Gainesville

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Gainesville

I moved to gainesville in august 08 and haven't really found a scene i fit in with. I haven't seen anything impressive up here just some **** kicking hicks with riced out DAs and pickups. Anybody in Gainesville want to prove me wrong?
Old 06-16-2009
just a man with a civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gainesville

i havent seen many car enthusiasts in central or north FL. youll get a few groups here and there but its really big in miami.

edit: i forgot to mention, shoot over to tamparacing.com. might have more luck

Last edited by sicma99ot; 06-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

true. so is the cop and thief presence. That's what happened in Orlando too, scene got up and coming soon people's cars were getting jacked and the cops tail anyone in a civic . There's a small group in Jax and my friend here has a turboed LS EG on some heavy offsets but other than that its ricer heaven here.
Old 06-16-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

when i was in miami i could close my eyes, throw a rock and hit a ricer lmao
Old 06-17-2009
^Warranty voider

i believe it!

I went to this "meet" at the ale house on Archer rd right? Holy massive spoilers and shitty bondo work batman! This one guy was like 45 and he had a crx. And it was clean.... except for the shitty spray painted primer grey, a hood that looked like it had GINORMOUS nostrils (black widow knock off i think) 14" hubcaps eBay coilovers on stock shocks a D15b non vtec and a monster autometer gauge. he had a single box rolling aorund in the hatch with cheap green neons hooked up and wires everywhere and he was sitting on the car like he was paul walker on a 13 minute car. redic bro.

I pulled up in mine and parked a few spaces down and was just walking around with some friends just laughing (former or current honda gear heads) and we go up to this one guy with an eg coupe. He was talking mad **** about it too flat red paint in some places, orange peel econo-body paint special in others, and of course, the potato cannon. So hes like yeah i did a D16Z6 swap (why would you brag about that?!) i got a obx strut brace (which i have used before so i can't knock him for that and obx does make some decent parts) i got an APC intake (again why would you say that out loud?) i got headers (as if he had two of them) a full exhaust (which i think on ricer planet means axle back?) and hes like yeah its fast and i got that VTAK yo and other gay *** ricer idioms. Nobody had more than a single cam with i/h/e.

There is a riced out Type r too which pissed me off the guy had a clean ITR front end recaro interior the works... but they buts on these huge flaming side skirts and a massive whale tail spoiler with a huge Injen sticker on the sides. I was waiting for a sperm wale to come and start humping it. Disgusting.

There are some clean rides out here (theres a nasty turbo LS sedan i saw yesterday) my boy has a really nice EG coupe from canada (rear discs and all) like i said before another friend of mine has a slammed crv on k-sports, i got my gf into a 09 Si and i've been building it clean for her, other than that it slim pickins some nice bimmers, Zs, and VDubs. Other than that its ricers ricers and nig nogs with Ds on tha bisch
Old 06-17-2009
just a man with a civic

lol
my friend, i will +rep you
Old 06-18-2009
^Warranty voider

i used to live in temple terrace not far from brandon, and my girl hails from palm ghetto we ride through there every now and then. What's the scene like out there?
Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!

sxysweed is an unknown quantity at this point

I just moved up here from Miami, so I'm new with a Honda as well. White CRX on white slips. I'm up for a meet or get together, anytime basically. I'll be checking out the Alehouse meet thing next week.

I've seen a few clean civics and a clean (white) integra. Just rims and lowered a good bit, and muffler. Not riced. Seen quite a bit of random cars with fart cans, and a few riced out cars.

Saw a red CRX Si on what looks to be silver 17's and a Mugen-Knock Off body kit the other day around the west side of UF. If you find a nice group or put together a nice meet, I'm up for it.

Oh, and at Gainesville Raceway (North East side of town) there's Racing on Wednesdays for the general public.
Old 06-27-2009
^Warranty voider

the ale house thing is hit or miss. every now and then you see something nice but usually its local focals with saturns and mustangs. Gayyyy. You may have seen my friend andre's eg coupe. It's white on black GT3 with wicked offset and stretched tires. He's got a CF hood and 8000k HIDs. That one is an LS turbo. There is a red EG hatch in my neighborhood on Si wheels with an H22 swap. I'm riding in a red EM1 badged EJ8 on gsr hammers, my boy chris has a CRV on K sports, his is silver with a bunch of pothead decals on the rear. My neighbor is riding in a white EG coupe with a fart can and purple wheels. You might see us around. My boy daniel just got an 09 G37 sedan and we're working on getting that nice'd up and my girl is in an 09 si with pink headlights you might see her around. If you head up to the meet on thursday let me know, i'll see if some of the people I know are going and we can do a meet n greet and whatever. I just need to establish a network of people here that know what the **** they are talking about (not people who think mufflers make hp) my name is christian, if you're going let me know.
Old 06-27-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Running Riot
the ale house thing is hit or miss. every now and then you see something nice but usually its local focals with saturns and mustangs. Gayyyy. You may have seen my friend andre's eg coupe. It's white on black GT3 with wicked offset and stretched tires. He's got a CF hood and 8000k HIDs. That one is an LS turbo. There is a red EG hatch in my neighborhood on Si wheels with an H22 swap. I'm riding in a red EM1 badged EJ8 on gsr hammers, my boy chris has a CRV on K sports, his is silver with a bunch of pothead decals on the rear. My neighbor is riding in a white EG coupe with a fart can and purple wheels. You might see us around. My boy daniel just got an 09 G37 sedan and we're working on getting that nice'd up and my girl is in an 09 si with pink headlights you might see her around. If you head up to the meet on thursday let me know, i'll see if some of the people I know are going and we can do a meet n greet and whatever. I just need to establish a network of people here that know what the **** they are talking about (not people who think mufflers make hp) my name is christian, if you're going let me know.
I'm Ben.

