Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Can't find anyone my size, but......

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
Can't find anyone my size, but......

Ok, since I have finished my K-swap I have only ran into two cars that I could actually call a race (G35 coupe, and an 05 mustang GT). It is like all of the cars that use to enjoy picking on me when I had the D17 all went away. I found two races today, if you even would call them races. The first race was with a POS Taurus SHO manual. It had two of the loudest exhausts ever (WAY louder than mine and I am at 75 db) and it was not the neat loud it was the anoying broken exhaust loud only they were not broken. So he is infront of me at the light, light turns green and he floors it, he pulls a car or so before I roll on it and by the end of second I am past him and have merged back over. We get to the next light, he rolls his window down and asks what I have in it, so I say "you know intake, exhaust, the normal ". His response is "yeah this thing puts 330 to the wheels". Well now I know that the only thing that car is putting 330 to is 330 degrees to the engine from the busted head gasket. So this time I let him pull a couple of cars before I roll on it again. By 80 I had about a bus length on him, which honestly I am suprised that hunk of crap kept up that well. The funniest thing is at the next light this young girl pulls up and says "you have the loudest exhaust ever, it is so anoying" I wanted to say, "it was the other guy in the piece of crap", but I just let it go. The next race was with a late 90s VW VR6 with I/H/E and a decent looking body kit. We rolled up to a red that was about to change and I heard him downshift into 1st, so I did the same. The light turned while we were rolling and we both droped the clutch, with a screeming furry I pull multiple cars by the end of 2nd and then let off. I look back and he is hanging back not knowing quite what to make of my 4 wheel beast. So I slow way down until he has no choice but to catch up. As he pulls next to me I hear him downshift this time I let him go for a bit before I let him have it. once I am convinced that I have given him a ray of hope I bash the top end of 2nd shift to 3rd, shift to 4th, 100mph and I look in my rearview mirror and he is multiple bus lengths back. I slow and he pulls next to me this time with his window down and instantly calls my cards by saying "engine swap". Since he was a cool guy and guessed it I confirmed. He told me that his friend has an lx that he races alot and when I pulled on him like crazy he knew right away.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice stories... Good to know your having fun
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

I am having alot of fun, although I need to be a bit easier on her before I break something.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
wanna race for money?? straight up..
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

^^^yeah, you leave now and so will I, we will meet somwhere in Colorado in a day or so. I will bring my civic and you will bring your dad's viper or something crazy like that.
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice, can't wait until I have this problem.