Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

SERIOUSLY!! 7th gens civics are NOT fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
"Bloodsport" haha that pic is great.......i remember that movie[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
This is going to be good. No one lock this until he redeems himself. Let's keep the flames to an absolute minimum in the meantime....
Old 02-06-2003
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
At least our 7th gens chassis' are not a deathtrap like the 6th gen chassis, not to mention the #1 spot in the IIHS offset test, and double 5-star rating at NHTSA. I'd rather have a 7th gen than a 6th gen piece of crap. HATE, AND YOU WILL BE HATED ON!

I'm sure you can see the improvement Honda made on the 7th gen. Look at that weaksauce chassis on the 6th gen!
Old 02-06-2003
Just Be

By the way, look at the LS430. IMO, safest car in the world. Highest standards of engineering!

look how even the lexus name plate and all parts remain perfectly intact. no tolerance for movement on any part of the chassis
Old 02-06-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: B18boosted
HAHA good luck with the K20 its hard to make power out of that motor. Sponsered huh must be nice to have everything given to you. If you read my last post you will see that i did offer to tell people what i know. Im sure 90 percent of the people here cant tell me in detail what valve float is or TDC OR BDC or WHAT VTEC does.lets all have a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] and have fun. CANT WE ALL GET ALONG[hr]
As previously stated, top dead center, bottom dead center, I think we know what VTEC does. And valve float is what occurs, often at high rpm, whent the valve doesn't completely seal the combustion chamber during it's closed cycle. Now that we've proven absolutely nothing, I think Joe has already said all that I would have said.

A 300WHP B18 turbo'd civic should run 12 flat easily. However, you don't have what you claim, otherwise you'd know that a stock Z06 should be a kill you can manage, and a mustang GT you should be able to take starting in even 2nd gear.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
its called a crumple zone genius. The chasis is SUSPOSED to do that. It absorbs kenetic energy instead of it being transfered into YOU. Death trap? Please show me the proof.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
I can kinda see a little problem where the front and rear doors meet, but not anything that would make me think the 7thgen is any safer than the 6th. Honda has been known for having some of the safest cars in the world ever since govt. crash testing began, so i don't see the problem here.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
on top of that, you cant compare pictures of "in progress" crashes. What if the 7th gens pic was taken .523364 seconds before the 6th gen civic's was? That would mean it had that much time to crush in its crumple zone all that much more... which would lead someone who doesnt know anything to believe that one recieved more or less damage then the other. you find me AFTER CRASH photos and the documentation to prove on is safer then the other.. then and ONLY then would your point be valid.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta love the [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Friedrice is an unknown quantity at this point
In frontal crash tests 6gen = 4 stars, 7gen = five stars. That's good enough for me, don't need to see pics, the experts already did it for me.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

SaiyanMatador is an unknown quantity at this point
s2000 you tryin to take peoples quit again
Old 02-07-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: SaiyanMatador
s2000 you tryin to take peoples quit again[hr]
I have no clue what you said
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

Guru, don't even test me on the physics of how the chassis manages crash energy. I understand it all too well. I'm not going to go out there and put it into technical terms for people who don't know as much. So, chill. I've written so many term papers and reports on the stuff. (college) And if you want to go take a look at the data yourself, you'll see that the 7th gen has no rearward movement of the A-pillar. And why do you need after-crash photos? I already provided the after crash photo of the 7th gen... and a during-crash photo of the 6th gen (where the A-pillar is obviously bent)
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

And guru, I am sorry, there are no crumple zones in the A-pillars -- genius.
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

And just look at the way both doors are bent on the 6th gen... Looks like the safety cage was being thrashed around.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
just think of it this way....before you put the wrong engine in your car and turbo'd it...if u had I/H/E....your car would be slow as dirt too
Old 02-07-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: HeartSoul
just think of it this way....before you put the wrong engine in your car and turbo'd it...if u had I/H/E....your car would be slow as dirt too[hr]
Holy $hit. The noobie has a point.

Looks like the troll just got owned by the newb.

Old 02-07-2003
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
How the hell did this go to flaming some Troll to which generation is safer in crashes.

Stay on point people.
Old 02-07-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Im still convinced he aint got **** on his car. Another one of those ppl who talk trash all day, but dont have anything to back it up. I wanna see some pics and some detailed specs of what he's running.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Rodawg is an unknown quantity at this point
come to RI... my friend has a 98 viper with mods an a 300 shot from hennesy racing[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] i bet it will put up more of a fight then most cars u'll race... come on down to RI well see...

if u see the blue viper with white stripes in RI.. u know thats my boy
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

What about it Guru? I think you got own3d!
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

Flyby, looks like the trolling n00b got own3d by the n00b!
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point

i was just stating the obvious...i mean dudes saying these 7thgens arent fast with just I/H/E...and come on we all know all civic's...other than possible the SI's...are still slow with just I/H/E...i think he's just talking trash cause he gots his lil integra engine in his car so he thinks he knows he can beat anyone of u who has a 7thgen.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

B18boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW 6 pages on my first time posting a topic LOL who was it that said the B18C is not good for turbos charging? HEh I think you go your motors mixed up the B18C5 (type R ) motor is the one to keep as naturally asperated. Im amazed that someone actualyl knew what valve float was. The truth huh about my car? is that what you want? 1998 white EX coupe with JDM B18C I/H/E. go AHEAD! say what you will ill still go on with my life LOL however i am getting a turbo put on soon what size ? turbonetics cermaic t3/t4, rev hard manidold, full 3" down pipe front mount intercooler and a 3" thermal exaust system Etc. be productive and helpfull to the board you say? sure if you can find it in your hearts to forgive me? if you seriouslly want proof ill find a digi cam and get you some pics[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
To B18boosted
Shut up The f**K up !! you don't have b18c turbo stop Bsing [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] Now go modify your safeway shopping cart!
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Hey smart guy read my last post sloooowly youll see that i say im getting a turbo soon
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: B18boosted
WOW 6 pages on my first time posting a topic LOL who was it that said the B18C is not good for turbos charging? HEh I think you go your motors mixed up the B18C5 (type R ) motor is the one to keep as naturally asperated. Im amazed that someone actualyl knew what valve float was. The truth huh about my car? is that what you want? 1998 white EX coupe with JDM B18C I/H/E. go AHEAD! say what you will ill still go on with my life LOL however i am getting a turbo put on soon what size ? turbonetics cermaic t3/t4, rev hard manidold, full 3" down pipe front mount intercooler and a 3" thermal exaust system Etc. be productive and helpfull to the board you say? sure if you can find it in your hearts to forgive me? if you seriouslly want proof ill find a digi cam and get you some pics[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][hr]
Not really sure what the f**k you just said. I'm having a hard time deciphering your gibberish. From what it looks like though, is that you are saying you're getting a turbo. I thought you were bragging about how you already had one. Which is it? Oh, BTW, I wouldn't wipe my *** with a rev hard manifold.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Yeah i said i had a turbo before i just wanted to have a little fun with yall is that so wrong
Old 02-07-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: MangoEX
By the way, look at the LS430. IMO, safest car in the world. Highest standards of engineering!

look how even the lexus name plate and all parts remain perfectly intact. no tolerance for movement on any part of the chassis[hr]

I wouldn't say safest, I mean Volvo has probably taken that tite...And Dude, Ever heard of putting all your thoughts and rebuttals in one post??? No three in a row ......It makes it look like your debating yourself ....
Old 02-07-2003
Just Be

Would you people Halycon, and you guy 03ocivicex, stop taking my FUKKING AVATAR! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: SERIOUSLY!! 7th gens civics are NOT fast!!