field trip guys...to Redline!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
field trip guys...to Redline!

hey guys, all the times i've been tracking i have never seen any other 7th geners... much less hondas anymore haha. anyways 'Redline Track Events' www.redlinetrackevents.com is having another event at Willow Springs Int. www.willowspringsraceway.com/ on the Street of willow track going CW, for $120, which is the CHEAP, or at least the cheapest i've seen, so consider the price as low. it's on December 15th, a friday. As of now, i will be attending and i can acount for another 7th gen who will be tracking again. I really want to see more 7th gens out there taking it to the limits, so i encourage people to go out that day and have some fun. So.C.Ks, please come out cause i wanna see what that VTEC beast is capable of. and you guys with boost.... lets burn some evos... anyways, people can come and just hang out without having to pay for the track event, (maybe just 10 for entrance fee), but Redline event WILL allow passenger ride alongs, which is usually restricted for other hosts. all you need is a Helmet (motorcycle helmets will even work ) and some common sence is good too. Consider this event as an end of the year thing/meet/fun/event. Let see what happens...

oh btw, need a helmet to borrow??? i maybe able to get one or two loaners.

Last edited by 04civic07; 11-08-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-08-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Time? date? place? I really wanna track my car.....
Old 11-08-2006

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
umm it's in rosamond, north of palmdale. meeting at 8am in the morning. it's on DEC 15., a friday go to www.redlinetrackevents for the full info. what i usually go with all my track buddies, but not this time. i'm in pasadena area, so i learn around....6 caravan a group of cars there and it gives us enough time to either stop half way for gas or something and a bite to eat. the place is here www.willowspringsraceway.com street of willow track... and PLEASE come with us man, you said it yourself, you wanna go. i'll spot you a helmet if you dont have. anyways plenty of time to register, lastime i regestered 3 days before the event. i wanna organize a caravan to there... assuming we get more 7th genners there
Old 11-08-2006

me a long time ago

OH ****

Game Over

me n the crew

Pit stop

if that looks fun, imagine a bunch of 7th gens.

Last edited by 04civic07; 11-08-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

phantomninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if theres no room for me cause everyone on 7thgen is signing up i'm going to be depressed lol watch, i will put EVO/STI KILLER on my rear bumper and people will recognize the power!! haha can't wait man can't wait i'm peeing in my pants lol
Old 11-08-2006

DUUUDDDEEE me neither, i wanted to go next friday, but field trip hahaha lame... i'm looking forward to testing out -2.5 degrees of camber, and the feel in a bucket haha.
Old 11-08-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Dam I need to go there!! Looks like fun!! My friend that drives a swapped mr2 goes there a lot and hes really good Willowsprings and other tracks... btw, whats up with the blue tape I awlays see on headlights?
Old 11-08-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I would but .... north of palm dale ... helllllllllllllllllllllllllla far ... X(
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

haha the blue tape is for if you crash or hit somebody the headlights don't shatter all around the track, but my theory is you only put tape on your headlights only if you plan on crashing haha i actually put tape where it counts say like the fenders and lower front bumper and such and play around with the extra tape haha damn jason -2.5 camber? thats insame dude just keep in mind your braking power will be haha i'm going to the track with lik e .75f .50 rear haha not even track spec at all but it's ok i will demand my car to go crazy haha

thats my professional taping on my friends car lol
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
sounds like fun. i would love to take both my cars es1 and my DC_4. i really want to take the dc_4 though because i just got my b20b under the hood. but i dont know if i can make it. first off its on a friday and second christmas is only 10days away and i have 2 kids to spoil. LOL! but ill check with the wifey and see if she thinks its pheasable.

i see 2 tegs in your crew. whats under the hood and what models?? i want to run a gsr to see what ill do against it. right now i have kyb agx's and tein s techs with only a neuspeed lower rear tie. but i have a set of tenzoR seats that will keep me planted
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
I would but .... north of palm dale ... helllllllllllllllllllllllllla far ... X(
if i go derek you have to go!! i know youll beat me but i want to see what she can do. ive got some trq down low now LOL
Old 11-08-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by phantomninja
haha the blue tape is for if you crash or hit somebody the headlights don't shatter all around the track, but my theory is you only put tape on your headlights only if you plan on crashing haha i actually put tape where it counts say like the fenders and lower front bumper and such and play around with the extra tape haha damn jason -2.5 camber? thats insame dude just keep in mind your braking power will be haha i'm going to the track with lik e .75f .50 rear haha not even track spec at all but it's ok i will demand my car to go crazy haha

