suspension shops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uberjeff is an unknown quantity at this point
suspension shops?

I finally picked up my Neuspeed sport springs and should be getting a set of Tokico Blues soon. Can anyone suggest a good shop to get them installed that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I don't know if I will be patient enough to wait for the next tech day to install them, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. If I understand correctly I should only need a rear camber kit with this setup right? Finally if anyone could suggest a good alignment shop that would be appreciated too.

Thanks for the help...
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

bkerley is an unknown quantity at this point
do it yourself....i did mine but i had done a few before but all you really need is a spring comressor which you dont really need that either...but if you are going to attempt it on your own go rent one from like checker or auto zone.
Old 02-02-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say a front camber kit over a rear camber kit. You dont want the front tires off, the rears are somewhat OK. I went 3 or 4 months with -3 camber on the rear, and it ate my tires up very quick on the inside. The front tires had a camber kit and were fine, but you would want a front one over a rear.
Old 02-02-2005
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
You should do it yourself......if you need some help let me know....I gotz a bunch of tools and even more knowledge. I live in Glendale....so hit me up.
Old 02-02-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
lol I'm still running Eibach Sportlines in the front and OEM's in the back. That damn stereo weighs too much.
Old 02-02-2005

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
^^^^^I would think with that stereo you'd want to run the stiffer spring so the back doesnt sag. I understand the system is lowering your car but it can't make for a good ride. Did you already install the eibachs in back once before?
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Tommy Tran is an unknown quantity at this point
How about tech day Saturday at my house just for Uberjeffs suspension?

#1. I have the proper tool to remove the steering arm ball joint(without destroying it)
#2. We wont need a spring compressor
#3. You shouldnt need a comber kit at all, just an alignment to make sure the toe is correct... I have just over 1degree in front and 1.8 in back and my tires wear a lil more to the inside but when the inside needs replacing the outer edge is only 1/32 or 2/32 behind in wear! I've had it this way for over 3 years!

Peace
Old 02-02-2005
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
On rule #1 you dont need a special tool, just use a hammer and hit the shock arm about 10 times MAX and it will come loose. No damage done
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by n20hcvc
On rule #1 you dont need a special tool, just use a hammer and hit the shock arm about 10 times MAX and it will come loose. No damage done
I dunno bro... I tried about 5 good whacks at the last EP I did and said F-it and got the tool. Plus its hard to get a good solid shot at the damn thing from the bottom! Either way, I can at least bring the tool if need be...

Peace
Old 02-02-2005

^^^^the man has a tool......you might as well use it.....save yourself some pain. LOL
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SIinthesky
^^^^the man has a tool......you might as well use it.....save yourself some pain. LOL
ROFL!
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Hey I appreciate the offers, and if you have all the tools Les I would enjoy learning how to do it. Unfortunately I dont' have another Saturday off until March 12th, but I'll wait until we can arrange a tech day if everyone is interested. I will supply pizza, beer, and babes (or at least 2 out of the 3).
Old 02-02-2005
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SIinthesky
lazy *** people, you have to do it the real way and use the hammer, it takes a whole 10 secs to get it off, I promise. Let me know when you guys are going to do it and I will come over right when you are ready to take off the joint and I will knock it outta thurr!

oh by the the way "uber", lowering our cars are the easiest thing to do especially once you have already done it many many times like myself.
Old 02-02-2005

olytrojan is an unknown quantity at this point
for my alignment i took my car to network alignment and brakes. there's one in mesa at 104 e main st. their phn. # is 480-649-0839 and their is one a little north of cactus on cave creek rd their # is 602-867-8061. they can also install the springs and shocks, but i don't know how much they charge.
Old 02-02-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Its about $60 for the alignment. Network is the the best though.
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by uberjeff
Hey I appreciate the offers, and if you have all the tools Les I would enjoy learning how to do it. Unfortunately I dont' have another Saturday off until March 12th, but I'll wait until we can arrange a tech day if everyone is interested. I will supply pizza, beer, and babes (or at least 2 out of the 3).
If you got a Sunday open I'm ok with that too! Either way... and what kind of babes are you talking..?

Peace
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Tommy Tran
If you got a Sunday open I'm ok with that too! Either way... and what kind of babes are you talking..?

Peace
Unfortunately I have to work every Sunday. I have Wednesdays and Saturdays off starting in March. My seniority still kinda sucks and that was the best schedule I could get with Saturday off. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off right now and it really sucks. Unless I find some gearhead babes in the next few weeks I would plan on the 2 out of 3 being the pizza and beer, but you never know. Let me know what weekend works for you.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-03-2005

Tech Day would be good. Im getting nitrous/clutch/flywheel soon. I could definately use some help installing. I am also planning on some aem pullies. So if anybody wants a tech day, that would be awesome. Ill throw down on Pizza and Beer if its a day I have all my stuff and no kids. In about 8 or 9 days, I will be buying most of that.
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Unfortunately I have to work every Sunday. I have Wednesdays and Saturdays off starting in March. My seniority still kinda sucks and that was the best schedule I could get with Saturday off. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off right now and it really sucks. Unless I find some gearhead babes in the next few weeks I would plan on the 2 out of 3 being the pizza and beer, but you never know. Let me know what weekend works for you.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hmmm well perhaps in the interest of helpin out I could work a half day on a Tuesday or Wednesday... when do you get the struts? Cause if its before this cruise(13th) I can see what we can do about getting it done before then so you can enjoy the twisties even more!!!

