Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

New Civic SI Vs. 02 my Civic Ex 5spd (sedan)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New Civic SI Vs. 02 my Civic Ex 5spd (sedan)

Well this is my first post in here cuz i don't think half these stories are true but here is my story. I'll skip what me and my friends did and go to my race. Saw a new black Civic SI with 3 ppl in it and he wanted to race my friends 01 Prelude but he didn't want to...so a couple of friends ask him to race me and we were both coo with it. Dunno what each other had at the time

First race: At light...i launched pretty badly but he was worse but i pulled on him the whole way and when we stopped and talked he said i started early so we did it again.

Second race: At light...both of us did a really good launch but my launch was better. In 1st gear we were pretty even. After we chirped going into 2nd i started pulling slowly and slowly and i just took it. I know for a fact that we hit quarter mile when we were at 80 (most civic are around there) so i flashed my hazards and ended the race. At that time i had at least 1 1/2 to 2 car lenghts on him. Ok here are my mods and his

03 Civic Si: stock wheels, 2 skinny people and one kinda chunky driver, short ram intake (no brand)

02 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd): Thermal R&D exhaust, DC header, downpipe/test pipe/ AEM intake, revo SS on stock 99 SI wheels and by myself.

Afterward we talked and got his number, he was pretty cool. Not one of those mean racers

Well here are the other races me and my friends pulled off tonight:

98 Maxima 5spd (17's) Vs. 92-96 Prelude SI 5spd (I/E): Maxima smoked it by god knows how much but i think it was a lot.
01 V6 Accord auto (I/H/E/Pulleys/test pipe, stock bald wheels) Vs. 01-02? Mustang GT 5spd: Mustang beat it by 1 1/2-2 car lenghts at 120-130 mph
93 Accord Lx (E,subs, stock wheels) Vs. 94 Accord Lx (E, subs, 17's) 94 Accord beat it around 1 car lenght i think

Overall it was a cool night

Last edited by PicCoLoboi02; 05-26-2003 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
yep ... new si's are slow ... 7th gen coupe w/ i/h/e can beat a stock si ... T_T;;;

good kill though
Old 05-26-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
That sounds like a load of crap. The Si's are way faster than our cars. I have raced them in my coupe and their 3rd gear pulls like a bitch. If you really raced a 1/4 mile he would have owned you at the top end. I can understand you getting the jump on him in first and second. That's easy because of the wieght of the cars, but once the Si gets going it pulls hard and fast.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

i was at the end of my 3rd gear when i beat so basically 80-85 mph range...and also remember there was 2 ppl plus himself in his car (he was at least 200+ lbs)...and i was by myself. Remember the fact that my car was almost fully modded and also i have all the piping underneath my car even the testpipe so my whole piping underneath is hardly restricted at all and it freakin stinks. What kinda mods do you have FlyRiceRacer02? If you want proof...another member on here saw me race

Last edited by PicCoLoboi02; 05-26-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Kevdroz is an unknown quantity at this point
I second piccoloboi02, I have race SI and they are no match(stock)
for 7th gen civic.
Old 05-26-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Wow. The guy you raced must have been a crappy driver. And yes the weight of other people does play into it. But I have an EP3 and they are not slow at all. Before I got my intake I raced a 01 EX coupe with I/H/E and stomped him. I can drive. So could the other guy. So if you want a challenge find someone with a stock EP3 that can drive and race them. I think you will be suprised. yes you do have a good amount of mods, but a stock EP3 will be able to keep up with you with a good driver.

Oh and FYI Kevdroz, the 02 and up SIs are 7th gen civics.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

AlexLx is an unknown quantity at this point
i have an 02 si.....and if ANYONE in Dallas wants to run me just let me know. I have had this car since last halloween and have yet to run into an EX 5 sp that wants to race let alone an ex 5sp. I'm curious about the quickness of the EX too. I had an lx and it was a slow dog. Someone in the dallas area needs to meet up with me, DRJ, and nrrhgreg on june 6 when we go to the denton track. Let's settle this.
Old 05-26-2003
K Motor Lover Baby!

02SilverSiHB is an unknown quantity at this point
I can actually believe you beat him. He has an 03....newer so it's most likely not broken in yet. I know that when I went to the track the first time, I was hitting 16.7's. I had about 4,000 miles on the car. A few more thousand later and a sri and header, I hit a 15.5. The ep's take forever to break in. I don't know why. There's all sorts of rumors that the ecu learns your driving habits...yada yada yada. I don't know.

Anyway, don't think you can beat all Si's now

Oh Jodster and Alex, don't sweat it guys. There's always going to be people saying they can be anything. Just a crappy driver in the Si and it wasn't broken in most likely.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

importgal is an unknown quantity at this point
yea....id say thee driver played a part in that.....ever run your civic in thee quarter mile?

regardless....nice run
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

i think it was mostly driver though...his car had around 10,000+ i can' remember...saw it when he was showing me his police scanner and other goodies. He said he just drove from the South (cali) where he's from. Most likely it was driving skills because it seemed like he didn't know much about cars. I asked him what kinda header are you getting and he said "AEM" so i didn't care to correct him or anything and kept on chatting. I originally wanted an SI too but those things are perdy expensive and insurance woulda killed me.
Old 05-26-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
my insurance is not much more that the 01 EX coupe I had. And when I had my 01 EX I paid 15,200 for it. My SI, I paid 15,700 for it. So over all my SI wasn't much more than the EX I had.
Old 05-26-2003
K Motor Lover Baby!

