Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Setup for a slalom event.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
Setup for a slalom event.....

Well there's gonna be an auto-x/slalom event in my town and iwant to get prepped for it, so here's the deal, the only suspension stuff i got are some 16' rotas with azenis, and KYB AGX shocks, what could i do to bring the best out of this setup

1)What setting fot the shock (Front/Rear Stiffnes, KYB's got 4)

2)Tire Pressure for front and rear

3)I got a Tanabe Underbrace and a Megan Rear tie sitting in the room, would it realy make a difference if in just intall that...

4)Keep in mind that the track is kinda small, and is mostly tight turns...

Thanks for those who can help

Last edited by CivicMexicano; 04-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
SHocks. Your going to have to test a few settings, But soft front Stiff rear, will help the car rotate better. I run my Konis full soft on the nose and about 1/2-1/4 down from full hard on the back and then adjust as the track needs.

Tire pressure... How much negitive camber are you running? and once again you'll have to test a few things. Right now for autocross I run about 37 on the front and 33 on the back, before I added in more negitive camber I ran 45 or so front.

the extra bracing isnt going to do a hell of a lot.
Old 04-08-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

I got the aligment done at the dealerahisp so i think its 0° camber all around.....

Last edited by CivicMexicano; 04-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
0 Camber or 0 Toe? If its 0 Camber... Pick up a camber kit for the front end and bottom the thing out... You want as much negitive camber on the nose as you can get.
Old 04-08-2005
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Toe has to be 0 right, and ill do that, ill get a camber kit, also what about the rear, do i set up those nearest to 0, or what?? and can the rear wheels get toe in or out?? not that i want to mess with it, just wanted to know if it was a front thing only...