I Am Sooooooooo Pissed @ Goudy Honda (update)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
I Am Sooooooooo Pissed @ Goudy Honda (update)

Summary of events for those who didnt get to read the come abouts of this issue:
I take my car down to goudy honda to find out the problem of my car as to why it keeps on floodin cuz its the only thing preventin me from sellin the car...i take my car to them stock...however when i come to pick up my car...and put my car in reverse i hear a grinding noise..which tells me my tranny is gone..i tell the supervisor..since i was still at the dealership and they said its my fault even though when i brought my car in it was fine..so right now i end up takin action upon goudy honda

Update:
1st off i wanna thank specifically Nottacivic and everyone that has provided me with information. Well i took Nottacivic advise and talked to the general manager and told him about my problem..however he says right now its one of them "u say he say" type deals and he cant help me..so i took off tellin him ill take kare of the issue...so i left and filed several complaints to the BBB and have also emailed and wrote letters to Honda corporate on this issue. (ive gotten the response fromt he BBB and is waitin to hear from goudy as well as Honda corporate)...

In the mean time because i need to sell the car i took my car to colonial honda...and the supervisor was more than helpful and willin to help me out...when i brought my car in he told me that the warrany will cover the tranny as long as i put my stock tires back on claimin that corporate will send a inspector and if they see the tires they will say that caused the problem (tires being wider..creatin more grip and torque which causes strain in the tranny)...so he tells me to go home put the stockies on and hell pretend i never showed up...so i go home make a couple phone calls because my stockies are at chases...luckily temo aka hondaluver had a set that i could use...mad props and thanx to him as well as peter who said i could borrow his if things fall through...so i threw my stockies back on and dropped my car at colonial..so now im just waitin for authorization..and my new tranny to be put it..once that issue is done i shall sell the car..and will have a final tribute to my civic..pics of it being stock and step by step to how it came about lookin as it does now...lol

Last edited by iceman; 03-09-2004 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's why you should never take your car to a dealer unless it's warranty work. Sometimes I think they have a bunch of monkeys back there throwing tools around.

I had my fuel sender replaced under warranty and the guy who did it spilled gas all underneath the rear seat. They were hoping I wouldn't notice that my car smells like a gas station. Well I did, and turns out it soaked into the metal and padding. At least I got a free detail out of it. The stains are still there. Sometimes dealers mess up more stuff than they fix.

So honestly, you need to complain to corporate and tell them what's going on with that dealer. I probably would have called the cops and refused to pay repairs. Not to mention them breaking your car.
Old 02-29-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
one reason why dealer service is #1 most complained issue for consumers.

never really gotten a complete perfect, or at least, trouble-free dealer visit.

once it was close.. dropped car off at costa mesa honda for fuel pump/filter replacement under warranty... they fixed it on target, and even update me thru the days.

when i got the car back, everything was all good.. they fixed the side air bag light being on too.. i guess they reset it.

till I got home, noticed that there's a dent/scratch on the right side that wasn't there before.

course they couldn't do anything cuz i took the car home already.

from now on, DONT LEAVE the place till u check ur car completely!

u were right on suspecting that they'll say BS on you.. good that you call back and at least got them to acknowledge the issues.

I dont know. dealers suck. duno why they can't provide honest service. I dont mind paying for honest and able service. but paying extra for crap service is ridiculous...

unfortunately, finding a trusthworthy and honest mechanic/auto shop is the same deal.

sigh.
Old 02-29-2004
I like to stuff a l0t 0f c00kies int0 my m0uth!

monkeyness is on a distinguished road
i took my car in for a tranny prob about three weeks ago. ive been going back. this upcoming tuesday being the second time. since i had the tranny changed. my cars been leaking transmission fluid. they claimed to have fixed it the first time around, but then it happened again. and for some reason, this time in a different area. yet again, at goudy honda..

its like, they want your service, but at the same time, giving you service as if to have you stop coming to them. dont know if that made any sense, but yea, ive been having probs with goudy too.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
simple solution: file a complaint with the BBB. they get into alot of trouble when that happens, and will usually resort in the GM getting written up for crappy work. call honda, call BBB. this goudy place sounds like a bunch of shady ****** fvckers.
Old 02-29-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i never take my car to honda...bleh...

