my fellow 7th genz!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rum151 is an unknown quantity at this point
my fellow 7th genz!!

does anyone know how powerful a D17A2 can be all motor wise..

pistons, rods, rings, valves, cams, cam gears, port and polish head, port and polished block, intake manifold, intake, headers, exhaust, pulleys, vtec controller, fuel rail, ect. i wanta make an all motor beast out my sohcs vtec but am curious to know will it be worth it..

lets talk.
Old 02-17-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably not. A lot of that would only be good for a FI of some sort. Somebody correct me if Im wrong. If you replaced I/H with turbo, you could get some major power. Thats what Im working towards by the end of next year. At least 350+ HP. I would say you can get like 170 if you are very lucky, but not sure. Talk to importpowerhouse.com for reals. They can build it all up, or custom make anything you may need. Have them make you some headers, and you'll have the sickest ones on a 7thgen by far. They are located in phoenix as well. SO if you need a shop, but know how to take your motor apart, should be a good deal. If you have an older vic, they will build it completely and custom turbo/tune it for under 5,000. Such a sweet deal, probably pretty close for our motors anyways, since they do custom for their work.
http://importpowerhouse.com
Old 02-17-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Waste of money. You have way more potential (and more parts available) for the K series. I'm still waiting to see how much money you're gonna spend on that d17 trying to get to 350HP before you give up.
Old 02-17-2005

Originally Posted by Rufus
Waste of money. You have way more potential (and more parts available) for the K series. I'm still waiting to see how much money you're gonna spend on that d17 trying to get to 350HP before you give up.
Im gonna blow a lot of money at once on this motor. I will build it completely at once, see what the HP is. If I am still unhappy (which I will be afwe months later) I plan on getting a K-Series motor, custom fab all the new pieces for the turbo, and enjoy that. Than I will save up or get a commission and do a complete build of that motor. hehe

Im gonna have fun for a while, enjoy/get used to 3-400 HP, than when Im used to that, cant get anymore, start back over on a K-Series (or start building before I put it in, probably best bet so I dont lose HP for a little while)

Ill have a house before I do the K series though.

I will have a daily driver as well.

I will be wasting a lot of money on this car, but will keep it for a long time as my domestic eater. I plan on getting nor a dollar back, and losing value every time I mod something.

You gonna come by and talk sh** like, THIS SUCKS, D17s are a waste, POINTLESS, haha. that would be funny. Your more than welcome, Ill have beer for ya as well.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

Tommy Tran is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Im gonna blow a lot of money at once on this motor. I will build it completely at once, see what the HP is. If I am still unhappy (which I will be afwe months later) I plan on getting a K-Series motor, custom fab all the new pieces for the turbo, and enjoy that. Than I will save up or get a commission and do a complete build of that motor. hehe

Im gonna have fun for a while, enjoy/get used to 3-400 HP, than when Im used to that, cant get anymore, start back over on a K-Series (or start building before I put it in, probably best bet so I dont lose HP for a little while)

Ill have a house before I do the K series though.

I will have a daily driver as well.

I will be wasting a lot of money on this car, but will keep it for a long time as my domestic eater. I plan on getting nor a dollar back, and losing value every time I mod something.

You gonna come by and talk sh** like, THIS SUCKS, D17s are a waste, POINTLESS, haha. that would be funny. Your more than welcome, Ill have beer for ya as well.

I dont see an all motor D17 over 250hp to the wheels...

Peace
Old 02-17-2005

not all motor. I am boosting. I figured 170 possibly to the wheels all motor. I think like the second post I stated that.

I think boosted I can get 3-400 easily. (easily with $$$)
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

i can believe an all motor D17A2 pushing about 170 hp's.

yea the turbo kit fmade for D17 rom max rev adds min. 200 horses to a stock d17... i may want to add that later down the road.. but if i can get at least 170 out of an all motor D17 then id be satisfied.. then all i have to do is add a turbo then i wont have to wrry bout the internals being worn out later on down the road. everything will be built to handle.
Old 02-17-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Dude I'll be honest. Even if you pull if you pull it off, I'll think you're toad for not getting the K20 in the first place. Thats not a bragging right to say hey I built 2 motors when you could have just gotten the most out of the equation the first time. Do what ya want, I'm not hear to shoot you down, but I HAVE researched all of this. I HAVE done motor work to our cars. I HAVE swapped a few d17 heads. I almost bought a K20 and I DID figure out what all was entailed. What I am not, is another 7thgen idiot spouting off to hear myself. $3000 to reliably boost to 210HP or $3000 to get 210HP stock and STILL be able to boost. I'm no rocket scientist but one makes more sense. Unless the sound of a blow off valve is what you're addicted to then I'm guilty too, but I won't do something that doesn't make sense. Now you can call me an idiot.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
Idiot!!!!
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
haha, j/k. But you said we could!
Old 02-17-2005

