Found friends Stolen motorcycle -->> GOT IT BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matrix311 is on a distinguished road
Found friends Stolen motorcycle -->> GOT IT BACK!

Hey guys, so i'm browsing another webiste and checking through the forums and all of a sudden i see pictures of this bike that i totally recognized. It was my friends sporbike that got stolen a few months, it had all the same stickers, same pipe, same windscreen, his bike was very unique in a few ways and it had all the identical features, not to mention his bike was in the 90's so it was older and his color scheme was a limited one, so anyways yeah i found his bike. How do I approach to figure out who is riding it and how would you try to get it back? So yeah, right now we found his bike, he's super excited and we just go to brainstorm a way to get it back. IF any of ya got any suggestions on what you would do, please fill me in. Unfortunately on the pics the license plate was never shown, so we wouldnt be able to run the plates to check to see if it's valid and what not. But if anyone has some info, please fill me in! Appreciate any help.

Last edited by matrix311; 04-21-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2005
Banned

luvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trusted
i would find out where it is.. ask the guy that has it that you want to see it in person before you buy it.. drive there. beat the fvck outta him.. get the cops to go there with you... get the bike back....
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by luvmy04vic
i would find out where it is.. ask the guy that has it that you want to see it in person before you buy it.. drive there. beat the fvck outta him.. get the cops to go there with you... get the bike back....

The kid doesn't have the bike for sale, i just saw pictures of it on a forum of a group ride that he was involved with. There were numrous pics of that bike, so i just got to figure out how to get the bike back.
Old 03-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, who is a hacker and can see where he's located from his ISP and stuff. i know theres a way to get their adress. Send them an E-Mail saying nice bike, and ask some questions to make him feel special (nothing that would let him know about the stolen issues), just like, where di you get this or that, thats cool. Do you havea way to get his E-Mail. is it on the site you saw the bike at? If so, do that, save the E-Mail, and let somebody get the ISP and location of it for you. Any links, so if I ever see it around, i will follow and beat down his a**, plus call the cops for ya. I have a lot of rage to take out sometime, and no matter how big they are, will get beaten.

Thats my idea, hopefully it helps somewhat. Good luck, plus call the cops????
Old 03-04-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
provide urls to the people and pics
Old 03-04-2005
http://ackakaka.ytmnd.com

JoeyOKC is on a distinguished road
contact the administrator of the board.
Old 03-04-2005

Originally Posted by JoeyOKC
contact the administrator of the board.
definately, good idea! They should help ya out.
Old 03-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
They're just posted pics in a general forum with a bunch of other bikes and they're 4 months old. We have a few ideas but it's going to take some digging. We don't even have a shot of what the tool looks like for sure. One way or another though....

Last edited by Rufus; 03-04-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
yeah ask they guy about the bike..and focus on one thing that you know about the bike that is custom..and ask him man i would love to see that in person..and find out how to install that..and more then likely he will say ok man..and invite you over to look and figure it out..when u get directions..call the cops and ride over there with them...
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
It wouldent work if u asked to see it in person, especially a random person being like hey nice bike can I see you and the bike in person? He would get sketched out about that seeing how it is stolen and all
Old 03-04-2005
Registered!!

I dont know the screenname or the email of the person who owns the bike. The pictures were posted in a group ride section, so there were like 5-10 bikes in pictures posted in a gallery of a forum, so it doesn't specifically say who owns the bike or who's screen name it is, so i have no way if finding that out. I dont want to freak the kid out and scare him off of the board and than he be gone for good, but you do have some good ideas so far.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
can you ask another member if they know the persons sn or email, just say you are interested in some part.
Old 03-05-2005
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to find out if your friend still has the VIN from his stolen bike...then when you see the bike in person sneek around and look...if its the same bike then call the police

If the VIN is scratched off...still call the police b/c thats illegal too
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AZ2K1Civic
You need to find out if your friend still has the VIN from his stolen bike...then when you see the bike in person sneek around and look...if its the same bike then call the police

If the VIN is scratched off...still call the police b/c thats illegal too

Thats pretty much the idea I had, I just hope I can see this bike. I know a lot of you are westside and up north, so if your ever in the neighborhood around Scottsdale/101 there is Buffalo Wild Wings up there, I guess they meet there every Tuesday night for bike night because it's 35 cent wings. They usually park right in front to where you'll see all the bikes and also they usually meet from 7:00-7:30 at night and stay there for a few hours. I'll post a links of the pics. It's the 1995 Honda CBR 600F3, the purple/white bike, it looks identical to my avitar as far as the color scheme and year/make of the bike goes. He had the same bike I did, just a few minor changes to it.

So if ya ever see that bike hanging out at buffalo wild wings or on a group ride with a bunch of other bikers give me a call.