Where is the Ale House?
I'll pretty much deffinately be going there Thursday, so I'll keep an eye out. Might go to the Lolicup meet in Orlando on Sunday, don't know yet. Probably won't.

I'lll keep my eyes open.
Old 06-27-2009
^Warranty voider

ale house is on archer rd headed towards 75 from 13th. Its on the right next to a mobil in front of the target.
Old 07-02-2009
^Warranty voider

I'm going to be there aroung 1030 or so, bringing a couple people. If it sucks at least the ale house is right there and I can get sloshed.
Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

I'm going to be there aroung 1030 or so, bringing a couple people. If it sucks at least the ale house is right there and I can get sloshed.
Sloshed?
Funny, I'm underage, so no drinking for me.
But I'll be around there at around that time.
Old 07-03-2009
^Warranty voider

**** was gay man. Again, nothing impressive, some nig nogs that know **** about cars, and some jack *** in a pony tail talking **** when he didn't even bring anything. I think it's funny how someone driving a KIA can come up in my **** and start shelling bullshit. You drive a KIA man, end yourself.
Old 07-05-2009
Registered!!

**** was gay man. Again, nothing impressive, some nig nogs that know **** about cars, and some jack *** in a pony tail talking **** when he didn't even bring anything. I think it's funny how someone driving a KIA can come up in my **** and start shelling bullshit. You drive a KIA man, end yourself.
The Mazda guys that where at Shands knew thier ****, but it was all Mazda stuff.

Kinda a lame thing. I'm no fan of the meets where you rev your engine and play loud music. I'm much more into the proper meets where you can talk to people that know things about cars about cars, mods, and random things.

I'm putting together a meet for all the CRX's from a forum I'm on in Florida for the next few months. Your welcome to come to the meets (I need a place in Tampa/Orlando, know any?), just don't bring like an army of non-crx honda's.
Old 07-07-2009
^Warranty voider

we used to meet up at the orlando air port, you pay for parking on an hourly basis, not too bad but if you go up on the roof you got a good spot to meet and theres plenty of airplane noise so you don't disturb people, usually you get no cop presence either, everyone minds their own.
Old 07-17-2009
Registered!!

Alright, thanks for the info.

If you know anyone with a clean EF or DA, there's a meet in Tampa August 16th. BBQ, food will cost about $5, prizes will be given out. I *should* be there.

Won't have my car for a good month and a half after that though, going in for paint.

Speaking of which, know anyone in the area that does good paint and body work?
Old 07-21-2009
^Warranty voider

i hate to say it but the maaco on north main does really great work if you get the base/clear. They use dupont bases clears and paints. They have a display car that they did a base/clear with three clears on it and it's clean man. I'm sure there are other shops that can do it but i haven't seen any that can beat maaco for the price.
Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

i hate to say it but the maaco on north main does really great work if you get the base/clear. They use dupont bases clears and paints. They have a display car that they did a base/clear with three clears on it and it's clean man. I'm sure there are other shops that can do it but i haven't seen any that can beat maaco for the price.
Do they do legit prep work or just spray over everything?
Old 07-22-2009
^Warranty voider

Originally Posted by sxysweed
Do they do legit prep work or just spray over everything?
it all depends on what you want to pay for. They can sand down to the primer or go all the way to the metal. It's your dime so they'll do whatever you are prepared to pay for. They'll mask windows exhausts and paint door jambs etc. Check them out though, it can't hurt to see what they got.

Old 08-22-2009
^Warranty voider

Yep. As the title says, im looking for at least 10-15 drivers out there in Florida to meet up and have a dyno day at CFT. They offer baseline and full tuning services for hondata/apexi/fields/aem units. I'm going for a baseline pull to see where I'm at power wise. Need to have at least 10 no more than 15 per group, we get special pricing and discounts on dyno pulls AND tuning.

DYNO RATES
*Please add $25 for Wide Band O2 meter.

Baseline Session

We will make two consecutive runs to establish a base line for HP & torque.
You will receive a print out of these runs.

- 3 AWD dyno pulls $75
- 3 FWD/RWD dyno pulls $50

*Additional charges may apply for vehicles that require extra work or modifications in order to be dyno-tested

1 Hour Session

We will make various runs while you can tune yourself.
You will receive a print out of these runs.

- 2WD $75
- 4WD $125

CFT DYNO TUNING

- All CFT dyno tuning packages include Dyno time & Tuning.
- We will tune your car using full capabilities of our equipment.
- Includes Wide Band O2.
- You will receive a print out of the base and final runs.
- Call for Pricing.

DYNO DAYS/CLUB DAYS

- We require a minimum of 10 cars, maximum of 15.
- Printouts will be given.
- We can provide our tuning services if requested at additional costs.

*Call for pricing.
DYNO TUNING TIME IS AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!!!

I know you people are out there so let's get something going.