Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

srt vs wrx vs talon video

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PatrickB is an unknown quantity at this point
and those races the car looked slow as s**t. and that talon was slow. it was probably a t25 power 4g63. those are teh slow.
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: PatrickB
and those races the car looked slow as s**t. and that talon was slow. it was probably a t25 power 4g63. those are teh slow.[hr]
hey the fact that a neon srt with 3 people hung with one is pretty good for stock [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: dragoon
and those races the car looked slow as s**t. and that talon was slow. it was probably a t25 power 4g63. those are teh slow.[hr]
hey the fact that a neon srt with 3 people hung with one is pretty good for stock [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][hr]

i guess.. it hung with slow cars stock. doesn mean anything to me
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01
Don't presume to tell me what I don't like.....

Actually, I like sunfires, especially the new ones, (though I've had a few encounters with some ricer sunfires) and mustangs. I really LIKE the current gen mustang. I do not like neons, cuz they're ugly IMO, and I don't like the focus because of most recalls evAr. Though the SVT isn't too shabby. Regardless of what I do and don't like, that doesn't mean I think my car is "superior" to everything. You're making an irrational generalization.

By the way.. in your quote of me... cute move removing the "NOT" out of "we're not morons". Keep that kinda flaming up and see where it gets you.[hr]
I was just kiddin about the not thing in morons...I know most of yall know your shi# but I was not telling you what you like or don't like I was just saying in general that those cars are the ones that get the most heat around here.

Im not trying to start any fights or to **** anyone off, Im just saying that everybody, well almost everybody loves their car and is going to stand by it, but that does'nt give them the right to crack on everybody elses car just cause its a ford or just cause its a chevy, or if that think its rice or not. People build their cars with big wings and graphics and lots of stickers everywhere because they like it.

So "Can't we all just get along"
Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Neonmike is an unknown quantity at this point
i suppose u have a turbo car?[hr]
Yeah, an '86 shelby charger with about 170k on the original engine.

Old 03-02-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... theres a supprise

1/2 of the replies consist of "I don’t care how fast it is its still a NEON!"

and

"Well it’s still a domestic, it will break down and fall apart!"

I would not be surprised of some of you lived as small rodents who follow each other over cliffs to their death in a past life.

Misinformation, bias and stupidity combine to make one sorry specimen of ricer.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

mrmixitup is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, you should do your homework before making stupid assumptions. The Talon had a MBC and some other work done. It definitely was not slow.

I had to register over here just to address all the stupid comments about "it's still a Neon" and other s**t.

Yea, it's a Neon. And all of you just drive a Civic. I also used to drive a Sentra. Remember that.

You guys might wanna check your rides before you start giving Neons s**t.

I can see why you guys all have sand in your vaginas. Not like Honda is going to be providing their customers with a boosted car anytime soon.

Looks like you'll just continue to get smoked by a car that's superior to yours in every way.........and it's a Neon?????......................
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
You cant win on that one.

"Well.. it sucks because its JUST a Neon!"

Yea, but you own a damn civic, thats pretty ironic.

"Well... but... my civic will last WAY longer then that dumbestic crap pile, and my interior is made better.. and my resale value will be better and..."

*sits back and waits for something allong those lines to be uttered*

who needs Miss Cleo?
Old 03-03-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Well... arguably... it IS STILL A NEON. AS I said... I can slap a turbo on a shopping cart full of dog sh*t, but that doens't make it any better.... just faster.

Neons aren't exactly largely known cars for the "tuner" and younger crowd, ricers or not. Honda has a much larger aftermarket support than the current neon, and there are just too many cars better than the previous neons. So it seems dodge has a fast car, but that's it. Neons aren't exactly "hot style" or "cool" cars in today's market. Maybe dodge can change that with the SRT-4, but then again... now they are turbo charging the cavalier and sunfire from the factory..... so. ??? I just think it's too little, too late. They should have built a new car, rather than try and turbo charge an existing platform that is dying and fading away.

Forget all the "this lasts longer, and this has better resale crap". It's simple fact of the matter that if you take today's tuner or sport compact crowd and go "civic or neon" most will choose the civic. (pre-SRT4 that is)
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

I suppose having the Neon (not being "well known" as you put it in the performance crowd, although I argue that point citing the fact that the Neon ACR owned its class in SCCA Auto-X and that there are almost as many 10 second neons as there are civics, but NOT needing engine swaps to do so) and making it a tuners dream (fast out of the box, and dirt cheap with exponential tuning ability) is better then building up a fan base such as Honda did with the civic over the past 10 years in said market only to pussify it like it did with the 7th gens.

