What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
What should I do?

I got a couple options with my money. I have changed some of my ideas after talking to my friend. Should I get nitrous/clutch flywheel headers and somet other things. Or should I get a fully built motor, so I can boost in a few months? I can probably get a good deal from Import Powerhouse, and my friend will help me take everything apart in my motor. But they do awesome work. This kid has a 550 HP Hybrid(hybrid is from japan, correct) B16 or b18, turbo'd at 22psi. I am very confident they can do an awesome job. But it wouldnt help me out right now, since I have no turbo to go on it. I know they could get me up to about 500 HP from about 5,000. They do custom turbos, custom headers, custom anything you want. Here is a link to their site. So would you guys start building up your motor and boost within 6mo-1 year at the latest, or get nitrous leather interior, clutch/flywheel and some other things?

Help me out. If you guys havent heard of import powerhouse, here is their link
http://importpowerhouse.com/
Old 02-04-2005
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
What do you have right now? D17?.......a hybrid is a combo of 2 things....the older civics using a block from a crv...the B20.....with a head from a b16 or b18.....newer civics are getting a k24 from a crv with a head from an rsx type s(k20a2) or r(k20a).....its a waste of money to use the civic si head(k20a3).......I think you should use the money towards a swap or a built motor. Thats just my opinion though
Old 02-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
My buddy Andy has an entire K20 without the subframe though. Came out of a car with 11K miles. I KNOW he'll sell it for 3K. You still need subframe, harness, knuckles, etc. ALL of which for under 5K easy. Joe at Hasport will do the swap for 1K, he was going to do it for me. Type S of course.
Old 02-05-2005
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
I'll do the swap for cheaper than that......its simple....let me know.....i'll help out for sure, I've built a few engines in my days.....so I'm not an idiot when it comes to that.......heres an example........I built an all motor Ford Focus that runs 13's all day long long.....it started off running 18's stock.....I'm here if you need me.
Old 02-05-2005

I feel that I could get a k20a2 for a lot cheaper than 3,000, sorry. I got wholesale hookups in az. My dad owns a title company, and they (other people) fix up the cars when they need to. So his friends said, call any place in AZ that sells motors, and give them our name "ashduiaos hdikuashd", and youll get wholesale price from them. That isnt the name, just jiberish. Thanks for the offer though. I have so many options Im leaning towards right now. I could build up my d17 to handle tons of boost (minus turbo for at least a few months or more), do nitrous and other goodies right now, get a turbo right now (no built motor, slowly build that up,be dont by next year), or pick up most parts for a swap.

I want something fast, though. A swap will give me much better HP gains for sure after its built, so that may be a good idea. I would save a little more first,and buy everything at once. I get too anxious having things not installed, sitting in front of me.

This hasnt left my mind for like 4 days. I have all this rushing through my head, and when I see pics, they just say, "BUY ME", "BUY ME"!
Old 02-05-2005

I may be going custom turbo now. That would be a lot cheaper than a kit, and I could have it just as reliable. I may not even buy all the stuff yet, and get most of it (expensive parts ie. turbo, manifold, ic, ecu, injectors) and just wait on a timer and piping, gaskets, and everything else. Than i could build up the motor over the next year, turning up the boost as allowed by what Ive built up. I would rather have the turbo now, and build up afterwards. But it would be more reliable for the motor to be built first. Anybody got any hookups on misc turbo parts? Brand new that is, no used stuff. I may spend about 1500 on it in a week. I need some mexico money, and savings money. So how much would you guys estimate a complete turbo kit would cost me to build? 2000+ easily, huh? Thanks a lot!

My next door neighbor saw me repainting my grill today, hes like, what ya doing. i told him, hes like, Big Stuff Today, we were joking around though. Than I told him I may be getting some nitrous, or boosting in about a week or two. He than say, Well now we can race when thats done. I was like yeah, right. He has a 750+ HP transam. I told him give me a year or so. It was funny though, hes like 45, and asked me to race, but knew he would whoop on me. I just laughed right when he said we should. As did he. Hes got such a bad**s car though, Soooooo fast, soooo clean, sooo loud. Nothing like having a supercharger.
Old 02-05-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
1) If you can get a complete RSX-S motor for under 3K then you should start buying them and selling them cuz you're getting a better deal than the rest of the world.

