Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

TC Got Killed Last Night..

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005
Fiji Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
TC Got Killed Last Night..

So me and my gf were riding down 54 last night and all of a sudden a TC comes flying up next to me..and he has this dumb *** neon underglow and what looked like 17'' rims... so we start going back and forth...and then i was like ok...lets go then...so at about 50 mph i gunned it and so did he.. and dropped it in 5th once i reached like 80 and i had about 3 cars on him...so im wondering do those tc's have any top end power? i mean i know from a roll he would own me..because he has more torque and horse..but it was a good kill for me..lol..
Old 03-20-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
I doubt he floored it.
Old 03-20-2005
Fiji Club Member

Originally Posted by QBoi
I doubt he floored it.

i swear..he did.. cuz he kept up with me till like 70ish and then i pulled on him...
Old 03-20-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
good kill...hey i seen all ur mods..did u notice gains with all those mods compared to stock? cuz i know ppl say d17s dunt respond well, but whats ur take on it?
Old 03-20-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
5th at 80? dude 4th'll go upto 110.... u shoulda still been in 3rd IMO. but thats just me sorry. nice kill anyways.
Old 03-20-2005
my civic has no boost

crap my bad, u shut down at 80 and put it in 5th.......god i'm stupid sorry.
Old 03-20-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaGuy12
i mean i know from a roll he would own me..because he has more torque and horse..but it was a good kill for me..lol..
Am I missing something is 50 mph not from a roll anymore????

Drag racing dictionary:
Roll (adjective)-used to describe when MOVING vehicles race this can happen from 1mph all of the way to 100+mph

Dig (adjective)-used to describe when vehicles race from a dead stop usually is proceeded by reving of engines and **** talking.
Old 03-20-2005
Fiji Club Member

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Am I missing something is 50 mph not from a roll anymore????

Drag racing dictionary:
Roll (adjective)-used to describe when MOVING vehicles race this can happen from 1mph all of the way to 100+mph

Dig (adjective)-used to describe when vehicles race from a dead stop usually is proceeded by reving of engines and **** talking.

lol sorry wrong termonlogy..meant dig...sorry doctor dictionary lol jk..thanks for the clearup..
Old 03-20-2005
Banned

anytime I can be an a$$hole
Old 03-20-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
even with those mods.... I really dont think the tC should have lost in this case...
especially 3 cars lengths from 50-80MPH.....

maybe it was auto....
Old 03-20-2005
Registered!!

btuner is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i dont think he was really going u should run dan with the white tc at spc then we will know the truth
Old 03-20-2005

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
even with those mods.... I really dont think the tC should have lost in this case...
especially 3 cars lengths from 50-80MPH.....

maybe it was auto....

toyota's auto trannies are considerably built better then hondas. an auto tC is (i believe) .5-.7 slower in the 1/4 strip then a 5 speed. I don't know, I really think the tc wasn't flooring it. i have no clue about gearing ratios, but i think the tC should have won
Old 03-20-2005
my civic has no boost

5 spd vic vs a auto tc i think would be a good one, if the tc was stock and the vic had everything that his car had. if he drove well then it'd be good. i guess it just depends. if the tc floored it and it was an auto, it probably dropped to 2nd gear at 50. i would say they woulda been even, if the tc has a horrible 3rd gear then maybe the vic woulda pulled. i dunno though. i think the tc shoulda won if they were trying. i'm still undecided.
Old 03-20-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
something just isn't right about this story, idk...
Old 03-20-2005
Registered!!

d17sohc is an unknown quantity at this point
a kill is a kill good job
Old 03-21-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
ill have to say that the tC would have definately beat you if he was trying his fullest....and unless you have a 6 spd, dropping it into 5th at 80 isnt happening
Old 03-21-2005
Fiji Club Member

lol ok im lying.....to each their own..to all you non believes just keep comments to urself..PLEASE..god didnt ur mom teach you if you have nothing to say dont say anything at all...

Last edited by HondaGuy12; 03-21-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HondaGuy12
lol ok im lying.....to each their own..
Old 03-21-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by QBoi
toyota's auto trannies are considerably built better then hondas. an auto tC is (i believe) .5-.7 slower in the 1/4 strip then a 5 speed. I don't know, I really think the tc wasn't flooring it. i have no clue about gearing ratios, but i think the tC should have won
which would put it 16 sec + around the same as a stock ex civic 5spd. I don't see what the issue is the TC is not all that much faster especially if it was an auto. I have never driven one, but I can see it not being that great top end considering its peak hp is around 5.5K. I am sure it is not BS GOOD KILL
Old 03-21-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by scatman
and unless you have a 6 spd, dropping it into 5th at 80 isnt happening
Reread the thread and the other posts
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

solotc is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Big Bs

damn son... i havent been on this forum for a while but i cant pass up this load of crap....the guy in the tC was either toying with you, or doesnt know how to drive. i mean, i'm driving a tC now...and my cousin just sold his 96 civic ex with i/h/e to get a tC. ive driven both cars in the same day...the civic CANNOT hang. thats the bottom line...man, in tha tC was toyin wit u...know where u fit in the food chain...civics are not fast...tC's are not fast either...but they are quicker than civics with minor work on them. wait....maybe ur runnin FI...thats the only time the cars a comprable...
Old 03-21-2005

Originally Posted by solotc
damn son... i havent been on this forum for a while but i cant pass up this load of crap....the guy in the tC was either toying with you, or doesnt know how to drive. i mean, i'm driving a tC now...and my cousin just sold his 96 civic ex with i/h/e to get a tC. ive driven both cars in the same day...the civic CANNOT hang. thats the bottom line...man, in tha tC was toyin wit u...know where u fit in the food chain...civics are not fast...tC's are not fast either...but they are quicker than civics with minor work on them. wait....maybe ur runnin FI...thats the only time the cars a comprable...

Thanks for echoing!
Old 03-21-2005
Banned

The car is only like 160hp it weights more and if it is an auto from a roll I could see the civic pulling like he said. Even from a dig it would be a close race with his mods. My car is slightly more moded than his, but I walk my friends rsx base model auto without much problem. And I think that his car should take an auto TC easily. Now I would call BS if it was a 5spd. But it is very possible with an auto.
Besides a 6th gen is slower than a 7th gen
Old 03-21-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
i mean, i'm driving a tC now...and my cousin just sold his 96 civic ex with i/h/e to get a tC.
lol that makes the tc faster? cuz your cuz got rid of his civic for a tc?
ive driven both cars in the same day...the civic CANNOT hang.
congratulations. the butt dyno tells us how much you know about racing.

anyways. so a stock tc runs what... 15.5? 15.6? No a civic can't keep up with one, but keep in mind a stock EX can hit 15.8 with the best drivers.

there are also civic EX's that have gotten as much as 20+hp from i/h/e. A quick look at dyno charts and intake/exhaust got one guy to 117 wheel horsepower over stock. (stock being around what... 105 wheel horsepower?)

So stick shift tc vs stick shift ex, even with the extra hp it won't happen so drastically (3 cars) from a roll, unless the guy in the scion started in the wrong gear or is short shifting.

or it's an auto tC vs the ex.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Ok, maybe 1.2 or 1 car, but to say you put 3 cars on a vehicle that runs 15's and your car that runs mid - high 16's... is a bit far fetched man. Even w/ your mods... it still wouldnt be possible. What may be possible was, he let off and since your in front and you can't see his brake lights, it looks as if you kept pulling on him, when he really just slow down, perfect example (here is what I think happened):

I ran into a AT corolla S w/ intake and exhaust. I had it in 5th when he flew past me, I caught up, got a lil infront of him to iniate the race, i braked and he took off. I followed him to a gas station and talk to him, he was braggin how he beat me, and I told him...

