Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

So i was just cruzin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
So i was just cruzin...

So last night i was just going to rent a movie over at blockbuster with my brother. I was at a red light and he asks me to rev my car cause he wants to hear it. So I do... well the Crystler Hemi C 300 thats sitting right next to me decide to rev back.. I tihnk for a min and i was ehh alright this should be fun. I kind of get my launch ready *forgeting im not on a real track lol* The light goes green, i let the clutch out and begin to gun it. 7600 hits i start to spin the wheels *but im starting to pull* shift, samething 7600 hits wheels start to spin, slowly pulling, shift again wheels really start to hook up and i begin to pull even harder, next thing i know im in 4th gear and i got a bumper on him! I was like Hell yah and the light up ahead was where i had to turn, so i called it quits and slowed down.. But lets chalk another kill up to this bad boy . Now i just got to do sometihng about this traction issue !

NOTE Street Racing is a crime and should not be done!
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice!!! Got any ideas on how to solve your traction problem? Maybe step up to a 225 tire in front.
Old 08-03-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I doubt you killed a Hemi in a civic, isn't that a V8? Or is it a straight 6? It's a 429 right?
Old 08-03-2006

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DeX
I doubt you killed a Hemi in a civic, isn't that a V8? Or is it a straight 6? It's a 429 right?
LOL wow, its amazing.. apparently you dont know my civic do you? lol. Hemi is a v8 and if you dont know that theres something wrong with you lol.

Anyways yeah i think im going to change my rims out, eaith going to drop down to a 15 and add more of a tire, or go bigger with a 17 and a better tire. Its either that or slicks.
Old 08-03-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Dude read his sig. 277 whp at 6 psi. Wtf does that car have on him? Nice kill your car must be amazing.... you should post videos
Old 08-03-2006

Originally Posted by Michalo187
Dude read his sig. 277 whp at 6 psi. Wtf does that car have on him? Nice kill your car must be amazing.... you should post videos
LOL thanks for reminding me! dang it anyone have a video camra i could borrow?
Old 08-03-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
hell yeah come to arizona so i can get a ride and record hahahaha i won't mind at all
Old 08-03-2006

i passed threw on my way here lol
Old 08-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

Sometimes people's sig's don't show up, common mistake. NOTE TO N00BS: ALWAYS READ MEMBER PROFILES BEFORE FLAME ATTEMPTS!

I was well aware of how this story was going to end before I even read it. I thought to myself cool,TransformedBG raced someone. He prolly wooped up on whatever but I'll read it for ***** and giggles.

Nice job man, take that thing to the track already!
Old 08-03-2006
Abortion Survivor

100% finished with: Project "Super 7"

277.7hp@8300, 201.1ft.tq@6165, 91 oct, 6psi
I-Vtec do you?
Import Illusions - We Sick With It!
Texas Tuner Member #1
showed up on my screen and just in case someone didn't see it there it is.....
Old 08-03-2006

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
Sometimes people's sig's don't show up, common mistake. NOTE TO N00BS: ALWAYS READ MEMBER PROFILES BEFORE FLAME ATTEMPTS!

I was well aware of how this story was going to end before I even read it. I thought to myself cool,TransformedBG raced someone. He prolly wooped up on whatever but I'll read it for ***** and giggles.

Nice job man, take that thing to the track already!
Awww thanks for having faith in me XSR!!! Your the bestest! lol.. Yeah im thinking of taking it to the track tomorrow. hummmm
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
100% finished with: Project "Super 7"

277.7hp@8300, 201.1ft.tq@6165, 91 oct, 6psi
I-Vtec do you?
Import Illusions - We Sick With It!
Texas Tuner Member #1
showed up on my screen and just in case someone didn't see it there it is.....

smartass hahaha jk
Old 08-03-2006

So yall think bigger rims would help solve the problem?
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DeX
wow you just got totally
Old 08-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by TransformedBG

Bigger wheels may solve the problem, maybe run big wheels on the street then run smaller wheels on the track with slicks. Even with my kit at 8 psi the tires would break free at the top of 2nd and just slightly at the top of 3rd.

heh i could see ya now, running 18s on the back then 16s or 15s in the front. damn 7thgen would look like a dragster lol
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

