Does anybody know any good speedo shops?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85356 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody know any good speedo shops?

I just bought an 04 ex cluster and Im putting it in my 04 vp and I want to know of any good speedo shops that can flash my new cluster with my old cluster miles.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
You fool, speedos went out of style in the 80's

And surely don't flash me your cluster!
Old 08-24-2004
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
...lol
Old 08-27-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
.lol
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Starfury01 is an unknown quantity at this point
What was the damage on the cluster if you don't mind my asking? I like the 04 cluster alot better than my 01.
Old 08-27-2004

alex053 will become famous soon enough
i think the milage is kept in the ecu.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Starfury01
What was the damage on the cluster if you don't mind my asking? I like the 04 cluster alot better than my 01.
Theres nothing wrong with the old cluster the vps dont come with a tach and the new ex cluster has a tach. So Im just swapping for the tach.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Starfury01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 85356
Theres nothing wrong with the old cluster the vps dont come with a tach and the new ex cluster has a tach. So Im just swapping for the tach.
Sorry for the confusion, I just wondered how much you had to pay for it. I'm thinking about buying one myself.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
sorry, but what is a vp?
Old 08-30-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Computers and electronics have injected a dose of interest and fun in automobiles and trucks that have little or nothing to do with the actual driving experience.

2004 Honda Civic DX VP

Photo/File

Specifications

Model: 2004 Honda Civic DX VP four-door sedan.
Engine: 1.7-liter four cylinder, 115 horsepower.
Transmission: Four-speed automatic.
Overall length: 14 feet 7 inches.
EPA passenger and trunk volume: 91 and 13 cubic feet.
Weight: 2,544 pounds.
EPA fuel consumption: 29 miles per gallon city, 38 highway.
Base price, including destination charge: $15,150.
Base dealer cost: $13,893.
Price as tested: $15,150.

Some cars, like the BMW 7-Series, have programmable computers with enough functions to titillate the most fervent of computer nerds and geeks. Others, like the Acura TL, have DVD-based sound systems that send audiophiles into a tizzy.

But not everybody needs, wants or can afford all of that high-tech stuff, or even some of the luxury accouterments that now have become commonplace. We hardly remember when cars did not have power windows, mirrors and locks, cruise control, remote-control locking and little niceties like map lights.

But it wasn't all that long ago when many cars did not even have what are regarded as essentials today: Air conditioning, power steering, interval windshield wipers and FM radios. Air bags, now aimed at both the front and sides of potential victims, didn't even exist a couple of decades ago.

Some of these things have become fixtures on automobiles because of government requirements. For most of the rest, their reliability and durability have improved to the point where they cause little or no worry, and their sheer numbers have driven the prices down.

Despite that, any convenience device exacts a financial penalty, which is why cars have become increasingly expensive - in some cases, too pricey to be afforded by large numbers of people who then are relegated to the used-car market.

Every so often, however, manufacturers produce cars that actually can be bought by large numbers of lower-income working people. Such a vehicle is the 2004 Honda Civic DX with the "value package."

Though you don't hear much about it, and the company doesn't spend a lot on advertising it, the Civic is a perennial best-seller in the compact family sedan class. As with almost any car these days, you can buy it with a fat load of equipment, including some of the same things you find on luxury cars.

But Honda hasn't forgotten the folks with limited income. The base DX model, with a five-speed manual gearbox, lacks virtually all of the amenities that most new-car buyers want, but it's a sturdy performer that can provide years of trouble-free motoring.

However, only a limited number of people would want to live with a car that has no air conditioning or automatic transmission, and a plain AM-FM radio.

So Honda has produced the VP version of the DX. VP stands for "value package," and it includes an automatic transmission, air conditioning, a four-speaker AM-FM stereo with a CD player, and a center console that doubles as an arm rest. With all that, the VP had a suggested sticker price of $15,150.

That's still not an insubstantial amount of money, and the VP is far from being the least expensive car on the market - those honors go to several South Korean brands - but this is a Honda, with all that implies.

One of the reasons for Honda's continuing success is that the Japanese manufacturer builds quality into every car it makes. That means that even a low-priced, somewhat stripped model like the VP has a lot of the same quality look and feel as some of its more expensive siblings.

The cloth upholstery is comfortable and seems tough enough to withstand many years of use, though on the test car it was a light beige that looked to succumb eventually to terminal soiling. Instruments were easy to read, though there's no tachometer, and the controls were where you'd expect to find them. Because of the sparse equipment, there were a number of blank spots in the instrument panel for nonexistent switches and gauges.

To anyone used to modern automotive amenities, the lack of cruise control, map lights, carpeted floor mats, power door locks, power windows and power outside mirrors comes as a bit of a chock. You have to reach around to lock and unlock the doors, and the outside mirrors adjust with tiny manual joysticks.

But once you get past that, the VP is a fine chasing-around car. The 115-horsepower, 1.7-liter engine, mated to a smooth-shifting four-speed automatic transmission, will not win many stoplight drag races. But it gets the job done and delivers 29 miles to the gallon city and 38 highway on the EPA's test cycle.

The ride is stiff; on rough surfaces sharp jolts make their way through to the backsides of the driver and passengers, so this is not a car for folks who like soft comfort. But the tight suspension system does produce decent handling on curves, though the grip is limited by the economy-oriented tires.

Despite its lack of extras, the VP does have a few compensatory items: The rear seatbacks fold down for extra cargo hauling, there's a large dead pedal to rest the left foot, and there are two vanity mirrors and a coin box.
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Starfury01
Sorry for the confusion, I just wondered how much you had to pay for it. I'm thinking about buying one myself.
I paid 80.00 bucks for it bought off ebay.