Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Anyone get the number of that vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Anyone get the number of that vehicle?

Everyone who knows me knows that I usually drive pretty fast down the road. Especially when I am going to work at midnight and no one else is on the road. So I am going down I-526 at about 95 MPH when all of a sudden I see these bright white lights behind me. I was like holy $hit, someone is actually catching up to me. I no time they were next to me and gone. I have never see a car go by me so fast. It was going so fast that I could barely make out what it was.

I was a blue Lamborghini Diablo!!! That car must have been going at least 150 MPH. Probably more. There was no way I was gonna be able to catch it. He was in my rearview and gone in the distance in less than 3 seconds. I was dumbfound. It's like he passed me as if I was standing still.

I know the guy who owns it. He runs European Motorsports down here. He is a really cool guy. He has 4 kids, a wife, and he can still own a Diablo and a Ferrari.

Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

PatrickB is an unknown quantity at this point
cool story a diablo owner with the ***** to drive it like it was ment to be sweet car!
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
It's interesting that you should say that Pat, cuz around here or most of the places you see
econo boxes driving like they're race cars, and REAL sports cars driving like they're grannied
or econo boxes.
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

PatrickB is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: n00dleboy
It's interesting that you should say that Pat, cuz around here or most of the places you see
econo boxes driving like they're race cars, and REAL sports cars driving like they're grannied
or econo boxes.[hr]
its the same way here.. for the most part my daily commute i drive my econo box like an econo box. if i see someone that i think might want to run them I become more agressive but for the most part.. i drive it as slow as it looks and most ppl are probably unawaire what it is. Also when ur in the mirage and u give it gas most ppl jaw drops and they have this weird WTF look on there face.
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

spike is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, everyone around here drives like they bought the wrong car. That also includes me because I floor it all the time, but nothing happens.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I know a couple guys that own Corvettes, Saleen's, etc. They never ever drive the car the way I think it was supposed to be driven, and they get terrible gas mileage. (sorry about spelling, it's too early)
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

Ha0sVtecEX is an unknown quantity at this point
ohh damn ,, i wish i was owned by a lamborgini or ferrari ,,,
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02

I know the guy who owns it. He runs European Motorsports down here. He is a really cool guy. He has 4 kids, a wife, and he can still own a Diablo and a Ferrari. [hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] What kind of underwear does this guy wear????
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
He must really not give a crap about his 4 kids, OR the wife to be driving that fast on a public road.

Its nice to have that kind of power but since he passed you, the road was obviously NOT empty.....

This guy proves just cuz you have loads of cash doesnt make you smart.
Old 02-28-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: DIZZLE

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] What kind of underwear does this guy wear????[hr]
I taught his youngest kid swimming lessons actually. So I do know a lot about him and his family.

Old 02-28-2003

[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1
He must really not give a crap about his 4 kids, OR the wife to be driving that fast on a public road.

Its nice to have that kind of power but since he passed you, the road was obviously NOT empty.....

This guy proves just cuz you have loads of cash doesnt make you smart.[hr]
You can also get in an accident and die if you were going the speed limit and had your seatbelt on. So maybe he should lock himself up in a sealed off room so that nothing could hurt him.

If you've got the power, why not use it? Drive it like you stole it. The road was empty except for him and I. I wasn't mad that he flew by me. I didn't feel scared. I would have probably been doing the same thing if I had that car.

Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
or econo boxes.[hr]
That's because the people that own "REAL" sports cars aren't morons.
Old 03-01-2003
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: PESTLNC
or econo boxes.[hr]
That's because the people that own "REAL" sports cars aren't morons. [/q

Uhhh Yeah they are. Just because you got the money doesn't mean you got the brain
Old 03-01-2003
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: 01SOHCcivic
[hr]Originally posted by: PESTLNC
or econo boxes.[hr]
That's because the people that own "REAL" sports cars aren't morons. [/q

Uhhh Yeah they are. Just because you got the money doesn't mean you got the brain[hr]

And if you spent 150,000-200,000 on a set of wheels i don't think you would beat on it either
Old 03-01-2003

[hr]Originally posted by: ViNRoCk8

And if you spent 150,000-200,000 on a set of wheels i don't think you would beat on it either
[hr]
If I was going to spend that much money on a SPORTS CAR with no intention of using it like that, then that would make me pretty retarded when I could save that money to buy a nice mini-van with airbags, abs, and every other safety feature on it.

He does have brains. He bought it as he intended to use it. I used to own a yellow 1994 diablo. It was actually featured in Car & Driver last year in a story about the Cannonball run that he took it on. The picture showed him doing a drift down a dirt road kicking up a huge cloud of dust. This guy knows exactly what he is doing.

Old 03-01-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Thats sweet. Mario Andretti was driving nuts the one day in his Lambo and passed me like I was still too
Old 03-03-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish i would get passed by a diablo, it would be a dream come true [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
lol i wish i could beat a diablo with my civic...that would be on the same level of godleyness like christs second appearance on earth or something.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

kennisonxgs is an unknown quantity at this point
I beat two Vipers. Both a RT/10 and a GTS. I had no intention of racing, but it just turns out that I pass them while going 80 and they were going like 70. I win! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
But then I slowed down and follow them after I noticed they were Vipers to look.
Old 03-06-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
s**t you musta had your music up. did you hear him coming? that woulda been the nicest motor to listen to at that speed and rpm. god i woulda had to pull over and s**t a brick if i was in your car.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

txtadik is an unknown quantity at this point
but no matter how smart and good of a driver that guy is, a car could've swerved his lane and BOOM! or his tire could've blown out... or a pothole in the road... could've sent him flying and at 150mph, there's close to zero chance of surviving a crash... it would be ugly... way too many risks driving that fast...

i totally agree with the part about buying a sportscar and using it to its full potential, but why do it on the streets where you're putting others at risk? sportscar + pushing it to it's limits = should be done only on the track
Old 03-06-2003

[hr]Originally posted by: AR
s**t you musta had your music up. did you hear him coming? that woulda been the nicest motor to listen to at that speed and rpm. god i woulda had to pull over and s**t a brick if i was in your car.[hr]
I had my music at a comfortable listening level and I had my windows cracked. It happened so fast. Once he got by me, I could hear his engine for hundreds of yards.

Old 03-06-2003
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope to get own3d by an exotic sports car

and someday, i hope to start doing some own3ing of exotic sports cars myself