Anyone from Miami?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Anyone from Miami?

Just wondering what its like to live down there?

I have an interview with Mercedes-Benz of Miami on tuesday for a technician position and if offered it, I will be moving there.
Old 07-28-2006
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
sweet. im from miami. hyaboosta is too. wheres the dealer at?
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
444 NW 165 st in miami is where the dealership is.
Old 07-28-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
yo.... i live like 5 minutes from there... thats in north miami beach. hell yeah. i live on 172nd st. and 2nd ave. small world.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

hey do me a favor if you can. drive by the dealer and tell me how big it looks. **** if you could take pics.

Also what is the area like around that area?
Old 07-28-2006
New Mod on the Block

im not at home now... im about 335 miles north in gainesville for college. but the dealer is really nice. the have white fences and stuff. its pretty damn big too. its kinda hidden. i didnt even know that it was there until a few years ago. the area is isnt too bad. its nowhere near as bad as liberty city, but isnt as good as aventura. they're really trying to develope that part of town. matter fact, they just built a super wal-mart near my old high scool and a big shopping center thing too. and best of all, the nude beach is like 4 or 5 miles away .
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

show0and2go is an unknown quantity at this point
I live In the Davie Pembroke pines area..... but I sold my em2 and bought a ep3 lol...
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

ok here is a good question. If I happen to get this job, and I will only accept it if paid $16/hr or more, is if you live in miami or surrounding areas, if you live in an apartment, how much do you pay?

I have been looking at apartments online and havent seem to find much in a decent price range yet.
Old 07-29-2006
New Mod on the Block

i honestly have no clue... my mom owns our house so i have no idea. i could ask her if you want.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

I am just trying to find something nice, but within a decent price range.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
I don't live in Miami but im like 2 minutes out of miami. I live in Pembrooke Pines

If it helps my mom buys and rents houses. I just asked her what the average rent/mortgage is and she said around $900-1600, but the market is kind of slow so you could probably find a good price somewhere

Last edited by trurace; 07-29-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

**** if I could find a house for around $800, that would be nice.
Old 07-30-2006
New Mod on the Block

pembroke pines is like 20-25 mins away from the dealership bro. its a suburb... no offense, but i hate it there. hehe. im a city boy so i cant stand neighborhoods like those. but if you like white kids trying to act like thugs and gated communities, then go for it . im sure that you can find an apt around there for cheap. im pretty sure that theres a complex right behind the dealership.
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

well what are some areas to avoid?

I am willing to spend some extra $$$ to live in a nice area. I hate coming home at night to people sitting outside all night long blaring music and what not.

I was told to avoid overtown, south miami, south miami heights, carol city, opalocka, west grove, hialeah, richmond heights, perrine, and cutler ridge.
Old 07-30-2006
New Mod on the Block

some parts of hialeah are pretty nice. the area around miami gardens drive is really nice. my mom owns a condo there. it was pretty shitty like 9 or 10 years back, but they started developing the area and now its really nice. they built a new shoping center with a publix, LA fitness, and other stuff too. a general rule of thunb in my area is the more you travel north, the nicer it gets . heres a little map to show you were the nice apartments and houses are. they're like 10 minutes from the dealership too.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

well alot of the apartments I have been looking at were around north miami.

I am trying to keep it low right now because I am not sure what kind of offer I may recieve from MB of Miami. I am wanting $17/hr to start. I wont take the job if it less then $15/hr. because I cant live off of that. And I dont want low pay because I dont want to have to live in a cheap/bad area.

well I will see how everything goes. I will be flying out in about 3 hours. God I hate early flights. its leaves at 6:50 am.

Last edited by streetglower; 07-31-2006 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
you in gville??!!!?!?!?!! im going there lol for spring semester xD
Old 07-31-2006
New Mod on the Block

nice... ur coming to UF?
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

alrigh i am in miami now, I am staying on miami beach at the beach house hotel on collins ave. went to see MB of miami this morning, it was a big busy dealership. the are 3 weeks behind in work and was given a tour of the shop. and after that I did my app and within 4 hours he called me back and will be offered a job tomorrow. now on to a place to live. I have not seen much had liked so far. I am looking at apartments tomorrow on the tip of miami beach but most areas have seen are crappy. I visted pembrooke pines and cooper city and both were nice but I found no apartments. I have also seen coral gables and kendall and those were ok but kinda far from the dealership. I also checked out aventura but it was kinda crappy.
Old 08-01-2006
New Mod on the Block

sweet. so you're moving there for sure?
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

sctlvrdl is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
**** if I could find a house for around $800, that would be nice.
Not unless you want to live in the ghetto

A VERY NICE CLEAN UPPER CLASS AREA- apartment 1/1 is about $900-1200 per month.,

I live in a middle class (a little of everything) neighborshood I have a 2/2 for $928

Miami depending on where you go will depend on what you wanna pay, you wanna live with White people or ethnic such as Hispanics/African american's/indian/haitians/asians???
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
Originally Posted by Rennen
nice... ur coming to UF?
yep going for spring semester. just trying to finish up my AA down here but if i dont o well im still going up
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sctlvrdl
Not unless you want to live in the ghetto

A VERY NICE CLEAN UPPER CLASS AREA- apartment 1/1 is about $900-1200 per month.,

I live in a middle class (a little of everything) neighborshood I have a 2/2 for $928

Miami depending on where you go will depend on what you wanna pay, you wanna live with White people or ethnic such as Hispanics/African american's/indian/haitians/asians???
Well I just got back home and I have to say from what I saw, 80% of miami is shitty. even the area MB of miami was in was shitty. I even looked at several apartments that were so shitty, I didnt even bother going inside because the outside looked so shitty.

I did find a nice place on miami beach in surfside they wanted $1000 for a studio that was reduced from $1300 so I applied but was denied because I had no rental history. whats fuked up is it only asked for residency for 2 years back. SO I gave them 2 years back.

But anyway I worked with a rent company out in pembrook pines and he found me a place out there for $900 month. Bad thing is they want $2850 to move in which I think it outrageous. So I applied for that and will now wait to here from them.
Old 08-05-2006
New Mod on the Block

$2850 to move in??? will they be moving all you **** from texas to miami? thats a LOT of money... i guess i live in a shitty area but w/e... i like it
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

DAMMMM 2850?!?!?!?!?! man they better bring ur lawn too and trees and ur car, pets, even YOU.

Last edited by AznChinksta; 08-05-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

well its in pembrook pines and most of the ones I saw were like that. they want first month rent, last month rent and a security deposit.
Old 08-05-2006
New Mod on the Block

pembroke pines is a nice area . my uncle lives there. how much did they end up offering you at the dealership? when are you going to move?
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

they asked me how much I wanted and I said $18 an hour but they offered $17 an hour so I took it. He also said they pay $.25 more per hour per ASE certification and $2 more per hour if you work the night shift till midnight. he also said everyone is working overtime now, some around 25 hours overtime a week. this shop isnt seasonal either. he said its busy 24/7, 365 days a year. Unlike houston where they offered me $12 an hour and no overtime.

Now sure when I am going to move. I am waiting to here from the dealer on my drug test results and background check to ensure I have the job. I was offered it pending the outcome of the results. If that is fine and the apartment is fine. I will be moving in on august 16th.
Old 08-05-2006
New Mod on the Block

sweet. i should be home by then. are you going to have your car there? if you do, you could come with me, pat (ruffryde009), aznchinksta and some other guy and for a little shoot.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Cool thats by me . Its going to be a hell of a drive to Miami every day. Pembrooke Pines is really nice, IMO way nicer than most places in Mami.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Miami?