Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

6.0 Gto

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
6.0 Gto

My fiance and I were on our way back from a late breakfast this moring when I ended up behind a new 6.0 GTO. Well curiousity got the best of me and I wanted to see how badly I would get beat. The GTO turned onto a street that does not get much trafic on the weekends so I decided to follow. I downshifted into 2nd and pulled around him. On my way around I heard him downshift into second as well so I new we were on . Just as I pulled next to him I heard the WOT of a bada$$ V8 and punched it. It could not have been more perfect we both hit it at almost the same time. To my suprise I was actually holding him . By 100 he pulled no more than 1/2 car on me and we shut down. His passenger gave me a thumbs up and we both slowed. The passenger then said go on three, held three fingers out and begain to count down, well he got to about 2 and the GTO took off . Realizing that I was not following he let off. I pulled up, and laughingly the passenger admited that the driver did not know how to count LOL. So we down shifted clear to 1st and then went on 3, I held him through 1st and then I missed 2nd gear and he instantly pulled 5 cars on me. We ended up next to each other again and the driver wanted to go, but I knew that I was pushing my luck with my fiance so I said no and shifted into 6th, he did the same. The funny thing is that after it was all over my fiance admited that she enjoyed it. Funny that she never liked it before I had my K-swap, maybe the roar of the v-8 muscle next to us is what turned her on LOL
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

deeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EMK20a2
...I was pushing my luck with my fiance...
I know the feeling. Amazing job with the GTO though!
Old 07-30-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
only a 1/2 car in the first race? that guy must not have been really on it because that thing is over 400hp. I know I got destroyed against my sisters boyfriend's 02 CE TA, I was putting down around 200whp, and he had exhaust, and wisper lid so probably around 340whp.
Old 07-31-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
maybe the roar of the v-8 muscle next to us is what turned her on LOL

Sounds like it's time for you to get a V8

Anyway, are you sure it wasn't an auto that he was just shifting?
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
regardless that is a good run. the gto is a quick car but you should be pretty close to his times with the swap
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

I don't think that they made the latter ones in auto, but it was a 6 speed we talked for a good bit at a slow roll. The car does have 400hp from the factory, but it weighs alot. I was suprised by the results, but I may have gotten a 1 or so car sling on him when I pulled around, not to sure. Another thing is that when we slowed he said he was in 2nd gear, which may mean one of two things; a. I pulled so hard that he thought I was in 1st, which I was not or b. the gearing is tall enough in the GTO where he could have dropped it into first at the 30 or so mph that we were going. I think that the gearing is sort of tall in those cars, so I deffinately had more of an advantage than normal in the beginning. However, even from 40-the end of my 4th (110 or so) he did not pull all that hard. Then until I missed 2nd the 2nd time we went we were dead even. I do think he was getting on it, why it was closer than I or anyone else would have thought is beyond me. It could be speculated again and agian, but all that anyone will ever know for sure is the results. Really makes me want to get to the track BAD.
Old 07-31-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Yeah, they still make them in auto's.... saddly enough. The dealer by my place has 3 GTO's, and all of them are auto's. In fact the auto is quite a bit slower being that it is only a 4 speed and the gears are really far spaced. But your right, even with the manual the gearing is rather tall. The first mod I do if I had one would be to swap a better rear end into one. But I suppose GM had to keep a tall rear end in to get the MPG high enough to stay out of the EPA's hair.
Old 07-31-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I'm sure he wasn't fully on it the 1st time. those cars are mad fast.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

^^^^We went from 40-110 and he wanted to win bad, he admited to being fully on it, just said he was in 2nd gear. Even the 2nd run when I missed 2nd he was not pulling until that point. After I missed 2nd I saw just how "mad fast" it was when it put 5 cars on me before I got it in gear. Honestly, I think that the 05 Mustang I raced with a tune and exhaust was faster, atleast comparing to this particular GTO.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
All in all nice run.
Old 07-31-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^^^^We went from 40-110 and he wanted to win bad, he admited to being fully on it, just said he was in 2nd gear. Even the 2nd run when I missed 2nd he was not pulling until that point. After I missed 2nd I saw just how "mad fast" it was when it put 5 cars on me before I got it in gear. Honestly, I think that the 05 Mustang I raced with a tune and exhaust was faster, atleast comparing to this particular GTO.
6.0 gto's trap upwards of 107 mph stock

lol. many I didn't know you installed rockets in your civic
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
But I suppose GM had to keep a tall rear end in to get the MPG high enough to stay out of the EPA's hair.
build one on pontiac's website, and notice that the 06 has a gas guzzler tax another reason it's bye bye GTO.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
6.0 gto's trap upwards of 107 mph stock

lol. many I didn't know you installed rockets in your civic

I am not sure what your problem is and why you doubt everything that I say. That is right I just go around making up lies, I don't even have a civic. I have a Kia, and I did not race a GTO I really raced a Grandprix. If you are going to follow me around disrespecting me in my threads don't post. And honestly I hate asking you to not post in my threads because you are and have been a great resource for information and I have always seemed to get along with you better than most members, but all of the doubt that you have drives me crazy. Considering that you yourself posted beating an STI with a K-swap back in the day and I never doubted you. It is just that you know so little about my car, the fact that I am alot lighter than stock, the fact that one of the places I shaved weight was 12lbs off of each tire/rim (yes I weighed them), and that my tire/rim combo is a smaller diameter than stock, which would shorten my gearing. I would never say what I will run in this project car, but I will say that the car itself is capable of mid 13s. I did not say that the race with the GTO played out as I would have anticipated, but what I do know is that guy was on it hard and was holding nothing back.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-31-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light
well why did you say GTO than
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

because I wanted everyone to like me and think that I had a fast civic, but I really drive a Kia.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

