Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

My first race with my new 2003 ex 2dr

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003
All show!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
My first race with my new 2003 ex 2dr

Well it's not such a "to be proud of" race but hey, it's still a race.

I was just driving to a party tonight when I saw a black maxima (the generation before the newest ones)trying to line up with me then looked at me and took off, so I downshifted to 3rd gear and floored it. I was passing him and saw him in my passenger side mirror at the end of 4th gear.

Then finally! We get to a red light and was very anxious to go for it cause I don't know anything about maxima's and wanna know how I do. I lined up with the maxima, both looked at each other and then the light. (Both cars had 3 people) So I dropped my clutch at 4rpm and my tires was flipping out for a second and he was about up to my back window, shifted to 2nd gear and the tires screech again(OMG that was so cool) and he went bye bye!!!

This is my first attempt of racing with my new car and it was great!!!! Oh and the party was bombing too =)
Old 03-23-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
good for u.. but ALWAYS leave a large margin of SAFETY cause u dont wanna wreck ur new car, or injur anyone
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, i didnt know we could beat the maximas!
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
It makes no sense to drop your clutch. You could get far better launches if you rev it about that high (or a lil' lower) and ease off the clutch without any wheelspin. Try it.

Same thing with going into 2nd... if you chrip 2nd, your tires lose traction for that short moment which could put you behind if you were going against a car that offered more competition. If you were on a drag strip, that could cost you about .1 - .2 seconds.

Just a suggestion. Nice kill.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
lol looks like our civic aint that bad after all...lol
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

PRCIVIC2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, the maxima would have killed you. he must have not known how to shift or there was someone in the car that weighed a couple thousand lbs.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

NcSpecv81 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol wtf? was the maxima just normally driving?
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by PRCIVIC2001
lol, the maxima would have killed you. he must have not known how to shift or there was someone in the car that weighed a couple thousand lbs.
not true man
I have raced two of those maxima before...and I kept up with both of them, almost nose to nose...
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

7gen03 is an unknown quantity at this point
good thing you know how to drive......... chirping the tires in a race.

LOSS OF TRACTION=loss of time and speed.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
is your new civic stock? 255 hp vs 127hp....weird. mabey it was an automatic or something. i can beat lots of cars that are autos... but then again if you think about it maximas werent usually meant for racing, more like a family sedan or something. i dont know, im just talking out of my head.
Old 03-23-2003
b y r o n : t i b u r o n

b y r o n is an unknown quantity at this point
i would've thought the maxima would win... even if it was the generation before... don't they have like two hundred something hp? oh yeah and it's rear wheel?
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Evilmysts- I bet you the maxima wasn't even racing you....i seen what a maxima can do to a 7gen civic.. My friend has a maxima while another friend has a 7gen civic. No way my 7gen civic friend can even keep up with the maxima.

Almost all Maximas are FRONTwheel drive. However, there was a special edition one(only 20 in the US) that HAD rear wheel drive.

For the person who said he was neck to neck with one...what the hell are you smoking?? shiet...a 4gen Maxima...the 95-99 ones can run(the fastest i seen STOCK) 15.1 in the 1/4 mile. The fastest auto i seen ran a 15.6...either way you're smoked. No way a stock civic can even come near those times. I highly doubt a modded civic can too...unless you have F/I.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

MaxOwner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by J30A1
Evilmysts- I bet you the maxima wasn't even racing you....i seen what a maxima can do to a 7gen civic.. My friend has a maxima while another friend has a 7gen civic. No way my 7gen civic friend can even keep up with the maxima.

Almost all Maximas are FRONTwheel drive. However, there was a special edition one(only 20 in the US) that HAD rear wheel drive.