"I braked to slow down, so we could iniate the race... but you thought I wanted to run right there and you took off"

That said, he looked confused and a bit upset. We ran from a 50 roll and i killed him easily.

but, IDK... anything can happen.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

horroskopes is right...honestly anything can happen...its verry unlikely...the tC can walk a base rsx...that being said, you hafta have serious mods done to your civic to keep up with a tC. if it was auto...maybe, not sure cuz from what i heard, they keep up pretty well with the manuals...also, with the torque curve the tC has, the auto has a surprisingly peppy feel at highway speeds....almost close to my manual...but anyways, i pointed out about the civic cuz i wanted to make the point that i have driven both of them...and i dont need a dyno to tell which is quicker...its a BIG difference...
Old 03-21-2005
Banned

^^^The key is feel and most automatic cars with the exception of a few Cameros and such are slower and have a good bit more drivetrain loss. I am not say this is the case, but is most likley the case with the auto TC vs the manual TC that and the gear ratio is going to be much longer. Yes a Civic ex would have to have alot of NA mods to keep up with a stock 5spd TC
Old 03-22-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
but anyways, i pointed out about the civic cuz i wanted to make the point that i have driven both of them...and i dont need a dyno to tell which is quicker...its a BIG difference...
again. dont' care what you "feel" when you drive both of them. You can't FEEL the difference between a 15.5-15.7 car and a 15.8-16.0 car.

you know what? i owned an accord V6 6-speed, and also spent some time in a V6 altima. Both of those cars FEEL faster than my S2000, by quite a bit actually. But racing both of them, the S2000 rapes and pillages. Sorry, but what you think you "feel" about one being faster than the other means jack squat.

horroskopes is right...honestly anything can happen...its verry unlikely...the tC can walk a base rsx...that being said, you hafta have serious mods done to your civic to keep up with a tC.
<sigh> instead of typing it all out again, i'll simply re-quote my own post, since apparently the numbers 15.8-16.0 don't mean anything to you when comparing them to a car that runs 15.5-15.7. not to mention the 15.8-16.0 car has probably 15+ more hp, which could put him in the 15.6-15.8 range ideally.
So for your reading enjoyment since you apparently ignored it the first time:
Originally Posted by S2000man01
so a stock tc runs what... 15.5? 15.6? No a civic can't keep up with one, but keep in mind a stock EX can hit 15.8 with the best drivers.

there are also civic EX's that have gotten as much as 20+hp from i/h/e. A quick look at dyno charts and intake/exhaust got one guy to 117 wheel horsepower over stock. (stock being around what... 105 wheel horsepower?)

So stick shift tc vs stick shift ex, even with the extra hp it won't happen so drastically (3 cars) from a roll, unless the guy in the scion started in the wrong gear or is short shifting.

or it's an auto tC vs the ex.
Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
Ok, maybe 1.2 or 1 car, but to say you put 3 cars on a vehicle that runs 15's and your car that runs mid - high 16's...
lol horrorskopes you're killin me! lol. a 5 speed ex STOCK runs 16 flat, including a guy who got a 15.8. so the better drivers run 15.8-16.0.

mid-high 16's is the kind of number a quadrapalegic who fell asleep on the line would run.
Old 03-22-2005
O RLY

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Yes a Civic ex would have to have alot of NA mods to keep up with a stock 5spd TC
is the 15+hp gained from i/h/e really 'a lot' of NA mods?

the tC can walk a base rsx...
the only base RSX you are walking is the auto. and you should walk it. it's a mid 16 second car.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

s2000, i'm not gon argue...ive walked a 5spd rsx...ive walked a 2002 accord coupe with i/e/h. a civic cannot keep up becuz NO i/h/e is not alota of NA mods...not from a stop. from a roll, anything is possible cuz the civic is in its power curve. but from a stop, a civic with those mods will be run by the tC...they would have about the same top end, but the tC would have the inital jump of the line. btw...i have a video of a tC walkin a ls integra wit i/h/e and a civic SI...ran the SI wit ease 3-4 times. i thought everyone swears the SI is faster than the base...anyway, no use arguin wit fanbois

Quick Reply: TC Got Killed Last Night..