen to have one sitting around and be willing to let me borrow it for a couple hours? Any other suggestions?

Btw, I'm located in orange county, irvine to be exact.

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited by xxxcivic2001; 01-22-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need OEM catback for a day!

your welcome to come unbolt mine but I have a lx so i dont remember if they are the same.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough

got a ticket for the same thing 2 months back.

i got it cleared by chp because the cop was cool but the court told me i had to get it cleared by the ref. and i was also running a EVO2
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

I got the ticket from UCI Police Dept. They don't test with any equipment, just a "by ear" test, which I find completely unreliable. Can I get it formally tested for actual db level and take it to them or what?
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Want the stocker for a couple of hours? I have class at 2 but after three your more than welcome to grab it.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah you need to find someone with an ex to trade with because the lx cat is in the exhuast mani whereas the ex cat is in the exhuast tubing
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

He's looking for axle back.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light

oh my bad reading first post>me rolf
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

EvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of light

Lucky he didn't see you didn't have a cat. Your car can get smashed for that
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

i saw the oem catback then ex then scimmed the part that said he had dc race headers.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Right-O.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Yeah as of now I have stock ex headers on and the evo2 catback. So the LX exhaust will NOT work?

And yeah the race header is for sale, I've had it for a while and haven't been pulled over but its really not worth the risk, although it did sound much nicer.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

lx axle back will but a full lx catback will not
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

well, my axle back is still up to be used if you want.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

I just talked to my buddy who is a CSO (community service officer) at UCI and he got one of the cops to sign off on it. Thanks for all the help though and thank you lordhelmet for offering your axleback

-Shane
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Hey Shane, whats your car look like/where do you park on campus?
Old 01-23-2009
Registered!!

heres a pic from the engineering parking structure 2 years ago:

I have class everywhere so theres not really one place, what's your car look like?
Old 01-23-2009
Registered!!

Mines pretty much a stock ssm es1. There's a dude with a lowered magnesium metallic em with tein stickers. Always parks on the top floor of engineering structure. I have a picture somewhere of his but I never posted it. I pretty much always park on top floor of where ever I'm at and that's mostly engineering.

How is the gate open? I've always wanted to get up there to run my rc car.
Old 01-23-2009
Registered!!

Oh, I saw an EM with tein stickers yesterday in the PSLH parking lot. The gate is open every once in a while, I have some friends that ride bikes up there once or twice a week.
Old 01-23-2009
Registered!!

Here's the mystery EM with me in the background.
Old 01-29-2009
Registered!!

Nice, thats not the one i've seen around though.