Also, that does not reply to you since, obviously, you drive an S2000.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01
Well... arguably... it IS STILL A NEON. AS I said... I can slap a turbo on a shopping cart full of dog sh*t, but that doens't make it any better.... just faster.

Neons aren't exactly largely known cars for the "tuner" and younger crowd, ricers or not. Honda has a much larger aftermarket support than the current neon, and there are just too many cars better than the previous neons. So it seems dodge has a fast car, but that's it. Neons aren't exactly "hot style" or "cool" cars in today's market. Maybe dodge can change that with the SRT-4, but then again... now they are turbo charging the cavalier and sunfire from the factory..... so. ??? I just think it's too little, too late. They should have built a new car, rather than try and turbo charge an existing platform that is dying and fading away.

Forget all the "this lasts longer, and this has better resale crap". It's simple fact of the matter that if you take today's tuner or sport compact crowd and go "civic or neon" most will choose the civic. (pre-SRT4 that is)[hr]
If you did your homework you would know that the SRT-4 shares extremely little with a base Neon. It's got a different engine, transmission, suspension, wheels, tires, seats, steering, brakes...do you want me to continue?

Mopar is going to release factory turbo upgrades, injectors, ECUs, exhaust systems, sensors, coilovers, and more which will be able to be installed all with a factory 70k mile warranty still intact.

You are also comparing another company's boosted cars (Cavalier and Sunfire) to Dodge's SRT-4. That's pretty stupid and yet another worthless assumption to add to the 50 others in this thread.

It's not too little too late. It's the perfect time. Now is the time of the sport compact, and Dodge is leading the way with this car. No other car made this year will come close to touching it in value/performance ratio.

Old 03-03-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
no other car? really... they expect the turbo cavalier/sunfire to be out by year's end. and why is it stupid to compare another company's sport compacts to the srt4? or the neon?

on top of that, yeah it has different this that, etc, etc.... but it still looks like a neon. take off the spoiler and the hood scoop, and it looks like a neon or neon SXT. it's still a neon and it looks like a neon, regardless of how much stuff they changed on it.

You need to understand what I'm saying. As great a deal as this may be, and as great a value as this brings.... it won't do as well as it would have if dodge had builit a new car. as I said, the neon isn't exactly "hot" in the looks department for a lot of people. it's not something people exactly consider a "cool" car. fast doesn't make a car great. Yes it's got great mod potential, yes it is a good value. but you need to change it to something other than a neon. as indicated by many on this sites, as well as plenty others I visit, people just don't like the looks of the neon. not everybody, but most.

for those that like it, go for it. whatever floats your boat. but it just falls short in looks and "style" for a lot of people. but i suppose that works out anyways right? since dodge is only making so many anyways.
Old 03-03-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: Jhonda
Does anyone that has a civic like anything but what honda makes...or do all of you think your civic with 127 hp and 108 in tq is superior to everything. sorry just venting I use to own one and put $4600 worth of performance mods on it and it was still slow.[hr]
Most people who own 7th gens get they vehicle and mod it for looks, since its slow as ****.....Since the neon, looks like a neon the only comeback they have is, "it still looks like a neon" ... which is does...but since the neon is far superior in performance than the 7th gen, what else can they say? I give credit to Dodge for putting out a turbo powered car...something Honda needs to possibly look at and do ....
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: mrmixitup

Actually, you should do your homework before making stupid assumptions. The Talon had a MBC and some other work done. It definitely was not slow.

I had to register over here just to address all the stupid comments about "it's still a Neon" and other s**t.

Yea, it's a Neon. And all of you just drive a Civic. I also used to drive a Sentra. Remember that.

You guys might wanna check your rides before you start giving Neons s**t.

I can see why you guys all have sand in your vaginas. Not like Honda is going to be providing their customers with a boosted car anytime soon.

Looks like you'll just continue to get smoked by a car that's superior to yours in every way.........and it's a Neon?????......................[hr]
I will smoke the s**t out of a neon srt-4 period. and yes the talon was slow.. a MBC don't mean s**t on a t25 there pertty much blowing hot air after the stock 12psi u can get maybe 16psi maybe 15 is the average. I know more about dsm then u know your collected knowledge of all cars you have ever owned. don't argue with me over a talon. I garrantee that talon was a mid 14 second car if it was a awd slower if it was a fwd.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

facts about a neon... no lsd tranny with that much power... a small turbo.. they claim its a 16g but its a small 16g slapped into a td04 housing which doesn't flow that well. If anyone I know ever buys one of these I will take a video of my racing it. Then you will see just how slow they really are. Hell I don't hate them, but please get off there nuts. I also will take bets that beefmans, n2o powered civic will get it.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, the SRT looks better than the 7th gen civic sedan. The 2k1-2k3 sedans look like teh sh|ts. Really.
Old 03-03-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: n00dleboy
Honestly, the SRT looks better than the 7th gen civic sedan. The 2k1-2k3 sedans look like teh sh|ts. Really.[hr]
I think its one of those cars that the more you see it the more you'll like the looks of it ..... the only thing that I dislike about the SRT is the headlights ... other than that, the hood, front bumper and wing i could live with ...dual exhaust looks good - interior as well from what I've seen...... I didn't like the looks of my car when I first went to test drive, but the more I saw it the more I liked it
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