12345678910 is an unknown quantity at this point
because I wanted everyone to like me and think that I had a fast civic, but I really drive a Kia.
you dum lil ryc3r boi.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 12345678910
you dum lil ryc3r boi.
Y3ah, bica5e i r3allay drive a kia
Old 08-01-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

I am not sure what your problem is and why you doubt everything that I say. That is right I just go around making up lies, I don't even have a civic. I have a Kia, and I did not race a GTO I really raced a Grandprix. If you are going to follow me around disrespecting me in my threads don't post. And honestly I hate asking you to not post in my threads because you are and have been a great resource for information and I have always seemed to get along with you better than most members, but all of the doubt that you have drives me crazy. Considering that you yourself posted beating an STI with a K-swap back in the day and I never doubted you. It is just that you know so little about my car, the fact that I am alot lighter than stock, the fact that one of the places I shaved weight was 12lbs off of each tire/rim (yes I weighed them), and that my tire/rim combo is a smaller diameter than stock, which would shorten my gearing. I would never say what I will run in this project car, but I will say that the car itself is capable of mid 13s. I did not say that the race with the GTO played out as I would have anticipated, but what I do know is that guy was on it hard and was holding nothing back.
STi = 300 hp
6.0 GTO = 400

there's a big difference with that ... especially since an STi has an awd hp loss, also from being a roll. If I got even close with a GTO, I would say that I raced a bad driver. Even now with my mods and tune. GTO's are capable of running at least low 13's stock

I only shed doubt because I've caught so many misconceptions and inaccuracies in your posts ... it's not personal. mis-information is a pet peeve of mine ... which is why I have gotten into many arguments in the past in many of the forums I visit [not just this one].

eh. I'm too tired to think ... anyway, we'll see when you run yer car
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

I post nothing but the truth that is the best that I can do
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

06redgto should not be trusted06redgto should not be trusted
GTOs have hit 12s stock. On average they are low 13 second cars. 400 hp, and 400lbs/torque. That is a awhole lot more than you are making, and they aren't as heavy as everyone makes them out to be. The guy was either toying with you or floored it in 6th gear.
And to the guy who said the autos are much slower, that is a lie. They are about a 1/10th of a second slower on the 05/06, the 04 autos were much slower in auto form. Throw a converter on the auto 6.0 liter and your good to go.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
we gotta troll
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

06redgto should not be trusted06redgto should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
we gotta troll
No, just seeing if the idiot who continually revved, and almost wrecked his big winged EX into me trying to race through a 90 degree left turn in hagerstown would post on here, and saw this comical thread.
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 06redgto
GTOs have hit 12s stock.
Low 12s is an exceptional driver .

That is a awhole lot more than you are making
with the loss that your car experiences from turning that tree trunk that Ponticrap calls a drive shaft you would be around 320whp on the dyno I put 201 whp down on. It may be alot more than I am putting down, but you weigh 1300 lbs more.

and they aren't as heavy as everyone makes them out to be.
The new Shelby Cobra making 500 bhp and 480trq almost did not go into production because engineers argued that it was way to heavy even with the hp that it was making. How much does the Cobra weigh you ask? ~3900lbs, almost the same weight as the 6.0 GTO. So what you are calling not that heavy, the Ford engineers would have either not made, or they would have slaped an extra 100 horse under the hood.

The guy was either toying with you or floored it in 6th gear.
If you read my thread you would have known that he said he was in 2nd

And to the guy who said the autos are much slower, that is a lie. They are about a 1/10th of a second slower on the 05/06, the 04 autos were much slower in auto form. Throw a converter on the auto 6.0 liter and your good to go.
Let me guess you have an auto

No, just seeing if the idiot who continually revved, and almost wrecked his big winged EX into me trying to race through a 90 degree left turn in hagerstown would post on here, and saw this comical thread.
So now you think that all civics are like this???? Do you know anything about my civic at all, or does you lack of knowledge make you think that once a car is given the name "civic" it can never be fast??? I would say that a troll is exacly what you are. I know tons of civics that can hand you and your woman stick, 3900lb boat that you call a cars, a$$ anyday 06redgtslo. I would love to give it a try myself, not saying that I will win, but it will be you who is suprised not me.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 08-07-2006 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
<------ this guy would take an 06 GTO any day of the week, over a swapped and throughly modded civic. you're arguing a time you've never run, against a time that can be consistantly run by a stock car. and 350+whp dyno's are not hard to find.
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

^^^That is good, I would just say drive both cars and see what you think. I am not saying that I would win by any means. All that I am saying is from a roll it would be alot closer than he thinks. If I really wanted to get into it, I would just say we could take it to the twisties or an autox track, then a Stock GTO would not stand much of a chance.
Old 08-08-2006
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
GTOs have hit 12s stock. On average they are low 13 second cars. 400 hp, and 400lbs/torque. That is a awhole lot more than you are making, and they aren't as heavy as everyone makes them out to be. The guy was either toying with you or floored it in 6th gear.
reality. this is the most truth in this thread bar none. and he's right about the autos too. the auto is barely slower than the manual.

enough of this bs. if a gto only pulled a 1/2 car on you from 40-100, then the guy was screwing with you. or he can't drive to save his life.

If I really wanted to get into it, I would just say we could take it to the twisties or an autox track, then a Stock GTO would not stand much of a chance.
lol wow. GTO = a-stock.

first you tell us your swapped car making 200hp and running high 13's on your best day can hang with a high 12 second car on it's best day? not to mention it traps about 5-7mph faster. lol. and THEN you tell us it wouldn't stand a chance against you in the cornering department?

blah, i'm closing this troll bs crap thread.

Last edited by S2000man01; 08-08-2006 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost