Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

My respect for Neons = down the shitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
My respect for Neons = down the *******

ok, well I'm riding in the passenger seat of my friend's 99 ex and we are minding our own business ... we pull out of my complex and start driving down the hill to go get some boba (drink) when this srt4 comes FLYING seriously probably ~70-80 mph up the hill (45 mph zone) ... about a min later, the same srt4 begins to tail us and pulls up next to us at a signal. (he's going straight and we are turning) then I roll down my window (before pulling next to him) and check out his car ... then he has the nerve of an *** and says "hey, you're gay"

holy **** wtf ... that was totally unprovoked. I responded with a "woooo! a neon woooooooo!"

what the ****? srt4 drivers =
Old 10-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
dont let one neon owner make you think all neon owners are like that. i know most neon srt-4 owners are like that (in my area & the forums) but thats how people are when they think their hot ****. (ie: most camaro and mustang owners)

and plus, neons had no respect to start with
Old 10-07-2004
jrk jrk!

PonyChick is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, you never had any respect for neons before did you?
Old 10-07-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
thats ****ed up
race him next time you see him
I'm sure you can smoke his ***
Old 10-07-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
should've just fked with him and winked and blew a kiss at him.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
i would of spit on his car to say the least!! pull out a bat and asked him to repat himself.. thats the funniest had to do that once then they just shut up. my friend has one and is a nice guy, have to say though i woud trade in my vic for one!! really nice and he has ran a 14.2 stock..but most people out here in vegas are as#holes with them
Old 10-07-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
i hate neons to,shoulda killed him.
Old 10-07-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Its not only SRT-4 owners. There are people like that in all types of cars. I encounetered a dude in an old slow *** GTI(basically 2 L GOLF) who thought he was the ****, this dude was giving everyone a hard time.

Just yesterday I was changing my Music cd in my car at a red light and this dude with an impreza rs pulls up next to me. He rips his car and goes way ahead of me changes lanes in front of me I switch to the other lane and I'm driving casually, looking for my music and this dude gets stuck behind a few cars a and I get ahead. Then he cut of this dude and went crazy almost causing an accident. Stupid people are everywhere.

I don't mind if you like to drive fast but please don't endanger other poeple on the road or give them a hard time.
Old 10-07-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
Here is my most recent encounter with an srt-4.

Saturday night driving home from orlando to daytona beach about a 50 min. drive. I was going about 75mph in a 70. So I look in my rearview mirror and i see the bughead lights coming at me. So the srt4 comes up next to me with a guy driving and 2 other guys in it. He revs it up a couple times and I just flick him off. So he goes storming off in a roar of rice only to slow down and get next to me again. As he revs up again I hear a loud bang and then smoking coming out of his exhaust and I see him pulling off to the side of the road. He was probably thinking "I should have bought something better then a neon"
Old 10-07-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^ Roflmfao!!1
Old 10-07-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rofl pwned! but yeah, you shouldn't be surprised about how they act.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

vector4 is an unknown quantity at this point
my last encounter with a 350z was like this....

pulled up next to me at a local hangout, nice guy, was chatting about the car. he asked if i wanted to run for fun so i said sure. he's stock so i have pity on him and leave the nitrous bottle closed. we go over to a local highway and run from a 30 roll, i steady walk 3 cars on him by 110 so figure thats good enough and shut it down.

we head back to the hangout spot and he is sitting in his car and says "nice run damn your car is fast but mine has a nicer interior" so i say "oh yeah let me check it out." I go to get in his car and grab the passenger door handle and when i pull up it comes off in my hand. I am like **** and apologize because i feel bad but hes like dont worry about it the car is still under warranty.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Mischieflts is an unknown quantity at this point
since when did people's comments have *ANYTHING AT ALL* to do with respect you have for cars. that ****ing srt-4 would rape you.... rape i tell you.... it's obvious that fast cars often carry cocky drivers. get used to it. but you shouldn't lose respect for the car, only the driver.

HAHA OMG! i just remember a srt-4 story myself. So me and Joe (buddy who owns a red srt-4) are going down a local street with minimal stoplights. so this black mercedes (it looked like a 2003-2002 year c230 or something like that with Kompressor. I wish i can remember the exact model number) comes whizzing past us as a stoplight ahead turns red. so we pull up next to him and this guy is so god damn gay.. he had a fashon hawk and talked with a lisp and his gay friend, in the passenger seat, he rolls down the window, climbs halfway out and yells, "YOU'RE CAR IS GAY AND SLOW". no later than 3 seconds had passed when the light turned green, as the driver floors it and zooms down the street, joe (with more displacement) takes him off the LINE and OWNS the mercedes without hesitation and without prejudice. it was so ****ing hilarious at first these homosexuals have the audacity to call our faster car gay and slow... then they have the stupidity to follow through and actually TRY and race us. Needless to say, the mercedes lost. But my loss of respect only goes toward the drivers..