dam dude, i hope you get a new tranny and they fix that freaking flooding problem, i think its the ecu thats messing up.

i think my tranny is starting to slip.. im sooo mad... well i guess its telling me that its time to get a swap soon
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

xstrghstx2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah i went to the dealer for just an srs light on.. well i walked in and told the guy all you need to do is reset the light by plugging it into there machine.. he says ok.. that was around 1 i dont here back from him till 5.. when i walk in to talk to him he said you know what all we need to do was just reset the computer .. i was so pissed.. thank god it was free or i was goin to have start busting heads in.. then on my way home i hear a noise that i never heard before.. i get home start to wash my car and notice a fatty screw in my tire.. i call them up and yell at them.. the said bring it back in and the took it into the shop and said the tire doesnt need to be replaced.. they were trying to be all nice so i wouldnt cause a big commotion... moral of the story "DEALER'S SUCK!"
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
dude like i have said time and time again, take it to honda world in downy when you drive up the the service techs our there outside waitng for you as you pull up, AS FOR ISREAL, dude he's cool as hell, hill even fix your car under warrebty with mods on it...tell him James with the Blk civic (NICHI SHOCKS) sent you and hill hook ya up...
Old 02-29-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I hate goin to the dealers. I had an incident before but its a long story.
Old 02-29-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

id take my car to honda world in downy..but the problem was my car would keep on floodin and i wouldnt be able to start it...plus i didnt want to take my car on such a long drive wit problems...esp now wit no reverse
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
wow ya i see your point, well just for ftr reference..that place is dope..A+ all the way
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

XtremeJM is an unknown quantity at this point
See i have had good luck with Sierra in Monrovia, they hook me all phat all the time.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
my dealer here in simi was so cool when I got my 1st civic. the thing had this terible creak in the back pasenger side and I couldnt get it to go away. They put a tech in the trunk and drove around town so he could find it. Turns out it was a tear in the right rear strut support that was rubbing on the inside of the body shell. Since the fix is to cut the corner of the car off and replace it, they talked to honda and got me a new car in like a week. Even paid for my rental, they did, not honda corporate. then I get my new one and they turn into *******s. I wont take it there for anything anymore, its like all they want to do is get you to go buy a new car. I'm all "my clutch pedal is squeking, i have a waranty, fix it please" and they say "they all squek like that, its no big deal, its just a civic afterall. you should go look at that accord v6" sorry for the long story, but I dont like dealers that much anymore.

anyway get the BBB into it and call and leave a complaint with hoda customer service. That stuff will get back to them quick and they will do about anything to make it right after that.
Old 02-29-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, dealers HATE doing warranty work. And even if you're paying for service, they still try and screw you. I can't believe how many times I've heard a tech say something is normal when it's obviously broken.
Old 03-01-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

aite looks like goudy will not be fixin my car...so my question to you guys...does anyone know the number to the honda corporate...cuz im goin to file a complaint wit honda corporate and then file a complaint wit the BBB
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

I dont have it handy but i'll try and get it for you tomorrow if someone else doesnt beat me to it. I can get the BBB too but not till tomorrow afternoon when I get up
Old 03-01-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

that would be great
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DestnationUnkwn is an unknown quantity at this point
www.bbbsouthland.org LA Area BBB Office

Last edited by DestnationUnkwn; 03-01-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

this is the customer relations number they give on their website

(800) 999-1009

hope that works for you, if not let me know and I can ask one of my friends at honda here in simi
Old 03-02-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

by any chance do u have honda's corporate number or does ur homie that works at honda know it
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

NottaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I work at a dealership, and i agree that they suck. They will try to screw you any way possible. But believe it or not, there's a better way to go about this.

1. Go in and talk to the GM (General Manager) Tell him what happened, do not threaten a lawsuit, trust me they have more lawyers than you could imagine, he will just laugh at you.

2. If #1 does not solve the problem, do not go to the BBB first. We've been complained at to the BBB quite a few times. It's like getting a slap on the wrist. They basically say, "Don't do it again." Instead, write a letter to Honda Corporate, and send a copy of the letter to the GM at Goudy. Make sure you write down the names of the service advisors, that always helps.

