Cops at Brea Mall

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004
Bone Stock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Cops at Brea Mall

I went to Brea Mall today to do some shopping and oh boy what a horrible scene. Around 2 or 3 cops on motorcycles, they stopped on the sidewalks at the intersections of Imperial and State College, and State College and that road that goes into the mall, just to catch people running red lights. I saw so many people got pulled over in a matter of minutes, imagine what would be like for the whole day. Even people who were turning right on red got caught, cuz they didnt come to a stop before approaching. So many people's Christmas shopping ruined. Is this where our tax money go to? Cops doing nothing but pulling over normal people? This is one of the reason why I didnt vote for more cops in the election. Well just be careful around Brea Mall guys.

Last edited by dalaw; 11-26-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2004
VtecViXen

i hate cops, that is all.....
Old 11-26-2004
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh......hate cops.....esp. *** cops
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
obey the law and you don't have to worry, that is all.
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah don't speed down that god damn road. Also watch out for the hill going towards CSUF from bastanchury/st. college.
Old 11-26-2004
Bone Stock!

yeah but there were so much traffic on the road that they couldnt get out of the intersection in time, and they got caught
Old 11-27-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Hahah!! When i see cops i just turn somewhere else or park.........
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dalaw
I went to Brea Mall today to do some shopping and oh boy what a horrible scene. Around 2 or 3 cops on motorcycles, they stopped on the sidewalks at the intersections of Imperial and State College, and State College and that road that goes into the mall, just to catch people running red lights. I saw so many people got pulled over in a matter of minutes, imagine what would be like for the whole day. Even people who were turning right on red got caught, cuz they didnt come to a stop before approaching. So many people's Christmas shopping ruined. Is this where our tax money go to? Cops doing nothing but pulling over normal people? This is one of the reason why I didnt vote for more cops in the election. Well just be careful around Brea Mall guys.
people that run Red lights and dont yield when makin right turns is when accidents usually happen ...so good tickets for them
Old 11-27-2004
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
yea... cops are gay.
Old 11-27-2004
JDM $lut

drumnbassics is an unknown quantity at this point
I was at Brea Mall earlier today too and I saw those cops. it was WACK! im just glad I didnt get pulled over or anythin ::knocks on wood::
Old 11-27-2004
VtecViXen

Originally Posted by dru106
Hahah!! When i see cops i just turn somewhere else or park.........

yeah thats the same exact thing i do....

but you know the funny thing is, i always tell people how cops pick on me cuz of the car and ****,its true! when were in the benz, cops dont even glance in our direction, i swear, yet when im in my vic, every single one is looking... its not fair.
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

DANEE is an unknown quantity at this point
cops are *******s, pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2004
MIT
Registered!!

yeh, esp. the one eatin the donut........ (_*_)
Old 11-27-2004
VtecViXen

^^haha
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

jgoodfella1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah...everyone hates cops....that is until something happens and you dial 911 and expect them to come save yer a$$. I wonder why they put themselves in danger day in and day out. They respond to domestic violence calls to baby sit adults. They get shot at..Every day they go to work they have to put on a vest and every time they pull someone over they are taking the risk that that person may be someone who is going to try to kill them. I wonder why they want to help people since it seems eveyone hates them.

I wonder how safe our roads would be if cops stopped writing tickets. They are already bad as it is. I know that I would be going like 90 mph down surface streets if those a$$hole cops didn't write tickets. I'd probably crash in to a mini van and kill a family.

Obey the law. If you don't like the law then get involved in politics and vote to change it. Cops just enforce the law that we as americans have created and allowed to be imposed upon us. I think it's sad that most cops would take a bullet trying to save yer a$$es. They get hurt trying to pull people out of wrecked cars. I'm sure some cops are a$$holes but the majority want to help people. I know that no one could pay me enough money to do that job.
Old 11-28-2004
MIT
Registered!!

Yeah...everyone hates cops....that is until something happens and you dial 911 and expect them to come save yer a$$. I wonder why they put themselves in danger day in and day out. They respond to domestic violence calls to baby sit adults. They get shot at..Every day they go to work they have to put on a vest and every time they pull someone over they are taking the risk that that person may be someone who is going to try to kill them. I wonder why they want to help people since it seems eveyone hates them.

I wonder how safe our roads would be if cops stopped writing tickets. They are already bad as it is. I know that I would be going like 90 mph down surface streets if those a$$hole cops didn't write tickets. I'd probably crash in to a mini van and kill a family.

