some help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light
some help needed

i was wondering if i could get someone to help me with two things within the next week or so.
1. BOH- ill need the list of materials to buy and help with the whole process
2. I need a dremmel tool so i can open up the ports on my head a bit. For the dremmel tool ill get my own sand paper and such but i will need a cutter if you have one.

thanks guys and gals

Regis
Old 12-22-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
Re: some help needed

for BOH - all u need is silicone, black paint (krylon fusion) and an oven, blue painters tape. you really dont even need to sand paper it.
if you want me to supervise i can
Old 12-22-2008
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough

oven isn't even needed. just a blow dryer would do.

but yea..blue painters tape, black paint, and silicone. lemme know when ur free, i'll give you a hand.

sorry for thread jacking but i need someone to walk me through wiring my fogs.
Old 12-22-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

a blow dryer is gonna take a lot longer than an oven.

and ken will help you wire your fogs.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

damn i wanna get some BOH also... but im too scared i might fog it up and not do it to well -__- i like the crisp too much =\
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

just do it.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

btw i need to clear up my sis driver headlight. water got in there and it fogs up. and when i took the front bumper off, the bottom of it was kinda cracked.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

btw, how long will this whole process take?
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

3 hours? took me 4-5 hours with hair dryer... and crappy bumper
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Killzone2142
i was wondering if i could get someone to help me with two things within the next week or so.
1. BOH- ill need the list of materials to buy and help with the whole process
2. I need a dremmel tool so i can open up the ports on my head a bit. For the dremmel tool ill get my own sand paper and such but i will need a cutter if you have one.

thanks guys and gals

Regis
i have a heat gun to open up the head lights regis. A lot nicer then using the oven or a hair dryer.

You basically need high grit sand paper, primer, and a can of paint.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by qijian
damn i wanna get some BOH also... but im too scared i might fog it up and not do it to well -__- i like the crisp too much =\
shouldn't fog long as your don't take off too much of the oem sealant.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

i didnt even use primer or sand paper...
krylon fusion bonds to all plastics.
i even use it to paint filter intake tubes in my fish tanks
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

eh i just do it to make sure the paint doesn't flake off since it doesn't really take that long to sand off the chrome paint.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

ya that makes sense...
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

yo regis, when u do this, let me know, so i can tag along and see and possibly do mines to too.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

xTilovex is on a distinguished road

im doing mine today hah
i got my silicon and black paint
hopefully it works out
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light

hmm alex im free friday but thats the day after christmas sale im free on monday ill just text you on friday kenn give me your nmber so i can let you know
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

damn, so many things happening when im gone..... i feel outta the loop
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

sounds good. lets do it on monday together or something then. hmm a heat gun would really help also
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

so i paintd my headlights today
kinda looks like ****
i taped off the refelctor hole and the blinker hole and it looks all ****ed up, did you guys just paint the whole thing when you take out the orange reflector?
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

uh some do, but i prefer it stay orange. looks nice imo. any pics? im planning to do mines soon too.
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xTilovex
so i paintd my headlights today
kinda looks like ****
i taped off the refelctor hole and the blinker hole and it looks all ****ed up, did you guys just paint the whole thing when you take out the orange reflector?
your chrome came off didnt it?

its a lot easier to just tape off the orange part and paint the circular city light too. looks pretty clean that way.
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

i took off the orange part before i painted
so i taped off the to 2 side holes, painted the borders, and the small whole, and no the chrome didnt come off, it only looks like **** on the sides because there were a few parts the tape was over and should be painted or visa versa, do you know if after the silicon dries and i put back my headlights i can redo it by reheating it?

oh and in the process one of my bulbs burned out
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough

socal 7thgen tech meet anyone?
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

lol like my friend asked me b4 the meet on the 20th....is it a tuneup meet?!~?! i'll tell her its a tech meet nexttime so we can fix things hahah
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

well thats ur fault for not being extra careful with taping. its all inthe precision taping with blue tape.
its a lot easier if u just leave the amber part be and tape over it. im thinking about leaving the amber in for my second set of head lights now, but i already have clear fogs and clear side markers...
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

yeah i know its my fault and when i took the tape off and saw it was ****ed up i didnt really want to tape all over again and paint the small area's

but can i reopen them?
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

yes... try it
lol but leave if its if its not noticeable from far away. lol goodluck
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

this is what i feared -__-
Old 12-24-2008
Registered!!

just take your time, use blue tape, tape with extra extra care, preheat the tape before u remove it, and then pray.

Quick Reply: some help needed