Originally posted by PicCoLoboi02
i think it was mostly driver though...his car had around 10,000+ i can' remember...saw it when he was showing me his police scanner and other goodies. He said he just drove from the South (cali) where he's from. Most likely it was driving skills because it seemed like he didn't know much about cars. I asked him what kinda header are you getting and he said "AEM" so i didn't care to correct him or anything and kept on chatting. I originally wanted an SI too but those things are perdy expensive and insurance woulda killed me.
LOL! that's funny, only thing I've seen AEM do with exhaust type of stuff, is an actual cat-back exhaust, but they don't make that anymore.
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
after seeing piccoloboi's race last night...im glad i didn't trade my Accord in for a SI.
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

NcSpecv81 is an unknown quantity at this point
ide say the drivers and passengers played a roll in that one...unsprung weight kills!
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely driver/weight were an issue. I used to have an 01 LX 5spd. I had your basic bolt-ons - pulleys, i/h/e. I then went and test drove an Si. I noticed a difference in power right away. It was easy to tell that the Si pulled better and was definitely quicker. It sort of made me mad that I had put all this money into my lx, and then drove a car that supposedly could barely hang with an EX. Definitely not the case. With equal drivers/weight an EX with basic bolt-ons is no match for the new Si. Oh yeah, I drive an 03 Si now.
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

rgGolf4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I dragged my firends EX with my 02 Si...at a racetrack. I totally and absolutley killed him. Some background....I bought the Si in Dec, my first stick...it was my first race too. My friend is on his 3rd or 4th stick and 2nd Civic. He has DC header, SRI, and DC exhaust...I am all stock other than a CAI.

First run, we both blew the launch but I still beat him by half a second...2nd race I beat him by 2 seconds...thats pretty bad in my book. He didn't bother with a third. Si's may not be Type Rs, but there quick for what they are....a CIVIC! All the haters are jealous that they're "prettier" Civic doesn't have ***** and the "minivan" blows the doors off it.
Old 05-27-2003
Tempus Fugit

hyperhonda2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey i can vouch for the civic ex, i have a VTI sedan and dang it is very fast i eat thos si's like nothin all the way through.
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Hahaha....no way are you gonna smoke an SI in your civic ex.
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was behind them when they raced so i saw piccoloboi beat him. However...i think the main reason why he beat him is because the SI driver can't drive and piccoloboi can. Another factor is that the SI had two extra ppl in the car. So the car is well over 3000 pounds. Shieeet...just think about it...a 3000lb car with 160hp is not gonna pull well....
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

SaiyanMatador is an unknown quantity at this point
are the trolls lurking again
eric
Old 05-28-2003
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Congradulations..............you beat a bad driver.
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

94civicsedan is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe the si driver was getting used to the shifter but like up on the dash lol.
Old 05-28-2003
Registered!!

VtecDude is an unknown quantity at this point
My god sedan's are not that slow... You all act like they Toyota Camrys...

Give the guy a break. Nice kill...
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

ssvr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
What times do you run at the track?

Steve
Old 05-29-2003
K Motor Lover Baby!

Just to give some of you an idea how bad some Si drivers are...I saw one guy driving his si wiht 10,000 miles on it. It was his first time at the track. He was hitting 16.7's and 17.0! He was stock. It's crazy how bad a driver can be sometimes, but if they are just getting into all of this, they don't know how to launch a car correctly or shift at the right points. So if this guy in the si is like the one I saw, and has 2 extra people, I can definitely believe the Si could have lost.
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

2k2_nbp_egg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by hyperhonda2k2
Hey i can vouch for the civic ex, i have a VTI sedan and dang it is very fast i eat thos si's like nothin all the way through.
You have a low 16 second car stock, and this is a high 15 second car stock. I know that there are freak runs every now and then, like maybe a stock 7th gen EX running a 15.9 or 15.8....but there's also freak runs of stock Si's running 15.4's, and 15.6's, so trust me, there's at least a half a second difference in our cars. I don't see how a low 16 second car can eat a high 15 second car every time? If you run into bad drivers then it's understandable, but everytime? Gimme a break.
Old 05-29-2003
K Motor Lover Baby!

Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
I don't see how a low 16 second car can eat a high 15 second car every time? If you run into bad drivers then it's understandable, bu everytime? Gimme a break.
exactly! they think one kill against a Si is a kill all over the world
Old 05-29-2003
Post Whore General

That is true. Just because you beat one, doesn't mean you can beat them all. Otherwise, good kill.
Old 05-30-2003
Registered!!

AlexLx is an unknown quantity at this point
hopefully hypnotize7thgen will come up with us to the denton track, btw 02silversiHB, Im !@#$% on ephatch.
Old 06-02-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
jesus everybody here is a mag racer it seems like

Quick Reply: New Civic SI Vs. 02 my Civic Ex 5spd (sedan)