Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

my vic vs friends lancer ralliart

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
psychociv is an unknown quantity at this point
my vic vs friends lancer ralliart

I have a 2001 civic ex wit custom exhaust and an ebay intake. My friend has an 04 i think lancer ralliart with intake. I was thinking the ralliarts were like the same speed as an oz rally. So when he first got the car we raced and i thought he would only beat me by a half a lenght or so but damnn did i think wrong. These things are a hell of allot faster then i thought he prob got me by like 4 lol. But anyway last night we were out at the races and we decided to race again he was gunna give me a good lengh and i thought it was ok cuz hes not that good at racing his car yet(he always miss a gear during a race)so yea i know i could get the jump quicker then him and watever so we line up at a light and we go i get the jump and about half way threw 2nd gear i here him grind a gear so im like hell yea im gunna beat him this time but i got into 3rd and he just started to gain and flew passed me like i wasnt movin. he even missed a damn gear..

Anyone have any ideas about what i can do to my car to make it at least close to beating him ..cheap mods?lol ..I think if i was to get a aem v2 intake aem pulleys and headers i would b closer?
Old 08-12-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
Just get a K and then really destroy him. A funner cheaper solution would be getting a 50 shot of nitrous and hiding it so he can't figureout why the hell you are beating him LOL.
Old 08-12-2006
Registered!!

yea i would love to get a k but i dont wanna spend that much money on it. I was gunna just do little upgrades and make the car mostly for show cuz my plan is on gettin a 240sx and doing a sr20det swap but i still would love to at least keep up wit him with my vic. I love the look of the the 7thgen vic but doing anyhting like a swap or turbo just aint worth it to me.

lol yea a 50 shot he would prob think his car is broken
Old 08-14-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
doesnt that RalliArt version have a 2.4L motor? With a N/A D17, it's going to be tough to win. If he's missing gears and still blowing right by you, it's clear that his car is at a totally different HP level. AEM V2 is good IMO but it wont do much. I had the combo of AEM pullies and V2 intake and all I could do is stay neck and neck with a 1ZZ Corolla. YIKES!
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

awesome_jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Ralliart Engine: 162 hp, 162 lb-ft of torque, 2.4-L, 16-valve, SOHC I-4
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven a ralliart...they work really well.
Turbo/Swap/nitrous is really your only option.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

rustyplug is an unknown quantity at this point
is the K series the only engine able to go in a 7th Gen
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

ight thanks guys. I think im gunna look into doin a kswap only thing that seems worth it to me since im planin on keepin the car for a while..how much would it sell for swaped?

yea they run reall good .he lets me drive it everyonce and a while.
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
^^^depends on what you want to do. I would budget atleast 7K.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Looking at a good 5 to 9g's for a k swap. Turbo, like 3 to 5g's. Go with the 240sx instead, you'll smoke him then!!!!
Old 08-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^ NA mods on a KA24 still wont make it faster than the Lancer.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by psychociv
I have a 2001 civic ex wit custom exhaust and an ebay intake. My friend has an 04 i think lancer ralliart with intake. I was thinking the ralliarts were like the same speed as an oz rally. So when he first got the car we raced and i thought he would only beat me by a half a lenght or so but damnn did i think wrong. These things are a hell of allot faster then i thought he prob got me by like 4 lol. But anyway last night we were out at the races and we decided to race again he was gunna give me a good lengh and i thought it was ok cuz hes not that good at racing his car yet(he always miss a gear during a race)so yea i know i could get the jump quicker then him and watever so we line up at a light and we go i get the jump and about half way threw 2nd gear i here him grind a gear so im like hell yea im gunna beat him this time but i got into 3rd and he just started to gain and flew passed me like i wasnt movin. he even missed a damn gear..

Anyone have any ideas about what i can do to my car to make it at least close to beating him ..cheap mods?lol ..I think if i was to get a aem v2 intake aem pulleys and headers i would b closer?

Dont feel bad you got beat by a car with 30+ more hp. MIVEC 2.4, not going to catch that with any bolt ons. Try a cam from crower, cheaper than the turbo or swap!!!

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
^^ NA mods on a KA24 still wont make it faster than the Lancer.

He said a sr20det swap. I want to see the ralliart keep up with that. Not going to happen, and I still bet a ka24 could hold its own. Did you forget nissans have a little thing called torque?

Last edited by civydcex; 08-30-2006 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2006
Back From The Banned!

Sorry, missed the post about the SR swap.
no, never forgot that Nissan engines have torque. I have driven a few KA24 powered 240SX before.... not much top end at all. Factor in old HP rating, drivetrain loss, weight, and the car isnt much faster than a D17.... both stock.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

^^^ Very true!!