Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Do I have "race me" tattoed on my forehead?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Do I have "race me" tattoed on my forehead?

Geez... I pull the S2k out for a day, and it's like everyone waited for me, then jumped all at the same time.

On my way to work today, and I have a yellow cavalier following me out of the subdivision. I must admit, it was not too shabby in the looks department. There were a few tacky things.... yellow windshield wipers, some decals that could have been better, IMO, and the exhaust just sounded BAD. The tint was decently dark, but he had a yellow band across the windshield... again not really my style.

I'm at a stop light, and he's behind me, waiting to turn left at a red light. I must say, that his system was so damn loud, it might as well have been in my trunk. However, this particular light is right in front of the police department, so I'm going to take away IQ points on that move. he also liked to sit in his back seat, as many 'racers' seem to do. I've never quite understood that, but maybe it's because I'm 5'6" and can't really do that. Oh yeah, the whole "no back seat in an S2000" thing helps in that department as well.

We turn out onto the main road, and he paces me for quite some time. We finally get to a 50mph zone, and he gets up next to me, and revs, then IMMEDIATELY takes off. Whoops, gotta find 2nd, yup. Okay... pass him with a vengeance, but it was still fun. However, as he went by, and I waved, he just gave me a rev of his not-so-tuned exhaust. Ok, it's all good.

I jump on the freeway, and no sooner do I get in the left lane and start cruising at 75mph, but I get some bald guy next to me in a toyota avalon. And HE'S revving his engine. I look at him and smile. He's like 50 years old but hey, I figure I'd be the same way at 50, considering the way I am now. lol.

I decline this race, as I'm not so comfortable on this stretch of freeway, nor do I like racing in traffic... even if it is sparse. He eventually gives up and takes off.

I'm already thinking I've got "race me" tattoed on my forehead, or someone spray painted it on the back of my car. When 5 minutes later, a convertible 330ci comes slowly from behind me. This race, I'm ready for, and ready to downshift. It's open and no traffic, so I'm kinda hoping he'll run. However, he never gets next to me, he just paces me. Suddenly I hear his engine downshift and roar, so I react and do the same. I pulled a few lengths on him to 110mph or so, but it did better than I thought. Afterwards, he went by and gave a wave. I saw an exhaust, so I wonder what else he might have had! (I have no clue what those cars run)

I'm glad I'm taking putting the S2k away tonight. (though I still have the drive home to make yet!)

Then I can stop worrying about people picking on me to race, and concentrate more on hunting focuses with my DX. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2002

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
haha...yet another great story told by s2k1man himself.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Sometimes, I wish anyone would try to race me. I love greeting them with the 1-finger salute. But when I do I think, it's because of my tezzas. I only bought them to stick out from the 20 other civics in town. The best is when a 4dr comes along! It's just too funny seeing a 4dr going fast. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Hey, where do you live? I haven't had anyone do that to me yet. Not a 1.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: XxSoVeReiGNxX
Sometimes, I wish anyone would try to race me. I love greeting them with the 1-finger salute. But when I do I think, it's because of my tezzas. I only bought them to stick out from the 20 other civics in town. The best is when a 4dr comes along! It's just too funny seeing a 4dr going fast. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yeah seeing a Lan Evo go fast is funny
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
another great story, ok , now seriously when are you going to write your book, i would definitly buy it.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: XxSoVeReiGNxX
It's just too funny seeing a 4dr going fast. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
So does that mean when my 2k1 sedan goes whipping past you, you're just gonna start laughing?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
J/K ...
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Beamers can run superchargers. Hmm...

Nice stories.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
When I first got my rims it seemed like every other car wanted to race. I haven't raced anyone in a long time. Maybe all the ricers, i mean "racers" went into hibernation for the winter; which is perfectly fine by me.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
An S2000 vs a chevy cavalier. He would have to be and IDIOT or have some real ***** under the hood of that car. personally I don't see many cavaliers that can do squat, but thats just where I live.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

Perfectcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
There are hardly any superchargers for the e46 i dont think anyones really perfected it.
Old 12-15-2002
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I ran a cavalier with 150 shot once... he damn near beat me, but I still edged him out.

He either heard that S2k's were slow, or simply wanted to play around for fun. who knows?? he was still pretty cool about it.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

Pukuyo is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, i think it's all about having fun. i f**king raced a z3 just for fun. i revved up beside him and he flew past me in 2 seconds. it's so easy to instigate.
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

WeSSoN is an unknown quantity at this point
y would you want to even post such a stupid story man....you have an S2K...stop wasting your energy
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those 330i's are nicely powered. The only beamer i killed was a Z3 1.9 auto with my old 5speed Accord. It was close though, mainly a drivers race and the auto vs. stick issue.
Old 12-15-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
so when my 4door runs by, you laugh? how many laugh when you run by with your altezzas?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
gee i wish my civic can hang with a 330ci that would be awesome ... but hey there are alot of stupid people out there that are totally immature. Kids that go and pick on other people just for fun sometimes their cars are not in the best condition , thats cause all they do is race and try to be fast. People like that are so retarted, i too hate it when people pick on me cause they do it all the time. Not only other imports but domestics like ss camaro's and ws6's also. Hate people like that, people who have faster cars that go pick on slower cars that look better than theirs but are slower. I mean geez leave me alone and let me cruise instead of trying to race me all the time. Ever since i got my kit on its one after another, i go through that stuff everyday, i wish i had those rocket launchers like 007 did on his aston martin with those laser guided shotguns that come out from the hood. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2002
Registered!!

nucks is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel you man, i was crusing down this road tonight in my town, going the speed limit which is 45, and this slammed s-10 is behind me, on my ***. The road clears up and he passes me and i just mind my own business, and then we get to a light at the end of the road where it meets the highways, perfect open road up ahead, clear highway. I pull up next to him at the light, hes in the right lane and im in the left. As soon as i get next to him, he looks over at me and revs, and i just laugh knowing i would win. He just kept staring at me, reving with his friends in the car laughing. I'm thinkin ok jacka$$ you wanna play, we'll play. So i give him a lil rev and he nods. I stare at the light and it hits green i launched close to 5k rpms, ouch! .........I hear his tires chirping and i look over and I'm already pulling on him, take it to 7500 and then shift to 2nd, and i just left him in the dust, i took it to third respectivley and then slowed down to about 70 after I didn't see him anymore, once again minding my own business. Now anyone would know i dusted his ***, but then about 10 seconds later he flies by and flashes his hazards. I swear it happens all the time, the classic ricer fly by. I gotta give him credit tho, his truck looked nice, but did he really think that his s-10 would beat my lude? Hmmmmm...... my mods are an injen cai, apex v-afc, msd ignition with nology hot wires, greddy headers, random technology high flow cat, skunk 2 exhaust, and clutch masters stage 3 clutch. O yeah, and carbon fiber tezzas lol
Old 12-16-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
Poor s2k..... it is taken to the limit everytime you take it out for a spin. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-16-2002
O RLY

[hr]Originally posted by: ak
Poor s2k..... it is taken to the limit everytime you take it out for a spin. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yeah... and then it laughs at me and says "is that all you've got?"

Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
hey s2000man, wanna race....LOL [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]