radio/headunit help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007
soooon to be psshh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
radio/headunit help

my buddy and i just installed a new panasonic HU into his 03 vic. We used wiring guides found on the web and the install went smooth. The only problem is that the radio does not remember the presets and time. It restarts itself everytime the car is turned off. I know the problem is that its not getting the constant power. I have they yellow wire from the HU harness going to the yellow/red battery wire on the cars wiring but it doesnt work. as soon as the car is turned off all the presets are lost. help anyone?
Old 12-03-2007
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
Re: radio/headunit help

find the right battery wire. i would use a volt meter to be sure. look at the install guide that came with the hu. i feel ur pain. it sucks to have something like that to happen.
Old 12-04-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Re: radio/headunit help

Are you using a harness adapter? You should never be tapping into the factory wires when doing a HU. Sure, you can, but its a huge pain in the *** and its also a pain in the *** to reverse.

Most of the time on aftermarket HU's:
Yellow: Constant 12v
Red: Switched
Black: Ground

Those are the most important wires for power. The rest are speaker/power antenna/ remote wire.

Hopefully that helps. If you have any other questions, just let me know.