2) Don't put so much cash into the D17. First off you're never going to get more than 7-9 lbs in that bottom end realiably stock. Not only that i-vtec has VERY well know for having more of an effect on economy than hp. Pretty sure i-vtec is one less valve on intake if I remember correctly.

You could boost for $1500 on a stock bottom end and acheive what? 160-180 HP OR buy the cheapest K20 I've ever seen and boost up to 260+ in the future.

K20 makes sense to me.

You could fork out a slightly higher amount of money and have more horse power with a stock motor.

BTW, if you can get a complete motor THAT cheap, tell me and I'LL buy one.

Last edited by Rufus; 02-05-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2005

I dont know where to look quite yet. But basically any place that sells motors to shops, dealers, anywhere. They are wholesale. I doubt any aftermarket stuff such as mounts would be, but the axles and all that should not be full price. I know there are tons of places that do that, but not sure where to call? If you can find a place and number that does what Im talking about, let me know and I will call them for ya. I was told that they get motors for wholesale. I got a 98 200sx motor installed for 800 bucks back in 01. That seems to be pretty cheap for a perfectly fine running motor. I blew my first one, pos nissans.

I still think that the motors, mounts, ecu (hopefully on the motor, not sure what you get) axles, 6speed, and whatever else Im forgetting would be more money than 3,000. K24s are a lot more, huh? I would a love a K24 with a K20a2 head, thats really what I want to start with.

BTW, I want to save about 600-800 bucks, and pay off about 150 to people. So 2,000 is what I want to blow right now, but I can always spend more, and I get paid pretty well right now anyways.

Does somebody possibly want to try to help me put a turbo (reliable, nice stuff) together for under 2,000. Installation will be my friends (possibly anybody else who want to help), and me. And of course beer, beer, and beer. hehe

I have read a lot about keeping your car reliable with turbos, but installation is a whole other thing, and piecing one together for a good price, wouldnt be what I am capable of. I just know I dont want under 60-70 HP, I need some freakin speed. I have the slowest car of everybody I know. I still would, but I would be hanging a little more. I also want my bling to blow other peoples "racing wheels" out of the water. Nobody expects people with chrome rims to have a fast car most the time.
Old 02-05-2005
Premium Member

You sacrifice RPM's with the K24. The bigger stroke gives more torque but your redline drops. That stock K20 has plenty o torque. K24 would prob. be cheaper. It's not as highly coveted as a complete motor.
Old 02-06-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
mmmmmmmm...turbo k24, an s2000 crank to destroke it to 2.2-2.3Lwith k20 head, 6 speed type r tranny

250-300 ft lbs will do wonders in a civic.

drool
Old 02-06-2005

I have made my decision. TURBO! This should be my absolute final decision. I can always reuse some of the parts to throw it on a new engine, which will save me in the future on a whole new kit if I go swap. Imso excited. But what Im gonna do, is buy the kit next week or the week after. Than Im gonna save for new tires for 2-3 weeks, than new clutch, possible flywheel (my friend said lightened flywheels are not good w/tubo'd cars? He said the revs are too quick, expecially for rush hour or daily driving. He drives all the same places I do. Which is rush hour half the time or just plain busy, ie. camelback & 20-7th st type places. I always get off work at rush hour on the freeway)

So I will be getting the turbo (TSI kit I believe) and within a montha nd a half it should be on, with my new tires and clutch. I may even put it on before the new clutch. Save up while I fry the sh** out of my current one. If I just upgrade to say a stage 2 clutch (is that what I need, or stage 1) or does the fylwheel have to be upgraded as well? I could get the flywheel serviced and get a new clutch, that would be cheaper for now. I have to have extra money saved up at all times for whatever may happen to blow on me. (transmission probably will go a few times).

So with a turbo on my D17, which is what Imgonna do. Should I get a new clutch, but no lightened flywheel?

