Honda Civic Live....Afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Honda Civic Live....Afterthoughts

For those of you who went what did you think? The event was cool, free food, free stuff, test driving, and a free concert, cant beat that huh?

The SI, I loved it, rides a lot better than my 7thgen (thats not saying much), handles great, stops on a dime (which I think I still have seatbelt marks), and has good power, I couldnt get passed 3rd but it was good......

What did you think?
Old 10-17-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
I really liked the Si. It accelerated well, handling was ok at best, but the interior was leaps and bounds above our civics and even the EP. The Si even sounded nice stock. Lemme tell you, I was extremely surprised. Not what I expected, much much better. My only knock on it was the digital speedometer. It didnt bother me as much that it was there, it was that with Polarized sunglasses I couldnt see the readout on it.

As far as the concert, holy cow. First off, lemme let you guys know Im a major 311 fan. I spend the whole concert in the first 3 rows moshing and jumping and pushing with everybody. It was fjckin crazy. My body is still tired from it, and my ears are still proudly ringing.

I think Im going up to Frisco next week to see the Black Eyed Peas as well . . . not 100% sure about it.
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nodnero
I really liked the Si. It accelerated well, handling was ok at best, but the interior was leaps and bounds above our civics and even the EP. The Si even sounded nice stock. Lemme tell you, I was extremely surprised. Not what I expected, much much better. My only knock on it was the digital speedometer. It didnt bother me as much that it was there, it was that with Polarized sunglasses I couldnt see the readout on it.

As far as the concert, holy cow. First off, lemme let you guys know Im a major 311 fan. I spend the whole concert in the first 3 rows moshing and jumping and pushing with everybody. It was fjckin crazy. My body is still tired from it, and my ears are still proudly ringing.

I think Im going up to Frisco next week to see the Black Eyed Peas as well . . . not 100% sure about it.

I agree with you Chase, the car sounded good stock and the interior was great. I left before the concert since Im not a 311 fan so I missed out, but Black Eyed Pea's? hmmmm, may take a drive....
Old 10-17-2005

southpasdena is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm..the interior on the production models are supposed to be even better. These were supposed to be pre production, so some panels were loose, etc etc since they are just smashing these after they are done with the tour
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

KaOtIcCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn I had my e-ticket but I didn't end up going. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Old 10-17-2005
JDM WHORE!!!

JDMCIVIC will become famous soon enough
It was pretty nice. I stayed there all day and was there for the concert. I was in the first several rows and was getting pushed. I ended up moving back more because I was with my gf and for a 5 ft. tall asian chick, it is not fun getting pushed around so we started moving to the back more. The Si was pretty nice, I got to test drive the ridgeline and the element too. The ridgeline was ok and the element was lacking power. I had a fun time though, did any of you think that the asian chick mc'ing was hot. Anyways when I have time I'll post some pics up of the car show. I did see some 7thgens there. I was the silver civic with the gold rims.
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
I Think That Honda Made A Lot Of Changes...as Far As Performance And Quality. Got To Test Drive All The Cars, Got A Lot Of Free Stuff With It. Didn't Stay For The Concert, Cause Robbie, Anthony, John And Myself, Decided To Leave And Get Something To Eat. Not A 311 Fan, But Yes I Thought The Asian Chick Was Hot.

Last edited by eyegiant; 10-17-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Si was a lot of fun to drive, i liked the course but i could'nt the car out of 2nd gear cause of all the turns. The guy called me a nightmare but I had fun, definietly a big difference from the 06 ex and si. Good stuff
Old 10-17-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
What kinda track did they have u drive on?
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

It was just in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, the track was just a bunch cones!
Old 10-17-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Was it a fairly long track? or short track? Basically is it worth it for me to drive like 1 hour from santa cruz to san fran to drive the car.
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

The track was a decent size, its just hard to speed cause there arent any long straight stretches of road, the highest anyone took it was probably to third gear. I thought it was worth it.
Old 10-17-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
You guys see the guy that stalled and couldn't get the Si going again got out and made a run for it
Old 10-17-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i didn't like it. the digital display sucked, can't keep up. the response sucks, the handleing was good, i though it was sluggish, i guess im use to my car... and most of all, its not at all mod friendly
Old 10-18-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
That $500 prize was supposed to be mine. Too bad George Burgs had to show up. ha ha. The show was alright. I'm suprised the turn out was so bad.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PennyKnotOff
You guys see the guy that stalled and couldn't get the Si going again got out and made a run for it
THAT WAS ME, LOL....MY FIRST RUN, GOT IN THE CAR AND FORGOT TO TURN IT ON. TOWARDS THE END OF THE COURSE, WENT PAST THE FINISH LINE AT ABOUT 25 MPH, OFCOURSE COME BACK TO THE PIT THEY CALLED ME OUT ON IT.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by InOvAtStyL
That $500 prize was supposed to be mine. Too bad George Burgs had to show up. ha ha. The show was alright. I'm suprised the turn out was so bad.

I voted for you Tim! hahaha Yeah the turn out was a lot less than I thought it would be. It was fun either way, the less people there the better the lines where to test drive.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by njerry
THAT WAS ME, LOL....MY FIRST RUN, GOT IN THE CAR AND FORGOT TO TURN IT ON. TOWARDS THE END OF THE COURSE, WENT PAST THE FINISH LINE AT ABOUT 25 MPH, OFCOURSE COME BACK TO THE PIT THEY CALLED ME OUT ON IT.
I saw a few people stall it was pretty funny. I also saw a 90 year old asian couple take one for a drive! now that was funny, I think the fastest they went was about 20 mph.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

One guy knock over a whole row of cones and one turn then got them stuck under the car. They had to go out and get him and told him he couldn't test drive anymore
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PennyKnotOff
One guy knock over a whole row of cones and one turn then got them stuck under the car. They had to go out and get him and told him he couldn't test drive anymore

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

...thats hillarious!
Old 10-20-2005
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
oh my. LOL.

what were the requirements for the test drive anyway?

didnt want to go cuz of the crowds.. but the test drive sounded like fun.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

it wasn't even that crowded for the test drive. All they asked you was if you were able to drive a manuel transmisson. Some people really didn't know how either