Obey the law. If you don't like the law then get involved in politics and vote to change it. Cops just enforce the law that we as americans have created and allowed to be imposed upon us. I think it's sad that most cops would take a bullet trying to save yer a$$es. They get hurt trying to pull people out of wrecked cars. I'm sure some cops are a$$holes but the majority want to help people. I know that no one could pay me enough money to do that job.
thats true, BUT you ever heard a word called "benefit", thats why they put themselve in danger and get that GOOD government benefits.......just like in military, u gotta do some to get some....... i'm out~
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

x007den is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jgoodfella1
Obey the law. If you don't like the law then get involved in politics and vote to change it. Cops just enforce the law that we as americans have created and allowed to be imposed upon us.
many would say they don't enforce them fairly. that's where the hate comes from.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MIT
thats true, BUT you ever heard a word called "benefit", thats why they put themselve in danger and get that GOOD government benefits.......just like in military, u gotta do some to get some....... i'm out~
Yeah I'm sue that the 80k a year plus benefits is worth getting shot at and getting stuck with a needle while searching someone. Trust me. There are plenty of jobs out there that pay more. Cops should be compensated well for what they do however, Most people I know went into L.E. to help people and not for the gold mine of pay and benefits that you speak of.

The best benefits and pay in the world will not protect you from the evil people in the world and all that money does you no good if you are not alive to spend it. Being a cop is a choice and I find it highly unlikely that that choice was made for money alone when more money can be made elsewhere with less risk of being killed.

Last edited by jgoodfella1; 11-28-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by x007den
many would say they don't enforce them fairly. that's where the hate comes from.

There is no justification for hate. Hate caused the holocaust. Hate caused and still causes persecution of minorities. Hate is humanities sickness and it is only cured through education, compassion, and tolerance.

Cops are humans like everyone else. There are good cops and bad cops. There are good doctors and bad doctors. There have been good presidents and bad presidents. All people (including cops) must be responsible and held accountable for their actions. Blaming a cop because you were speeding or breaking a law is like blaming a doctor because you got an STD.

It's pretty simple. Be responsible and accept responsibility for your actions. If you make a mistake, own up to it. Don't blame others. If you see injustices that you don't like then do something about it. Don't give into hate. Join a PAC (Political action Committee); get involved with politics and your community. VOTE. If you feel that cops are not equally enforcing laws then do something about it. But don't stereo type all cops and say you hate them. That is like saying all white people are______. Or all black people are _______. I think you will find that for every (bad cop) there are hundreds of good ones out there trying to protect a community because they care. I personally have had experiences with both good and bad cops. I’m not going to hate anyone and I’m not going to judge an entire group based on actions of a few bad people. And most of all I'm going to ACCEPT RESPONSIBLITY FOR MY ACTIONS. I have had speeding tickets and I've been stopped by police. Every ticket I got I desereved and I never tried to blame it on the a$$hole cop. If you feel you didn't break a law then take it to court and present your evidence. That's why we have a three branch government, so that there are checks and balances.

Last edited by jgoodfella1; 11-28-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2004
Bone Stock!

well the cops at the mall that day werent writing tickets for speeding. i never said anything about responding to emergency or catching crooks. i am talking about traffic issues here. Those cops werent patrolling the streets, they just were sitting on the sidewalk, locked their eyes on the intersection, and have every intention to pull over anyone who didnt get out of the intersection in time. thats all
Old 11-28-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i respect some police in certain locations. for example, in my city, crime barely occurs and ppl are just doing their own thing. until some pig on the bike hides in the cuts and catches ppl going 28mph in a 25mph zone. buddy of mine got that ticket but fought in court and won.

now the police in oakland, california deserve alot of credit for what their doing. i admit, i drive a little wreckless and careless when im driving in oakland and cops seem to not even eyeball me. their always speeding down the road to the scene or doing something else more important.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dalaw
well the cops at the mall that day werent writing tickets for speeding. i never said anything about responding to emergency or catching crooks. i am talking about traffic issues here. Those cops werent patrolling the streets, they just were sitting on the sidewalk, locked their eyes on the intersection, and have every intention to pull over anyone who didnt get out of the intersection in time. thats all
I can't tell you what the issue with the mall was because I was not there and I was not one of the cops who was there but I will dispense some insight into what may or may not have happened.