For the person who said he was neck to neck with one...what the hell are you smoking?? shiet...a 4gen Maxima...the 95-99 ones can run(the fastest i seen STOCK) 15.1 in the 1/4 mile. The fastest auto i seen ran a 15.6...either way you're smoked. No way a stock civic can even come near those times. I highly doubt a modded civic can too...unless you have F/I.
maxima's havn't been RWD since mid 1980's
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

I thought someone on max.org imported one from Aust? Something about it had turbo and ran a pretty fast 1/4 time. I didn't believe it at first until i read the thread my Maxima friend showed me...Too bad i can't dig it up because the search engine on your site don't work anymore...
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

I thought someone on max.org imported one from Aust? Something about it had turbo and ran a pretty fast 1/4 time. I didn't believe it at first until i read the thread my Maxima friend showed me...Too bad i can't dig it up because the search engine on your site don't work anymore...
it works.. you just gotta donate till the servers are upgraded..then search is back on for everyone

as far as a turbo one from austrialia thats RWD? not on maxima.org that was posted.. sorry..

anyway.. maxima's are called cefiro's in japan.. those are RWD and are turbo'd.. however the maxima in Aussie.. UK... Middle East.. all those cars are FWD and N/A
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Well...where ever that maxima came from..a few friends and i saw that thread on the org. I for one was laughing until i read the thread. Unless you're telling me that the org is full of lies... my friends and i did not read that thread wrong.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Well...where ever that maxima came from..a few friends and i saw that thread on the org. I for one was laughing until i read the thread. Unless you're telling me that the org is full of lies... my friends and i did not read that thread wrong.

was the car silver?
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

i believe the car was blk.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

i believe the car was blk.
ok.. never heard or seen it.. sorry
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Nealoc187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Dr5D
nice, i didnt know we could beat the maximas!
Oh yeah, it's easy... they are all slow.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Nealoc187 is an unknown quantity at this point
BTW no, there are no RWD maximas since the 1st gen 81-84 Maximas, unless someone was stupid enough to waste their money on a conversion to RWD. The thread you read was either a joke or just BS.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

symmetry is an unknown quantity at this point
now I remember why I don't post here. Cause no matter who I race, there's always haters. I could race a corvette w/ a blown motor, the brakes are locked up, and there's no driver, and even though it was with a civic that had a k20 swap, NOS, and the biggest freakin turbo custom built, I'd have 20 people all over my butt saying I wasn't safe and it's impossible for my civic to beat a corvette.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by symmetry
now I remember why I don't post here. Cause no matter who I race, there's always haters. I could race a corvette w/ a blown motor, the brakes are locked up, and there's no driver, and even though it was with a civic that had a k20 swap, NOS, and the biggest freakin turbo custom built, I'd have 20 people all over my butt saying I wasn't safe and it's impossible for my civic to beat a corvette.
its ok big guy.. don't let it get to you.. everyone gets the same ****.. we get it from Mustang and F Body Owners all time.. its just how the food chain is.. the higher up's on the food chain always put down the ones under them.

always someone faster.. those corvette owners get sh!tted on by single turbo supra owners all the time...
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

KINGMAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My first race with my new 2003 ex 2dr

Originally posted by EviLMyStS
Well it's not such a "to be proud of" race but hey, it's still a race.

I was just driving to a party tonight when I saw a black maxima (the generation before the newest ones)trying to line up with me then looked at me and took off, so I downshifted to 3rd gear and floored it. I was passing him and saw him in my passenger side mirror at the end of 4th gear.

Then finally! We get to a red light and was very anxious to go for it cause I don't know anything about maxima's and wanna know how I do. I lined up with the maxima, both looked at each other and then the light. (Both cars had 3 people) So I dropped my clutch at 4rpm and my tires was flipping out for a second and he was about up to my back window, shifted to 2nd gear and the tires screech again(OMG that was so cool) and he went bye bye!!!

This is my first attempt of racing with my new car and it was great!!!! Oh and the party was bombing too =)

:zbsflag: that guy must have had his e-brake all the way up or something. Or you THOUGHT the guy was racing. It would break your heart to see what my 4th gen max runs w/ just a cone filter instead of my stock airbox, I can run similar times w/ the airbox=STOCK(the cone filter gives me a 1/2 tenth if that).
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

since my sig isn't showing I ran a 14.69@93mph. Sorry kid.
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

ahh, theres the sig, take a look at the timeslip my friend.
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
lock this before it gets outta hand S2000
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

Also, keep the racing to the track, street racing is illegal and will get you killed.
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally posted by KINGMAX
Also, keep the racing to the track, street racing is illegal and will get you killed.
agreed...let's not try to start a bad drift between the two forums
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by PicCoLoboi02
agreed...let's not try to start a bad drift between the two forums

good call

Quick Reply: My first race with my new 2003 ex 2dr