Rufus, if you find a place with a motor let me know, i will call them up for ya. I need to check out how cheap this would run me in the future, just dont want to call unless I have te cash in my hand ready to buy. Even if for some reason they said I am not part of the company (which they have no way to find out), I can have about 3 or 4 other people call that would be totally willing to do it for me. If you get a swap, that would be sick, we could go racing and sh**.

any opinions on TSI kit? Ive heard it is good, and Ive heard it is crap. I have seen a lot more positive responses on it, so Im figuring like the 99% of people that install turbos and DONT tune, have the probs with them. I would tune it the day of, or day after installation, I am not that stupid.
Old 02-06-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
whoop
Old 02-07-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
cool, now you can hang with type S
Old 02-07-2005
Premium Member

Don't do they flywheel, you're right about it not working with the turbo setup. However the ported and polished head I have would help a lot, you'd just need a thick headgasket.
Old 02-07-2005

If you still have it in a few months, I may get it. But for now, I need the TSI kit, New clutch, resurfaced flywheel, 2 new tires, some guages, and possibly injectors (I think the TSI kit may come with a complete fuel system though) , and tuning. It may be about a month or so until everything is complete. I will be ordering the turbo kit this week though. First thing Im getting, last thing going on.

And hell yeah, Ima be hanging and whooping on Type S's. After Im tuned I should not have any problem with them.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

motenkjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck, bro. I'm still trying to figure out if I should build and turbo the D17 or swap and turbo.
Old 02-07-2005

I figure build up my D17 get to around 3-400 Whp. (I believe it can be done). If I ever feel like swapping (when I want more power) I will just reuse some of my turbo stuff for the swap, and buy/have modified the other stuff to work.
Old 02-07-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
I figure build up my D17 get to around 3-400 Whp. (I believe it can be done). If I ever feel like swapping (when I want more power) I will just reuse some of my turbo stuff for the swap, and buy/have modified the other stuff to work.

lol. Good luck brotha.
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

02droppedex is an unknown quantity at this point
this may be a dumb question, but is it possible to put the k20a2 head on an EX block? Kinda like the old LS Vtec swaps.
Old 10-05-2006
Premium Member

Nope. Thanks for informing me that we can revive threads older than your mama now though...
Old 10-05-2006
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
lol!
Old 10-05-2006
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i actually thought chris was asking us what kind of car he should get now. lol.
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

cln_em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
out of knowhere...
Old 10-27-2006

Originally Posted by booba5185
i actually thought chris was asking us what kind of car he should get now. lol.

Beeshes! I got a new car! and it still probably owns your civics, lol. It will definately in a couple months and 10K later. Its a subaru again, non turbo, but at least has AWD. I have pics posted in the AZ part of the forum
Old 10-27-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Beeshes! I got a new car! and it still probably owns your civics, lol.
Mine is still worth 2348728354x yours
Old 11-03-2006

Originally Posted by Rufus
Mine is still worth 2348728354x yours

Gosh, idiot! Why are you so freakin mean, jeez. I hate you all!

yeah, your car is worth more like 956543494561564867546 x mine.

Acutally, with your number, your civic would be worth $3,288,219,695,600.00 You have a trillion dollar civic! dope! what a waste of money....

Civic owners with their lambos/19's/BS. Oh, and dont forget those ricers that hook up a FMIC to nothing on their Hondas. Trying to be cool, lol. Im not mentioning any names......Screw it, Dallis, remember when you had your FMIC hooked to nothing on your car? I remember mine had a turbo kit on it at that time, lol

Im so bored today. Also busy as hell, but bored.... Getting contracts signed can be boring. I put 300 miles on my car in the last 3 days from getting **** signed. Drives awesome though!
Old 11-03-2006
Premium Member

lol geesh grab your inhaler and relax. It's all a joke dood. Besides, I almost had that turbo finished by February 30th!

WOOT!!!

My intekoolerz goez nowherez!

Last edited by Rufus; 11-03-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2006

Originally Posted by Rufus
lol geesh grab your inhaler and relax. It's all a joke dood. Besides, I almost had that turbo finished by February 30th!

WOOT!!!

My intekoolerz goez nowherez!

I had an asthma attack! sorry. My pocket protector was poking me, and I freaked out, than my glasses broke , and I had an asthma attack! But I took some puffs of my "inhaler" and I feel much better

I was just messin around, it was a joke, lol. I thought it was funny!

Yeah, and Feb 31, that turbo WAS installed, LOL, haha. 31st.....