1. A motorcycle cop has the primary duty of traffic enforcement. (His primary job is to write tickets. This does three things. It enforces the vehicle code. It prevents accidents by creating a fear of getting cited. (I don't commit crimes because I'm afraid of the punishment). And lastly, it brings in revenue for the city.

2. Today community oriented policing is a big topic. Its primary focus is to provide your community with policing that is specific to you community's needs.
For example: Motorcycle cops are stationed to specific (beats) in your city. However let’s say that there are several accidents every year during the holidays at a specific intersection. Community leaders communicate the concern to your local police and they respond by placing two motorcycle officers in that intersection. This is community oriented policing. It is also a basis for broken window theory.

Did you know that the day after thanksgiving is one of the busiest shopping days of the year? Do you know how many accidents there have been in that intersection in the last 5 years? These things all play a factor in why two officers were assigned to one intersection.

As you said the intersection was very busy. In addition, people continued to commit violations in the presence of 2 motorcycle cops. How many violations do you think would have been committed if they were not there? Do you think that it is possible that their mere presence may have prevented a car accident and possibly saved lives?

If you are ever concerned with issues like these and wonder why someone does something try asking. Call your police department and explain that you are a concerned member of the community and would like to know why__________. Whatever you want to know. I have called city council members, police chiefs, and even emailed our senators. Remember, you can do as much as you want to do. It’s not that we as citizens can’t change things; it’s that we as citizens choose not to get involved.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

Here. If you care just ask. Speaking up CAN make a difference. If you feel they were doing something they are not supposed to then report it. Maybe they were doing what they were supposed to do. You will never know unless you ask!

Brea Police Public Information

Sgt. Jack Conklin
Public Information - (714) 990-7620
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough

Last edited by usafstud; 11-28-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2004
Registered!!

x007den is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no justification for hate. Hate caused the holocaust. Hate caused and still causes persecution of minorities. Hate is humanities sickness and it is only cured through education, compassion, and tolerance.
fyi people use the word hate in diff. contexts and tones.
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by x007den
fyi people use the word hate in diff. contexts and tones.
Regardless of the context it was obviously negative. Furthermore it singled out an entire group of people. Try replacing the word cops with another group and see how it sounds. I hate_________. The word hate is a strong word that is pretty specific about how you feel about something.

You have every right to say what you like and be as ambiguous as you like. But remember, people will judge you based on your words. If you say you hate someone then one would expect that to mean that you dislike them to say the least. If you say that you hate cops then one would expect that you mean that you dislike all of them. That would include the one who saved my life when I was 12 years old. That would include my best friend who was shot while saving a woman from a kidnapper/rapist.
Old 11-29-2004
VtecViXen

If you say that you hate cops then one would expect that you mean that you dislike all of them. That would include the one who saved my life when I was 12 years old. That would include my best friend who was shot while saving a woman from a kidnapper/rapist.
wow... sorry to hear that,...

ill admit, im guilty of stereotyping too, and i shouldnt, esp now that your post got me thinking
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
Yeh i really hate the cops camping near the mall. I really dont like the drivers either. Like if ur goin north on st. college and turn into the mall right after cheese cake factory, there is no stop sign when you turn in. But alot of people stop anyways, causing backup. And sometimes you get stuck in the intersection. And BAM there is a cop there waiting to give out a ticket for blocking traffic.
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
case and point.... if YOU were a cop, it would be part of your job to do what they are doing. OBEY THE LAW and you shouldn't have problems.
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road
I appreciate what you guys do we need you, and your very under appreciated. But just like all of us there are exceptions. I obey the laws so, don't pull me over because I went 5mph over the speed limit. Or because your exhaust is too loud(which is weird because the 5 other officers that pulled me over that month never mentioned it). Or better yet how about not talking to me and my friends with disrespect when we showed you nothing but respect when you pulled us over.
You receive the respect you give. If you notice there is a lot of hate for cops maybe the ones that you know that are bad are actually worse than you think. Its not some media thing that we just made up, our complaints are real and not imagined. But in the same token you hardly ever hear about the cop that helped you out when your car get stalls on the freeway, or helps search for your missing loved ones. It sucks but hey it the world we have. If you guys stop treating me like a crack selling, gang banging, project kid every time you see me maybe people wouldn't hate you so much.

Quick Reply: Cops at Brea Mall