thats my professional taping on my friends car lol
Hhaha!! Awesome!! Do they provide you the tape or do u have to buy it from them?
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dru106
Hhaha!! Awesome!! Do they provide you the tape or do u have to buy it from them?
its blue masking tape that can be found anywhere..LOL and dru i think me and you would be a good run in my dc_4 of course LOL
Old 11-08-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i would go but i think im too slow..
Old 11-08-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by familycar
its blue masking tape that can be found anywhere..LOL and dru i think me and you would be a good run in my dc_4 of course LOL
haha!! Trust me I totally suck at road courses cuz i never been to one lol......Doesnt matter, experienced will kill me for sure haha
Old 11-08-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
if i go derek you have to go!! i know youll beat me but i want to see what she can do. ive got some trq down low now LOL
you've got some tq down low? ... well technically our motors are the same displacement, hm? ;P
Old 11-08-2006
Hey Hey Hey. Smoke w**d everyday - Dave Chappelle

2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough
i would go but no one would wanna see my slow D17 on the track and i wouldnt wanna see myself get passed up time and time again by fast *** cars lol
Old 11-08-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
oh no...bunch of 7thgens on a track?!?!?...thats gonna be too much slow traffic LOL...jkjk...i wanna go...ill see if i can make it
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

you've got some tq down low? ... well technically our motors are the same displacement, hm? ;P
you know bottom end, something the d17 lacks.. i am still working out a few quirky sensors but an hoping to get a kenji tuned ecu pretty soon. also swapping over the ls intake cam for a few more ponies
Old 11-08-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

also swapping over the ls intake cam for a few more ponies
seems like a waste to me ... why not just put a vtec head on there? ...

or as some people like to call it ...

swap in a vtech head, y0!

Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

seems like a waste to me ... why not just put a vtec head on there? ...

or as some people like to call it ...

swap in a vtech head, y0!

its a free 7whp gain for swapping out 1 cam. not too dificult for me to do on a saturday. besides i am saving my funds to build the b18 to a 2.0l with GE sleeves, pauter rods and cp 84mm pistons. that is when ill buy a pr3 head and build it with a good set of cams and boost the hell out of it. i want 600whp out of the b18. so only minor mods are going to be done to the b20. i am getting ready to convert to OBDI with a kenji tuned ecu. he is socketing the eprom so i can use the ecu for the b18 if i end up staying non-vtec. in all honesty when boosting that much vtec isnt much of a help at least not anymore than a good PnP can do for a p8r head. they flow almost as much as a vtec head stock.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

haha the track will be sooo fun i'm still going to be going on stock suspension and stock motor haha but it's all good it would be so funny with a bunch of 7thgens on the track lol i've never seen 1 7th gen at the track except mine lol
Old 11-08-2006

Originally Posted by 2ME_EM2
i would go but no one would wanna see my slow D17 on the track and i wouldnt wanna see myself get passed up time and time again by fast *** cars lol
lets just say i'm the one that passes wrx, turbo eg, s2000, 350z(track ed.), 325i ...... i'm usually quicker on the entrance, and exits of the corners than others so far, but they end up catching up on high speed turns and straights, no big deal .... but that was "beginner" group. our cars being FF, the car is extremely user friendly, where are driving FR, people freak.... then again, i drove my cousin's miata NB for the first time last event and i literally kept up with an advanced runner in his frist drive with an NC. really, it's just all about learning the lines and limits that gets you faster than more powerful cars. Patients = Fast haha.

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
i would go but i think im too slow..
K20a3 6spd > d17a2 right???
or
K24a2 Kpro turbo etc. >>>>>>>>>> D17a2???? i hope?
how's the project going btw?

and the blue tape is painter's tape, DO NOT use masking cuz it'll stick on like a **** esspecialy with the heat. last time i went, didnt use it, only when you start seeing all the dirt fly up onto the tracks, put it on.... but our lights are plastic.

as for aznboysrfr.... damn that vtech is a MONSTER! i wanna see how that upgrade does on the tracks.... maybe put it on 9 for that extra boost?

Last edited by 04civic07; 11-08-2006 at 08:09 PM.