Few key things to look for:
1. bike has purple windscreen
2. bike has 2 stickers on the rear fairing, 1 sticker says "CBR600F3" and the other is the one he put on that says "2 bros exhaust" which was a custom sticker he had made because that is the exhaust he had on there, and the 2 bros exhaust sticker is located just below the sticker that says 600F3 and they are both yello.
3. he had a tear in his seat being held together with black electrical tape
4. if you see the rear tailight, he had no blinkers on the back but there are 2 bulbs in the rear taillight and he just made the rear tailight be his blinkers, which is not normal or stock for that bike to be like that.

Thos are the siginificant things, plus i've rarely ever seen a color scheme like that since i've lived here, so it's pretty limited for the most part. Hope this helps.

Thanks Eric
605-351-0702
Old 03-05-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i remember those days with my bike...good times!!
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

Tommy Tran is an unknown quantity at this point
Today is Tuesday... I might roll by there!

Peace
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Tommy Tran
Today is Tuesday... I might roll by there!

Peace

so did you roll by there and see anyone there? I'm sure it was packed! I went to Buffalo Wild wings down here in Gilbert, they got the 35 cent wings and $2.50 miller light 23oz drafts! Good stuff... anyways did you see any bikes there by chance or that exact one?
Old 03-09-2005

Ill roll up there next tuesday hopefully (if I skip school, I doubt it), but after school anyways. Ill check it out. I am at tatum and bell, so thats like 5 minutes from my house. If it looks like it, Ill get a pic of the vin.
Old 03-09-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i love hot wings!!
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by matrix311
so did you roll by there and see anyone there? I'm sure it was packed! I went to Buffalo Wild wings down here in Gilbert, they got the 35 cent wings and $2.50 miller light 23oz drafts! Good stuff... anyways did you see any bikes there by chance or that exact one?
I did go by there and hungout for a while but had to leave... I was there right at 7pm and didnt see ANY bikes!... I'll have to go by there a lil after 7pm next time! Heh I'd love to catch this guy! I will call you if he is there!

Peace
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

I did go by there and hungout for a while but had to leave... I was there right at 7pm and didnt see ANY bikes!... I'll have to go by there a lil after 7pm next time! Heh I'd love to catch this guy! I will call you if he is there!

Peace
Did i mention that for any positive leads to this bike there is a cash reward!!!!

Than after we catch the guy and when he gets out of jail in a few years we can go knocking on his door and do some more damage to himself!
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

Cool cool sounds good!

Peace
Old 03-15-2005
Registered!!

Hey it's TUESDAY!! CRuise by Buffalo Wild Wings around 8:00-8:30 to see if any bikes are out front! Look for the purple and white Honda CBR600F3 as pictured in my avitar.
Old 03-15-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by matrix311
Hey it's TUESDAY!! CRuise by Buffalo Wild Wings around 8:00-8:30 to see if any bikes are out front! Look for the purple and white Honda CBR600F3 as pictured in my avitar.
Im on it like flies on **** brotha!!! I will call you if its there... I dont want to inspect it too closely like you said and scare the guy off... so whats the most obvious unique mod to it that I would see walking by it?

Peace
Old 03-16-2005
Registered!!

Im on it like flies on **** brotha!!! I will call you if its there... I dont want to inspect it too closely like you said and scare the guy off... so whats the most obvious unique mod to it that I would see walking by it?

Peace

2 things to look for that make it stand out

1. purple windscreen
2. on the back rear fairing on the tail section you will see two stickers, top one says "CBR600F3" and the bottom one in yellow color says " 2 bros exhaust" on it, that makes it stand out.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Today is Tuesday!
Rollin up there after I get done with springs on an Si
We're gonna catch this beeestard!!!

Peace
Old 03-22-2005
http://ackakaka.ytmnd.com

JoeyOKC is on a distinguished road
hmmm...I might come up there too...
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Hey Eric, you've never really specified what you'd like us to do if it is in fact your friends bike... Last time I was there I tried callin you but didnt get an answer... I'm sure if they showed up and we were there and called you it would be enough time to drive up there and call the cops if you wanted... so...???

Peace
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Well dudes, i think i found the little ****. He lives in Tempe, I know his name, his AIM and his cell phone number. I'm supposed to meet the kid tonight, so i'm going to check over the bike to confirm it's my buddies, if it's i'm calling the police immediately! So lets hope this is him! It has to be his bike, i've found a few more pics of this bike and it's completely identical, very unlikely a 10yr old bike would be exactly the same, by now they are usually repainted or totalled. So i'll let ya all know tomorrow what i come up with.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

So I take it he's not gonna be at Buffalo Wild Wings???

Thats sweet, how'd you get him to meet up with you?

Peace

Quick Reply: Found friends Stolen motorcycle -->> GOT IT BACK!