I will smoke the s**t out of a neon srt-4 period. Then you will see just how slow they really are. [hr]
So low 14s with 100ish trap speeds is slow?

Just wondering what you're driving. kthanksbye
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

ya thats slow. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] i drive a 89 mirage
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

89 Mirage and the SRT is basically the same. POS look/design frames with a done up engine and a slap on turbo.
Albeit the mirage is a lot more done up, but similar.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

89 Mirage and the SRT is basically the same. POS look/design frames with a done up engine and a slap on turbo.
Albeit the mirage is a lot more done up, but similar.[hr]
maybe looks.. but not design.. the original 4g61t is a very stout engine. before mine was swapped it had 200k miles on it. and really nothing wrong with it.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

screaminDOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
This is all ridiculous...

I think the S2kboy is butthurt that the POS UGLY neon is as fast as his car...and only cost 10k less....

Start comparing apples to apples. Not a FWD econobox to a RWD 'Sports' car...

Personally, I'd much rather have a motor (SRT) that makes it's power in a more usable RPM...I hated the fact that I had to rag the living **** out of my Civic to make it go anywhere...WTF is the point in shifting at 7200 ALL THE TIME in order to feel like your making headway...

:-/
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

maybe looks.. but not design.. the original 4g61t is a very stout engine. before mine was swapped it had 200k miles on it. and really nothing wrong with it.[hr]
Tho i do give you mad props for doing all the engine work yourself than them 17 yr'olds that have them parents buy'em an SRT-4 and then they think they know s**t about cars.
Old 03-03-2003
O RLY

[hr]Originally posted by: screaminDOHC
This is all ridiculous...

I think the S2kboy is butthurt that the POS UGLY neon is as fast as his car...and only cost 10k less....

Start comparing apples to apples. Not a FWD econobox to a RWD 'Sports' car...

Personally, I'd much rather have a motor (SRT) that makes it's power in a more usable RPM...I hated the fact that I had to rag the living **** out of my Civic to make it go anywhere...WTF is the point in shifting at 7200 ALL THE TIME in order to feel like your making headway...

:-/[hr]
Oh gee yes. Cuz the neon scares me. Think I give a rat's butt if it's close to the straightline speed of my car? whoopie.. i'll still hand it it's tail in auto X or roadcourse. At the end of the day I still drive a 2-seater, RWD, convertible. At the end of the day the SRT-4 is a neon. Again, fast does not make a good car. And price..... I dont' care if a car costs 10 grand and runs 10's. People buy what they friggin want to buy that's in their price range. Remember, when looking for a ROADSTER, a neon isn't one of the choices out there.

And yes, continue to flame me with personal attacks and see where you go.
Old 03-03-2003
Registered!!

Crossposted from another thread:

Just wait until all the ricers on neons.org show up with their stage 27 mopar turbo upgrades under the factory warranty! You'll be in real trouble then as the hordes of 10 and 9 second neons attack. And they'll totally whip you around the autox once they get their ACR suspension... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-03-2003
O RLY

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Vid
Old 03-06-2003
*Sparks*

bumdup is an unknown quantity at this point
ok ok all i see is the fugging neon. but where's the wrx and the talon?
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

Friedrice is an unknown quantity at this point
video taken from in the wrx, second race the talon is to the right of the neon
Old 03-07-2003
Registered!!

maybe looks.. but not design.. the original 4g61t is a very stout engine. before mine was swapped it had 200k miles on it. and really nothing wrong with it.[hr]
Tho i do give you mad props for doing all the engine work yourself than them 17 yr'olds that have them parents buy'em an SRT-4 and then they think they know s**t about cars.[hr]

Wow, you just continue to bury yourself with your stupid comments. What do you drive again? And what makes you assume I'm 17? Oh, and you don't want to test my car knowledge, believe me.

So my car has a done-up engine and slap-on turbo, huh? Do you realize in that stupid f*****g comment you just made, that you descirbed practically every sport compact made over the past 10 years?

You are ignorant. End yourself quickly, and spare us all the embarrasment.

Quick Reply: srt vs wrx vs talon video