IDIOT, GOSH! Hey, I can always sell my motor down the line for a little bit of cash, somebody would want it somewhere. Im spending under 3,000 to reliably boost about 220. After tuning that is, I should have a good amount of power. With 2-300 HP, we will still be able to take a lot of the people on the road on. I dont want to be the fastest car on the road, but I would like to be the fastest D17. This is my goal, and Im sticking to it. with a turbo, you can easily make more HP than a k20 for less money. Everybody likes to talk down on the D17, but I believe that a fully built D17 can handle 500 HP after pushing a hell of a lot of boost, and possibly nitrous down the line. It can be done with enough $$$. And we'll see just what this car is capable of. I want to prove something to myself and others. Even 350 HP is more than I would need for a daily driver.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

YOU F%#@$%#%*#%%^%^ IDIOT!!!!
Old 02-17-2005

Dude, read what this guy called me the other day. He was tryin to rip people off for 26 or 2800 bucks. This was his retaliation

Originally Posted by bradmanuwf
2K1Civic17"Gabe = c o c k juggling thunder c u n t......dude if I ever saw you in person, I WOULD BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOUR COCKBITING F U C KTARD ***!!!!! You're lucky you don't live within 50 miles of me, or you'd be in the IC unit cause you're within an inch of your life after I pummeled your fuxor ***!!!!!!

But hell that's fine.....I found some sites that are selling interals for our motor so keeping the turbo isn't going to be a bad idea since I'll be able to pump 15psi daily into it after I upgrade. So f u c k you ***********....and when I fly by your slow asses, don't take it personal!

2K1Civic17"Gabe you cockbiting teamkilling c o c k juggling tunder c u n t
f u c k tard.....suck my D I C K!!!! and same to you bgoetz....FUQ
Old 02-17-2005

I posted how much he actually paid ina quote he did, and he got sooo pissed. He paid 1800 shipped for a kit w/fuel system, and wanted 4500 plus shipping. I offered 2600 + shipping for the kit w/o fuel system and he called me a lowballer. Hes a punk, never trust him
Old 02-18-2005
Premium Member

ya know I think I'll ckeck out the B series swaps. Ivtec sucks and so does sohc.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

anyone have a EP3 rear "H" Badge i can buy off of them .? i aint about to pay $42 for a set just to use the rear badge. ha
Old 02-21-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
there are alot of people with big numbers from the k20's and k24's..all the honda chanllenge guys are running them as are the touring car series with the tsx....the numbers are only going to go up..

go with a nice supercharged k24.....300hp..220-250 ft/lbs....that would get it done daily man!
Old 02-26-2005
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
the question is....how much do you want to spend, and how long do you want your engine to last? i can build you an engine, all motor d17, that puts out 500 whp, but it's gonna cost out the *** and will only last about a month. if drivability and funds are not an issue that is.... if you want somthing more relible, you can gey about 300 whp, and it will last abot 24 months, give or take 6. again, it's pricy. logicly, if you want somthing that will last for about 5 years without major work, probility 225-250 range would be better. these guys that are saying 170.....that must just be with "bolt-on" junk. if you want true performance, the engine must be blueprinted and built with precision, not throwing parts at it....(opinion)
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

02LX is on a distinguished road
I agree with what he is saying. I have looked up and the K20 with the 220 or 210HP is going to cost about 3000-5000 dollars, and that is all excluding the cost to actually put it in. and if you are going to boost, that is another 3000 on top of that. If you have that type of money to spend, why get a civic. I have been doing my research, and also with the right mechanic or if you can do it yourself, you can do a pretty nice rebuild on the D17 for about 1500 or even less. **** the whole damn rebuild kit is only 500 bucks, and you can bump up your compression a bit, and you can get 160HP, for a whole lot less than actually buying a K20A3 which is the one with 160HP. Plus putting together a custom (reliable) turbo now a days is getting cheaper and cheaper, the key is all in making sure you get it tuned correctly. All I am saying is, if someone wants to hook up their stock engine help them out, you do not know their situation and you do not know what exactly they are trying to do, do not impose what you did or gonna do on someone else. That is like a catholic imposing their bliefs on a baptist.
Old 06-13-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Chris i am with you i am already gonna do a head swap and get crower products port polish the whole works i am planning 300+whp. Besides i think in the end its cheaper than swapping maybe the swap turbo is fastest but look i bought turbo and all the electronics for 3000 then the head swap and all internals fuel system are estimated 4000 so a total of 7000 most swaps cost 5000 or more i am not sure then to boost it 8000 then to add major boost and work on internals 5000 so 13000 for it when we are gonna spend 7000 almost half
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

bkerley is an unknown quantity at this point
my advice is buy this http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=215750