Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Track Time for Boosted Vic

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Question Track Time for Boosted Vic

Hey, just wondering if anyone here or if anyone knows of anybody with great 1/4 time in a boosted 7thgen civic? Just trying to see what to expect if i boost/if payoff is worth it. Thanks
Old 03-22-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Most boosted civics here run low to mid 14s the fast ones are into the 13's.
Old 03-22-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
IC. What psi u runing on? And whats the improvments on torque? With just 14sec run vs a 16 on non boost....can u really tell the diff with a boosted civic vs stock?? Is it worth? Thanks
Old 03-22-2005
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
It is definately worth it. Right now, I'm running 0 psi because I do not have a turbo, but from anyone that has one, you will hear that it is definately faster than stock.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
running lower times in the 1/4 mile is like earthquakes, it gets about 10 times harder to lose 1 second in et's. so from 16-14, is VERY hard, but from 14-13 is alot harder, then u start having to do a lot of heavy mods to break into 12's and lower. 14's are respectabletimes, but nothing great. the reason the 7th gens are so slow, is because they are so damned heavy, if any1 had the ***** to rip out the interior and un-necessary peices on their car, and use a turbo my bet would be on high 13's with proper traction.

Turbo is WAY better than N/A tho, save alot of money, gets best bang for buck besides nitrous. only problem is D series are built like toothpick(im talking older engines, im not to sure about the d17's) and have been known to rip up tranny's and axels launching hard on slicks, or with high boost.
Old 03-23-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know my time yet. I have to get a new clutch first. But it is definately worth it. It throws me back at 5 lbs in 3rd, 4th, or even 5th gear. So much nicer than stock. But it gets expensive. I love it though
Old 03-23-2005

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran 14.2 on 8psi on street tires UNTUNED but I'm about to get dyno tuned soon hopefully
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

gsrchad is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Vantage
running lower times in the 1/4 mile is like earthquakes, it gets about 10 times harder to lose 1 second in et's. so from 16-14, is VERY hard, but from 14-13 is alot harder, then u start having to do a lot of heavy mods to break into 12's and lower. 14's are respectabletimes, but nothing great. the reason the 7th gens are so slow, is because they are so damned heavy, if any1 had the ***** to rip out the interior and un-necessary peices on their car, and use a turbo my bet would be on high 13's with proper traction.

Turbo is WAY better than N/A tho, save alot of money, gets best bang for buck besides nitrous. only problem is D series are built like toothpick(im talking older engines, im not to sure about the d17's) and have been known to rip up tranny's and axels launching hard on slicks, or with high boost.
toothpicks, its really on how you tune it. if you can tune in perfectly. you could run 20+lbs on a stock d15 or d16, or even d17. when a motor goes boom is because something went wrong. I have seen stock d16's go from anything ( turbo that is) between 15.9's ( stupid retard couldnt setup his **** nor drive) to my buddies 13.1. 12lbs on a t3/t04e tuned on uberdata. you oculd run a d17 at probly the same thing. BUt tune it, i dont care if its on 8 or 2lbs. running boost on a motor that is not made for it with out tuning it, is asking for trouble. but i dont see why 13's are not out of question with a decent setup. I WOULDNT buy a kit online. those are a waste of money. spend some time on your setup and your car. peice together a kit that is made for your driving styles and what you want. if you want off the line tq, and you drive a lot in the city. then get a smaller setup. but you wont get bad *** numbers. or if your like me... set it up to get all your power above 4,500rpms... I personally dont care what my car is like below 4 grand. cuase if im racing you, i wont be below it. and besides. i like gas mileage...

so set up your turbo the way you want to drive. if you want fast times and power, your going to sacrafice low end. or vice versa.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

dude, lol, u drive a b18c, the axels on a D-series are to small for hard launches, and will snap if u have alot of power and use slicks. Also, the trannys arent as strong as a b-series. My buddy went through 3 trannys in 1 racing season, using a d16z6 with i/h/e and a 50shot. they are fine for MOST 13.xx runs, but wont last that long at all, unless they are very built. and yes u can get gator axels or watever, but for most people here they wont built the engine, nor get gator's or raxels.
Old 03-23-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Vantage
the reason the 7th gens are so slow, is because they are so damned heavy, if any1 had the ***** to rip out the interior and un-necessary peices on their car, and use a turbo my bet would be on high 13's with proper traction.
Damn those civics are soooooo heavy they must fill the door panels with lead . They should make them weight as much as the EVO then they would be fast.

I think you are on to somthing you fvcking Genius you

Get the fvck off the site noob
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

lol, dude. 7th gens are super heavy, compared to EG's which usually are like 2200lbs trackweight, and EF's 2000lbs trackweight.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

gsrchad is an unknown quantity at this point
he went though a yr with driving it and never had to change axles. he did have a problem with the dx tranny. but its about the tune. you set it up right, and you want power, your going to get lag anyhting below 3,500rpms. get a decent clutch, fuel system and tune it. and you should hit 13's all day.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
there were several members around here pulling high 13's with turbos.
the fastest one I've personally seen was catalyst's car. (I dunno if he still posts here)
his car..
2002 Honda Civic Lx
235 whp & 215 ft/lbs @ 6 psi
13.6 @ 101.889 mph w/ 2.003 60.ft @ 2,700 ft elevation.

not bad at all I'd say. Also LACR is about .4 seconds slower then say California Speedway here in fontana due to the high elevation and crappy track setup.