Any referrals on audio shops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005
GT-S BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProDigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Any referrals on audio shops?

Hey, before i get a price quote from Best Buy or Circuit city, I just thought I might post up to get people's opinions on any audio shops for a basic setup right now. I'm looking towards replacing some rear and front speakers, headunit, and MAYBE a sub and amp combo. The speakers and headunit are a FORSURE while the sub and amp combo are a little bit on the NO side. Just thought some people on here might know a good shop or at least the best prices for the parts and INSTALLATIONS. Soooo anyone? My budget for the 4 speakers and the headunit is up to or under at least 400???? maybe less, 300 would be at best. The headunit, i'm really trying to move towards the mp3 playback or at least ipod ready. either or, something that will play mp3's...help me out!!!
Old 12-28-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
my friend ownes a shop out in hesperia on the way up to victorville which is on the way to vegas but its kinda far from here heh...but i havent talked to him in a long time...i can always try but no guaruntees
Old 12-28-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
if youre looking to get all that with an mp3 deck.....youre gonna be pushing it. Most decks nowadays that have mp3 playback arent necessarily cheap. I guess if you were to go better on the deck and get some mediocre speakers, you could prolly do it in the 400 range, and I can get you some pretty good deals on equpiment...just need to know what youre interested in.
Old 12-28-2005

southpasdena is an unknown quantity at this point
your price limit is very low, i say just get the deck now and wait till later for the speakers, just save what you have left over for some other time. There is one place in chino hills that does audio that was very helpful when i had some troubles with pacific stereo in riverside. Don't remember what it was called, but when i find my wallet i will get the card and put up the addy and number.

ps..anyone interested in the dent removal please send me pm's to remind to call about paint, i have been very VERY sick and i am forgetfull and lazy, sry for thread jack
Old 12-28-2005
GT-S BoY

ProDigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spoonEM
if youre looking to get all that with an mp3 deck.....youre gonna be pushing it. Most decks nowadays that have mp3 playback arent necessarily cheap. I guess if you were to go better on the deck and get some mediocre speakers, you could prolly do it in the 400 range, and I can get you some pretty good deals on equpiment...just need to know what youre interested in.

is that including installation?? that's for all 4 speakers right?? If so, then yeah i'd be down for that price. Its not going ot be on a 7thgen. And its nothing that needs to be decked out fancy and what not. I went audio shopping around the internet and audio shops (Best buys, frys, Al and Eds) and im going to look around tomorrow for some mom and pops stores......but if you can do around 400 installed, 4 mediocre speakers with a nice mp3 deck then you got urself a good deal
Old 12-28-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Well, for a price, you need to be more specific on what kind of speakers you are looking for and what size. On the headunit, you just want it to play MP3s or MP3 discs?
Old 12-28-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
well...like i said. you need to look around and find out which deck you want. Few words of advice....Al and Eds is WAY overpriced, best buy mostly sells crap, and circuit city has horrible service. Also, some of those mom and pop shops are just out to take your money so you gotta look out for that. Ill tell you what...decide on what deck you want, and let me know....ill see what i can get it for. As for speakers, if you dont want high end, then finding some speakers for a decent price isnt going to be hard at all. Make sure the deck your looking at has MP3 capability. It will usually say MP3/WMA playback.
Old 01-04-2006
kcm
Registered!!

kcm is an unknown quantity at this point
10th and central by downtown la has a few shops that are pretty cheap.... but most of those places dont install... but they are cheap, and you can haggle