Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

So i took my K20 to the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Yeah do we know the weight specs on the new SI yet? That thing looks heavy for a civic.
Old 08-15-2005
ricer hatin' motha!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAstage2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by _Viper_
Hey just BTW guys what do you think the 8th gen Si with LSD 6 speed will run??

low 14's prob also right???
bhahahha, the new Si will be a 15 second car. I promise you.
Old 08-15-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish they would just bring the DC5-R over here! I would get one in a heartbeat, but since it will never happen I have changed my mind again and decided to go with my origional plan and get an 05 Type-S. Reliable NA 13 sec car with a few bolt ons, a little touch of luxury and cheaper insurance then s2000 plus $10k less. Waiting on my fuel line from honda and the paperwork for refinancing my house to go through then I will trade in and part out.
Or maybe I could just put in for orders to Japan and bring one back. I wish it was that easy.
Old 08-15-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well just so yall know its the Type R with LSD, and i just finally got a tool to rotate my tires, but im thinking about picking up a set of Falken Azinas and putting them on my old steelies. But my reaction times really not a problem. It was mostly just the 60 ft time that was killing me. But at least for now i gob bassically brand new tires on the front soo lol.. hopefully that will help you out..

As for someone wanting to know the mods.. I dont have crap, just a SIR and a cat back thats it. The stock 220hp that the engine producess and the 4.79 final drive LSD tranny thats it. The tires are 205/55/r16 Nitto Nex-Gens.
Old 08-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
azenis suck when wet, and if you go through a water pit...

plus they're heavy for a tire. plus they have stiff sidewalls. they're fun, but not on the drag strip.
Old 08-15-2005

Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
azenis suck when wet, and if you go through a water pit...

plus they're heavy for a tire. plus they have stiff sidewalls. they're fun, but not on the drag strip.
Yeah they sucked at the track for me cause I had to drive through the water pit and didn't want to smoke em to dry them out.(too expensive for that) I did manage to pull consistant 2.2 60ft all night though spinning like crazy. On the street they were awsome! Never spun once off the line an I was killing people out the hole.

The new RT615 that I have are a lighter than the old ones so I suggest them over the old style. Overall they are a great tire but the downside is reduced performance when wet and they will wear fast.
I am selling my 14" set, if anyone is interested PM me.

Last edited by Redline04; 08-15-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Didnt want to smoke them? God boy thats what breaks the molecular bond so you can grip better. Ever wonder why cars smoke the tires at a drag strip? lol... Granted when done your supposed to let them sit for 24-48 hours to let the bond go back together. But any Drag tire you get your going to have to burn out to get the tire temp right.

you can read all about it at:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...tCycleInfo.jsp

and as for going threw puddles.lol.. im not using these every day.. im talking just on the weekends at the track. lol
Old 08-15-2005

Originally Posted by k20txem2
Didnt want to smoke them? God boy thats what breaks the molecular bond so you can grip better. Ever wonder why cars smoke the tires at a drag strip? lol... Granted when done your supposed to let them sit for 24-48 hours to let the bond go back together. But any Drag tire you get your going to have to burn out to get the tire temp right.

and as for going threw puddles.lol.. im not using these every day.. im talking just on the weekends at the track. lol
When they are dry you dont need to smoke these tires to get them to stick.
If you only gonna use them at the track and on weekends just get some drag radials. They will give you the best grip over any other street tire.
Old 08-15-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
yeah. slicks are really the only thing you need to do a burnout with and/or drive through the water pit.

if you have streets or DR's, then there is no need to do anything. the only instance where i could think this would be different is if the tires were cool/cold, and you'd need to burn a little rubber to heat them up and make them sticky.
Old 08-16-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by k20txem2

You are talking about heat cycling that is for new tires. That is different than heating them up at the strip. I have never heat cycled, but there are alot of people who do