Peace
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Hmmm well perhaps in the interest of helpin out I could work a half day on a Tuesday or Wednesday... when do you get the struts? Cause if its before this cruise(13th) I can see what we can do about getting it done before then so you can enjoy the twisties even more!!!

Peace
I'm not in a super big hurry. I'm waiting on some funds that should be coming my way in the next week or so and by the time I get them shipped it will probably be a couple of weeks. I can wait until one of the weekends in March if that works out better for everybody. I'd love to take part some other people's projects if we can all work out the logistics. How does March 12 sound everybody?
Old 02-03-2005

that may work. The only thing is, the day I get my stuff, I will be collecting up people, possibly my friends to help me install. I am very inpatient. Especially when Ill have a 55 or 65 shot of nitrous waiting for me.
Old 02-06-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i did the install on mine by myself and i also dropped AZNRACRs sedan...let me know when you want to do it and ill help you

ive got everything that you need (jack-stands, tie-rod separater etc.)
Old 02-06-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
If I understand correctly I should only need a rear camber kit with this setup right?
im not running a camber kit on mine...no bad tire wear either

if anyone could suggest a good alignment shop that would be appreciated too.
i havent had mine aligned yet...no pull, no tire wear

if you do need a shop, call Network Alignment ($59.99)
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FALKEN
i did the install on mine by myself and i also dropped AZNRACRs sedan...let me know when you want to do it and ill help you

ive got everything that you need (jack-stands, tie-rod separater etc.)
Sounds good JT, hopefully we can work it out before the next meet on March 19. Les has got the tools too and I would really like to learn how to do this myself. I'll let you both know when I get the struts and we can try to work out the details.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

Sounds good JT, hopefully we can work it out before the next meet on March 19. Les has got the tools too and I would really like to learn how to do this myself. I'll let you both know when I get the struts and we can try to work out the details.
Glad to hear you want to learn to do it. Its reallly much more intimidating than it seems before you to it... once its done its like..., dang that was easy!

Peace
Old 02-08-2005

Originally Posted by FALKEN

if you do need a shop, call Network Alignment ($59.99)

59.99 does front and rear, camber, caster, toe, like a complete alignment??? Good deal. Mine was 70. I love the people that did mine, very cool, know what their doing, drive the car around, and double check everything. Some shops dont double check after a drive, just do it and give it to ya. It was only 60 for my last alignment, after I put the camber kit on, and they redid the fronts as well. My s*** was way off before, but I got an alignment before I drove anywhere.

Good deal though, I will call them up next time I need an alignment, with these roads it shouldnt be too long.

And when people say toe eats tires, and camber doesnt. I would say untrue. Toe does eat them much faster, but camber will definately wear your tires. I have -3 on my rears, and the right one just got eatin the F up on the inside. Totally bald, where the outer half has like 40% tread life give or take. If you have more than -2 camber, I would get a camber kit. Get a camber kit for the front regardless of if you have a rear one. The fronts should be no more than -1 for daily driving, IMO. They will get eaten up faster
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

I picked up a 19mm rear swaybar from an RSX yesterday, along with some new polyurathane bushings. I should have some Tokicos on the way buy the end of the week, and I think I'm going to grab a Neuspeed strut bar while I'm at it. I can't wait until this all comes together. My 4X4 days are getting numbered.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

I picked up a 19mm rear swaybar from an RSX yesterday, along with some new polyurathane bushings. I should have some Tokicos on the way buy the end of the week, and I think I'm going to grab a Neuspeed strut bar while I'm at it. I can't wait until this all comes together. My 4X4 days are getting numbered.

NICE! your car is gonna be a completely different animal!!! You will be flabergasted(I've always wanted to use that in a sentence!) at the amazing different... you'll ride around with a grin for days!!!

Peace
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

NICE! your car is gonna be a completely different animal!!! You will be flabergasted(I've always wanted to use that in a sentence!) at the amazing different... you'll ride around with a grin for days!!!

Peace
I hope so! With my blown struts I'm getting shaken like a martini right now. It should be quite a transformation. Good use of flabergasted by the way...
Old 02-16-2005
Civicforums Junkie

your going to think your in a different car after installing all of that

let me know if you still want help with the installs

Quick Reply: suspension shops?