Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

I'm never racing again. I hate A/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005
my civic has no boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
I'm never racing again. I hate A/T

So yeah i was messing around with this car that looked like an accord from the front (it was night and all i saw was headlights). then i turned, and he turned, and we both got a light red. it turned out to be a puny lancer es with some nerd in it. he had a 5 speed. i have auto. light went green. we took off. i got smoked by about 2 cars after we slowed down round 70. after losing, i vow to never race in an auto ever again. i just...i know my car is slow, but i guess its an unconscious thing going on that i have to be reminded. please flame me, i need the discouragment.
Old 05-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
omg thats really sad, because the es has such little power. I drove an auto oz edition and it was slower than my auto vic. I guess 5-spd makes up for it tho. Its a 10-20whp difference so I guess its possible.
Old 05-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
racing in an auto isn't neccesarily bad, new m5 has no manual... but an auto civic is not going to win many, sorry
Old 05-25-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
i thought the m5 was had hte paddle shifting? or was that the m3? o yeah i guess i should point out it was modded but not significantly. I/H/E from what i could tell. maybe a short shifter, flywheel (just from how quickly it revved i'm just speculating).
Old 05-25-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
this was a case of auto vs. manual.... a 5 speed vic would have done the same to you... dont just stop racing man... be safe, and dont pick a fight with the manual tranny cars.
Old 05-25-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
why would you race an auto anyway?
Old 05-25-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
what inspires people to try and race a car that struggles to get up to speed on an onramp?
Old 05-25-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
hm... looks like u got pwned, i suggest getting a nitrous kit that will make up for it and youd own alot of cars, 5spd? no problem with nitrous, it will be a major sleeper too!
Old 05-25-2005
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
hm... looks like u got pwned, i suggest getting a nitrous kit that will make up for it and youd own alot of cars, 5spd? no problem with nitrous, it will be a major sleeper too!
Yeah thats it. Kill your motor.
Old 05-25-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by CiViCLiZeD714
and tranny!
Old 05-25-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
The transmission in the M3/M5 is completely different from the auto in the Civic, you're talking about a transmission that can switch gears in 0.1secs, thats pretty fast compared to our cars. They also have more than 4 speeds, so the gearing is completely different.

I wouldn't recommend racing an auto. w. nitrous, you're just asking for trouble, unless, maybe, you've built the tranny up, but even then, its just a waste, trade up to a 5spd. if you want to race, hell, trade up from a Civic while you're at it if you don't plan on boosting, swapping or autocrossing.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ SMG's can shift as fast as 80 milliseconds and your right, the SMG is nothing like a honda auto.

Yeah, kill it and get a K.
Old 05-26-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, sell it and get something not auto. or make sure what you get has a very nice auto tranny, that doesnt lag like a civic. or dont race and make your car look good. Id rather swap motors/tranny and boost if I was you, hehe. just pull 10,000 out of your as*.

Peace
Old 05-26-2005

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
pick up a GTO really cheap in an auto! V8s and autos work well together because of torque
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by suthrninca
^^^ SMG's can shift as fast as 80 milliseconds and your right, the SMG is nothing like a honda auto.

Yeah, kill it and get a K.
Yeah lets just throw down 4-6K just like that. Lets get real for once.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah lets just throw down 4-6K just like that. Lets get real for once.
Ok, get real. With the money you have already spent on your lx, you could come REAL close to getting a K. Don't take it the wrong way though, I'm in the same spot.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by suthrninca
Ok, get real. With the money you have already spent on your lx, you could come REAL close to getting a K. Don't take it the wrong way though, I'm in the same spot.
not even. I wouldn't have gotten all this if I didn't have hookups for em.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

wow, a lancer es
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
never race with a auto on straights. You have a chance on places with lot of turns, then speed isn't as much of a factor as handling is. That was the only way i beat a mustang gt, was because the road we raced on had a lot 45 to 65 degree turns. He'd slow down on the turns while i speed up and powered out of the turns. He owned me on the straights.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Daemones6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get a turbo to make up the difference.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
you're such a hardcore street racer, i guess street racing is in your blood. i think if you had a manual tranny you could keep up with an M3
Old 06-07-2005

Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
you're such a hardcore street racer, i guess street racing is in your blood. i think if you had a manual tranny you could keep up with an M3
I love this
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
what inspires people to try and race a car that struggles to get up to speed on an onramp?
lol so true
Old 06-07-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
What is that about???? He posted about how he lost to a slow a$$ car and you are flaming him?? Not only are you flaming him you are sugesting that he he has unrealistic expectations about the car that he drives. You may want to try stepping down off of the platform that you seem to have built yourself upon
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
don't give up man. autos are slow but you can still have fun with em. there are times when I wish I had manual but auto isn't that bad. Just needs more work.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Kizuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
Hah, I agree.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bgoetz
What is that about???? He posted about how he lost to a slow a$$ car and you are flaming him?? Not only are you flaming him you are sugesting that he he has unrealistic expectations about the car that he drives. You may want to try stepping down off of the platform that you seem to have built yourself upon

i agree, i hate people that just likes to flame too. +1 rep
Old 06-07-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i have an auto and i still mod it eventho its not my car (but i still drive it as its now my bros car). to me, its really not about performance, its a hobby. yes it may sound stupid cause im dishing out bucks for useless parts, but it'll make myself feel better and make driving more enjoyable to me. this doesnt just apply to performance parts neither, stereo systems is the best investment i could ever do with any vehicle

some people are stuck with autos and they gotta work with that. i know it sucks and i was one of them im happy enough i dont drive an car older than 1990 cause i had many problems with my 89 corolla and im suprised its still living after the bad previous ownerships
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bgoetz
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

AJ Quick is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for a 5 speed swap.

BTW.. street racing is dumb.

Quick Reply: I'm never racing again. I hate A/T