Last edited by Mischieflts; 10-07-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
well atleast only his door handle feel off and his engine didnt break... oh well it can be fixed..

So you are a stage 2 and only beat him by 3 car lengths? I would think you would beat him by more.. srt4 is definetly fast for the money, however most owners are little teenages that brag there car is only 20k and with 1.4k in mods can beat the Z or sti or evo. thats why 99% of people dont give any respect to them at all.

But when a couple of them come and interupt our Z meet saying we all suck bc we spent so much we race the stage 3 one and beat him by 20 or so car lengths literaly and as we get out he starts bitching saying we sprayed... we just said nope we are boosted also... gotta love TT with 9lbs of boost pushing 450whp..
Old 10-07-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mischieflts
since when did people's comments have ***ANYTHING AT ALL**** to do with respect you have for cars. that ****ing srt-4 would rape you.... rape i tell you.... but guess what? just cuz a car is fast dont mean the driver is nice. and vise versa.. as you have found out unfortunately. the driver was an *******, but the minute you lose respect for that car you will be crushed!
how does having respect for a car have anything to do with whether I'll win or lose?

according to your story, you sound like another one of those idiot srt4 teen drivers
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I've met a few srt-4 guys that are pretty cool. certain people are just morons. doesnt matter what cars they drive.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

"My respect for neons=down the *******"

Your topic sounds more idiotic than all of my posts put together. Here's my justification..

Your topic implies that somehow because some guy said "hey, you're gay", it gives you the right to come in here and try and put down srt's or their drivers down as a whole.

First of all, since when did the verbal actions of ONE single driver reflect those of the rest of the drivers in the world? Further, since when did the verbal actions of a driver have ANYTHING at all to do with the car? How would you even react if a supercharged CIVIC or an accord or something did the same thing and called you gay. How would you react then? would you go so far as to say your own self-respect has degraded itself because you are riding in a Honda yourself? or that your respect for honda owners as a whole has gone down the *******?

You're asking me " how does having respect for a car have anything to do with wether i'll win or lose".

let me ask you this,

how does having respect for a driver have anything to do with the car?

who are you, to imply that because of 1 guy, you have lost respect for ALL SRT-4 owners in general? that's like picking up a bad apple, spitting it out and assuming all the apples in the world are ****ed up.

im saying that the srt-4 would rape you because you are degrading it because of what some driver said. plain and simple. For all i care, you could have degraded a ferrari, and i would have still said something. the car doesen't make the person, unless you are that shallow and crooked. So get it through your head. I don't own an srt-4. But i would proudly drive one, and I would be damned if someone's gonna judge me because of that car. so **** you

Last edited by Mischieflts; 10-07-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

QUOTED by Mischieflts

"My respect for neons=down the *******"

Your topic sounds more idiotic than all of my posts put together. Here's my justification..

lol so I disagree with you once and all the sudden my topic is "more idiotic than all your posts put together". go back to grade school plz

Your topic implies that somehow because some guy said "hey, you're gay", it gives you the right to come in here and try and put down srt's or their drivers down as a whole.

yup, I have a right to my own opinion. If you don't like it, get out of my thread

First of all, since when did the actions of ONE single driver reflect those of the rest of the drivers in the world? How would you even react if a supercharged CIVIC did the same thing and called you gay. How would you react then??? would you go so far as to say your own self-respect has degraded itself because you are riding in a civic yourself? or that your respect for civic owners as a whole has gone down the *******?

it's not one single driver. I browse around srtforums.com and I read their war stories. They talk **** on all cars like they're nothing. Guess what, you srt4 drivers are all the same.

it's called an UNPROVOKED action. never have I seen or heard about a honda driver, or ANY other driver for the matter, do something like that.

You're asking me " how does having respect for a car have anything to do with wether i'll win or lose".

let me ask you this,

how does having respect for a driver have anything to do with the car?

exactly. you're the one who said if I don't have respect for that car, I'll be crushed. u just owned yourself

who are you, to imply that because of 1 guy, you have lost respect for ALL SRT-4 owners in general?

that's like picking up a bad apple, spitting it out and assuming all the apples in the world are ****ed up.

im saying that the srt-4 would rape you because you are degrading it. plain and simple. For all i care, you could have degraded a ferrari, and i would have still said something. the car doesen't make the person, unless you are that shallow and crooked......