That may help, but I think traction rating and tread width will have a greater impact. Are you still planning on running it at auto X events?
Old 08-04-2006

yeah im still going for auto x, still got some work to do to get it to that point though... Although i look at traction ratings when i got my current tires and i have a 205/45/r16 BFgoodwrench KDW with the new tread. I havent got to run um at the track so i havent let any air out them to see how they will do but i have a feeling they will still break free. Im thinking 13's with some fatty slicks should do the trick lol.
Old 08-04-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
You think 277 horsepower is a lot? Okay.....
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

I'm gonna try some 225/50/16's. That will give and extra 20 millimeters over the 205/45/16's I have now without changing the aspect ratio much (gonna keep 205/50/16's on the rear). I'll be running a frank with a rsx 5 speed and quaife lsd. N/A intially with a JRSC by the end of the year...I hope. I think the longer gears will work well for me. We'll see what happens. With you having all that power, a 5 speed might be something to consider if all other attempts to gain traction fail. Auto X is over my head, but I think going larger than a 16 wheel might be a mistake. PM one of the track jocks around here and see what they have to say.

tire size calculator link:
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
Hp and weight ratio that y he beat the hemi. Those hemi weighs a TON not to metion their big fat chrome out rims.
Old 08-04-2006

Originally Posted by TuffVietta
Hp and weight ratio that y he beat the hemi. Those hemi weighs a TON not to metion their big fat chrome out rims.
yeah but they can still run in the 13's at the track lol.
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
That roughly 250% of what your 05 DX would put down from the factory. Yeah that's a lot...
Old 08-04-2006

Originally Posted by suthrninca
That roughly 250% of what your 05 DX would put down from the factory. Yeah that's a lot...
You know i really never thought of that
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TuffVietta
I don't now if the same is true for dodge cars, but the rams 20" "chrome" wheels are really aluminum with "chrome" plastic covers. Next time you walk by one, knock on the face of the wheel.
Old 08-04-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DeX
in a car that weighs 2600 lbs... yes... its a lot.

Last edited by Rennen; 08-05-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
haha, I want to race you with all of your traction issues , sounds like about how I beat hemi 300 Cs. Except the only time that I spin is in 1st LOL. Are you a big autoxer? Or where you before?? I was, and I found that it will take some getting use to even with 201whp. I honestly think that for RR or autox this car is as balanced as it will get. I think that with your boost you are going to more of a strait line car. However, you were a bit consevative only giving 6psi
Old 08-05-2006

Originally Posted by EMK20a2
haha, I want to race you with all of your traction issues , sounds like about how I beat hemi 300 Cs. Except the only time that I spin is in 1st LOL. Are you a big autoxer? Or where you before?? I was, and I found that it will take some getting use to even with 201whp. I honestly think that for RR or autox this car is as balanced as it will get. I think that with your boost you are going to more of a strait line car. However, you were a bit consevative only giving 6psi
Well ide give it more, but i already have enough traction issues as is lol. but im getting int auto-x. I can handle the power better in corners than in a straight line. Go figure lol.
Old 08-05-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DeX
Haha are you kidding me? Why don't you just putt around in your little 115 hp civic and think that is fast and GTFO.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
I guess that I can somwhat see that becuase you are shifting the weight onto one tire. However, I would be more conserned with the longterm reliability of your engine on a serious road racing track day. Boosted cars are natourious for issues. Yeah, I have to be easy in first, but my car is begining to seem slow, so I find myself wanting more LOL

Well ide give it more, but i already have enough traction issues as is lol. but im getting int auto-x. I can handle the power better in corners than in a straight line. Go figure lol.
Old 08-05-2006

Originally Posted by EMK20a2
I guess that I can somwhat see that becuase you are shifting the weight onto one tire. However, I would be more conserned with the longterm reliability of your engine on a serious road racing track day. Boosted cars are natourious for issues. Yeah, I have to be easy in first, but my car is begining to seem slow, so I find myself wanting more LOL
Well if you dont take proper care of them then they have issues. But i think mine will hold up for a good while. Besides if you dont beat on it every day your engine will last longer.

Originally Posted by DeX
277 whp in a 2616 lbs car is a substancial amount. if you dont think thats a lot in a civic, then you can just go play with you 95 whp and run your 15.8's if your lucky all you want.

Last edited by TransformedBG; 08-05-2006 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost