Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Raced a newer BMW 530

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Raced a newer BMW 530

I always enjoy racing a BMW because most onlookers perception of them is that they are all very fast so I never pass up the chance (only had one other chance). So I am driving down a local road and this black BMW comes up from behind and passes me like he is the god of the road. He then runs off when I try to catch up. After a few lights I make my way through traffic (safely) and get next to him at a light. In the car sits a midle aged, colored male (not racist), that resembles Martin Lawerence 20 lbs heavier. He looks over at my car up and down and then goes "pshhh" and looks ahead. So I am thinking what a ***** not only and is he not going to race, but he is going to disrespect my car. Then I hear his rpms rise so I bump mine to 4k and the light turns green I get a good bit of wheel spin, but just as he gets traction and edges ahead I get traction and take about a 1 car lead. As I chirp into second I still have the 1car lead. He slowly starts crawling on me and by the time I shift to 3rd he is about 1/4 car ahead. I call it off at the top of third around 80 becuase of a corner and he has a 1 1/2 car lead. We both took the corner to fast and were a bit sidways almost to the point of drifting around the corner (always a very uneasy feeling in my car). I am expecting him to slow down but he keeps at it so I figure "what the heck". He is now about 6 cars ahead (he got the inside of the corner) and we go from 70 to around 90 and he is not pulling at all I may have even been pulling a bit. He finally slows down and I pull up next to him and he says "man this has 250 under the hood" (really only has 225 stock). So I am like "yeah I know I did not expect to win". He then says "you kept up alot better than I would have thought, nice car" and gives me a wave I give him a nod and pull off.

So I know that I have said this before, but this seems like a good race to hang up the keys on. I am getting to old for this, I have a really good job that I don't want to lose becuase I have no license and I think that the police are going to make a serious move against street racing around here. Infact I think that I was followed prior to the race by a undercover and they are having a local special on the news on the "problem" of street racing around here (I am praying that I don't see some secret footage of me in my car racing the news people undercover LOL)

Last edited by bgoetz; 06-29-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a good race, i like it when people can be cool after a race and not be too cool or what not
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that's funny right there :-) scared of the news people showing footage of you racing. Talk about a way to say 'Hi Mom!'
Old 06-29-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by thegent
Now that's funny right there :-) scared of the news people showing footage of you racing. Talk about a way to say 'Hi Mom!'
Or high to the boss
Old 06-29-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Street racing is bad mmmmmmkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyy. Just hard to resist sometimes though.