3. If neither of those works, file a complaint to the BBB and take the dealership to court. Lawyers can get expensive, so use that as a last resort. Let the BBB do it's thing first.

I hope this helps, sorry to hear about your problem.
Old 03-03-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

i already contacted the general manager over the phone..and he says there is nuthin u can do bout it..cuz its a he said she said type deal (mechanic claims he asked me if i know bout the noise and i said yes)..which i didnt...so as a result imma talk to the GM personally..and see if he will resove this..if not ill do wut u say and send a letter to honda coporate (do u have the addy or number as to where its at..cuz i been tryin to look it up..and theres soo many)...and if that fails i will contact the BBB...and hopefully everything will be settled..if not ill go to court..ive already talked to a couple of lawyers who own a firm...that are also my teachers..and they also say i have a case...cuz when it comes down to proof...i will have the edge...and because hearsay is inadmissible..that will help me out as well
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

Honda corporate address:

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Phone #:

(800) 999-1009

Fax #:

(310) 783-3023

If any of these don't work, PM me, i'll find out more info at work. Hope this helps. Good luck, I think you have a good case for sure, and i've seen quite a few!! Let me know what happens!!
Old 03-09-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

thanx for the help bro
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

MattGQ is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, well I leave all the way by the westside, I have Honda of Santa Monica, Miller honda and and a lot of more dealers here. Anyways I SVS light was on and I got a letter that it should be for my 10,000 mile minor check up. Anyways I call around to get a good deal and somewhere close, it ended up being good old "Goudy F****NG Honda" I took it there left my car at 10:00am and I was told to pick it up around 1 or 2 pm. Well when I had dropped my car off I had NO DENTS, NO SCRATCHES, and before they take the car in the abviously searched around the car and put on the paper that there was nothing wrong in the exterior of the car. I come back at 1:30pm to pick up my baby and I see it coming out all nice and clean and I had already paid for my service. Well as you know i had researched my stuff and learned from you guys that before receiving my car I should look around it. Well I did and when I come to my front , I see there is a dent on the hood that was in at leat 0.5-1in .... PEACED i was now. I go in and ask for the manager. The old as guy comes out and said "what"... I didn't say anything. he is like "sir you called for manager" told his @$$ damn right i did. Showed him my paper I received in the begining of the process that shows no damage to my car or dent or scratches. He looks around and says "well i think maybe they forgot to mark that, its not a big deal not really visable" I was about to know him DEAD... So i said to him straight up, " I know you and your company don't want to see me in court so I suggest you give me my money back that I paid today for my service, and your insurance number and I will take care of the rest." Dude says no can do, but you can leave your car hear and will take to OUR mechanic. SO I called the cops on there @$$ got my money back for my serivce then I took it to M8 collisions or something and had them fix it and take the money from Goudy's Account + they gave me a rental car for 1 week...... SO my point, DO NOT TAKE UR CAR TO GOUDY, they are thifts and suck at what they do.
Old 03-09-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

yup yup..exactly...my glove compartment is broken because of them...but luckily colonial said theyll fix it free of charge after tellin them my horror story at goudy
Old 03-09-2004
Premium Member

bluelight is an unknown quantity at this point
hey derrick, so did goudy fix the flooding problem?
Old 03-09-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I take my car to to Thousand Oaks honda, becuase they sell modified cars. I know its crazy but they actually sell under thier dealership warranty exterior modified Honda civics and S200's.
They have always been polite, however now I just take everything to my bodyshop rofl. Dash trouble the bodyshop, water leak in the trunk took it to the bodyshop why? they are cheap and get the job done right.
I am so freaking worrried about honda auto transmissions it seems everyones is failing, are you guys running these really hard all the time?
I have a 02 civic my friend how had a 01 had his tranny replaced twice......whats going on here?
Old 03-09-2004
--< GripSpeed Member >--

nope...so we arent payin for it...but imma give colonial a chacne to fix it..cuz they said they had several people come in wit the same reason
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

I'm glad i could help bro, if you need any help in the future let me know!!

Quick Reply: I Am Sooooooooo Pissed @ Goudy Honda (update)