never did I claim my car to be fast, EVER. Not even when it was turbo'ed. So the statement "an srt4 would rape you" is implying that I am conceited about srt4's being slow which I never mentioned or claimed. Get your facts straight. I am speaking about all the condescending attitudes of the srt4 drivers. Would you like me to pick some threads out from srtforums.com and post them to show you what I'm talking about? I would be glad to.
Old 10-07-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
alot of ppl that buy really fast stock cars, like STi's, Evo's and SRT-4's are cocky and look to own someone at every light. Not all of them, but alot of them.
Old 10-07-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
EVERY single srt4 driver I've encountered is the same. There is one around here with a loud exhaust that drives around school revving so everyone can hear his crappy bov and exhaust. They want everyone to notice them. Why? I don't really know. 95% of drivers I've seen are teens that somehow got mommy and daddy to buy them a cheap, fast car.

Might as well put in my latest story. On the way to the last meet with four other vics, a neon srt comes behind me as I'm turning. He's right on my bumper and riding halfway in the other lane to see if I move over. I do, and he flies past me with all his teenie buddies staring me down. What's that about? Yay for him. He beat a civic with 100hp in traffic. Wow he must feel special.
Old 10-07-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
*** srt-4s fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk dodge period
Old 10-07-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Hey, derek.... ten bucks says it was a yellow SRT-4....
Old 10-07-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by ThsUserNmIsDumb
Hey, derek.... ten bucks says it was a yellow SRT-4....
yup it was. that guy is a ****ing moron too. I raced him back when I was turbo'ed ... he tries to **** around with EVERYONE
Old 10-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
theirs a yellow neon srt-4 and a white 350z that lives across each other in my town. i wonder if they argue about whose cars better overnight.

but yeah, dont see why neon srt-4 drivers should be respected in the first place. i bet even the other dosmetic fans dislike those cars/drivers. (not because their fast if anyones gonna argue)
Old 10-08-2004
Registered!!

"yup, I have a right to my own opinion. If you don't like it, get out of my thread"

-as do i. so if YOU dont like it, i believe YOU can go to hell!

"it's not one single driver. I browse around srtforums.com and I read their war stories. They talk **** on all cars like they're nothing. Guess what, you srt4 drivers are all the same."

-yea you're right, because you know the whole WORLD is interconnected with the internet and the chat forums. everyone in the world that has ever owned a dodge, most definately does post in the dodge forums right? yea I didn't think so.. just because a few geeks on the internet have srt-4's and talk ****, accounts for MAYBE about 10% of all srt-4 owners.

"it's called an UNPROVOKED action. never have I seen or heard about a honda driver, or ANY other driver for the matter, do something like that."

-So i guess it means that since YOU have never seen or heard about a honda driver, or any other driver doing something like that, then i guess it doesen't happen? since the world revolves around aznboysrfr, if he doesen't see it, it never happened. good concept!

"exactly. you're the one who said if I don't have respect for that car, I'll be crushed. u just owned yourself"

quote where i said you would be crushed if you didn't respect the car. i said it would rape you. when a car has power, especially more considerable than yours you should respect it but if the driver is a tool then give him the finger. plain and simple.

"never did I claim my car to be fast, EVER. Not even when it was turbo'ed. So the statement "an srt4 would rape you" is implying that I am conceited about srt4's being slow which I never mentioned or claimed. Get your facts straight. I am speaking about all the condescending attitudes of the srt4 drivers. Would you like me to pick some threads out from srtforums.com and post them to show you what I'm talking about? I would be glad to."

Ill just say this, i know you didnt claim your car to be fast. i claimed the srt-4 to be fast, because i know it is and i dont give a **** about your car. i know you know they are fast, but i just cant get over your ignorance towards the whole of a crowd in spite of the actions of a select few. you're just ignorant no matter HOW you look at it. Because you don't even know close to 1/4 of all of the srt-4 drivers in the U.S. so when you say 'im speaking about all the condescending attitudes of the srt4 drivers" is stupid because you obviously don't know ALL of them, oh wise and powerful one. And I don't give a **** about threads of srt-4 owners bashing some other car or something. Because I could go to any subaru, toyota, mitsubishi, honda, or acura forum and get the SAME THING. So dont act like your **** doesen't stink.
Old 10-08-2004

TurboDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point
my take on this crap cocky drivers is really this.. some 16 year old kid sits in his room with and watches FnF with his friends and decides to buy a car thats going to be "fast".. they think they know cars but they really dont know ****.. ie what can be done to the car.. make history,etc.. no real taste just anything that has the most horsepower.. so they take momies money and goes to buy from wherever a salesman can convince him that what hes buying is fast.. anything from mustang to m3 to srt...and thats it.. dumbass that isnt knowlegdeable about anything in cars. gets it in a snap.. and thinks hes the ****.. then there is the respectable car enthusiest, IE 90 percent of this forum.. ppl who research up the *** on thier cars on how they can make their cars for show and/or for go.. upon the researching we realize .. most of us.. that our cars wont be THAT fast if we drop money into them.. but will be enough to attain its daily drivability or any other reason.. thats the difference.. some one with no taste or research compared to someone who researches and appreciates his/her car..
Old 10-08-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
/\/\Argh! I agree with dumb 16 year olds thinking they know EVERYTHING about cars! Here's my story. A few weeks ago i was outside my workplace. I had went to lowes a bought some goof off to shave off the emblems in the back. I'm shaving them off and low and behold here comes a group of little teenagers drooling over my car. (which was cool and all until they started to....talk about cars.) First of all they all thought my car was FAST! It's not. Second they were drooling over the fact that it was a VTEC. Here's how it went:

Kids: "Yo, that's a VTEC, right?"
Me: "Yeah, VTEC-E" (For those of you who don't know what the E means, it's stands for economy or whatever, meaning it's VTEC designed for gas milege, not a horsepower beast like the b seris or H22, or anything k)
Kids: "HOLY SH*T! You DO have a fast car!"
Me:

Blah, so yeah anyways, back to the point of the thread. I agree that most people that buy SRT 4's are pretty cocky. EVERYONE that i've met around here that owns one think they're hot ****! This is the way that i look at it though: They paid around a good $22,000 for a nice 2004 srt. I pay $14,000 for 02 Ex...then $4,00 for a K20a2.....then another $4,000 to boost it. $22,000 2004 Srt 4 Vs. $22,000 02 Ex- boosted K20 swap. That's basically a 14 sec car Vs a 12 sec car. Who's rapping who now!?
Old 10-08-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

QUOTED by Mischieflts

"yup, I have a right to my own opinion. If you don't like it, get out of my thread"

-as do i. so if YOU dont like it, i believe YOU can go to hell!

see this thread? obey it k thx

"it's not one single driver. I browse around srtforums.com and I read their war stories. They talk **** on all cars like they're nothing. Guess what, you srt4 drivers are all the same."

-yea you're right, because you know the whole WORLD is interconnected with the internet and the chat forums. everyone in the world that has ever owned a dodge, most definately does post in the dodge forums right? yea I didn't think so.. just because a few geeks on the internet have srt-4's and talk ****, accounts for MAYBE about 10% of all srt-4 owners.

10%? yes, if you would say that 10% of srt4 owners mods their car, then yes, 10% of the srt4 population is cocky.

"it's called an UNPROVOKED action. never have I seen or heard about a honda driver, or ANY other driver for the matter, do something like that."

-So i guess it means that since YOU have never seen or heard about a honda driver, or any other driver doing something like that, then i guess it doesen't happen? since the world revolves around aznboysrfr, if he doesen't see it, it never happened. good concept!

where did I say it didn't happen? I said I've never seen or heard of it. but I'll take a nice bet that it happens a lot more in the srt4 community than any others. why don't you ever admit you're wrong? just take a look at yourself. putting up such a fight for a useless cause

"exactly. you're the one who said if I don't have respect for that car, I'll be crushed. u just owned yourself"

quote where i said you would be crushed if you didn't respect the car. i said it would rape you. when a car has power, especially more considerable than yours you should respect it but if the driver is a tool then give him the finger. plain and simple.

ok, I'll quote you "since when did people's comments have ***ANYTHING AT ALL**** to do with respect you have for cars. that ****ing srt-4 would rape you.... rape i tell you.... but guess what? just cuz a car is fast dont mean the driver is nice. and vise versa.. as you have found out unfortunately. the driver was an *******, but the minute you lose respect for that car you will be crushed!" ... and is your EXACT quote verbatim. You edit it out at some point. I'm not looking for a flame war, so please leave.

"never did I claim my car to be fast, EVER. Not even when it was turbo'ed. So the statement "an srt4 would rape you" is implying that I am conceited about srt4's being slow which I never mentioned or claimed. Get your facts straight. I am speaking about all the condescending attitudes of the srt4 drivers. Would you like me to pick some threads out from srtforums.com and post them to show you what I'm talking about? I would be glad to."

Ill just say this, i know you didnt claim your car to be fast. i claimed the srt-4 to be fast, because i know it is and i dont give a **** about your car. i know you know they are fast, but i just cant get over your ignorance towards the whole of a crowd in spite of the actions of a select few. you're just ignorant no matter HOW you look at it. Because you don't even know close to 1/4 of all of the srt-4 drivers in the U.S. so when you say 'im speaking about all the condescending attitudes of the srt4 drivers" is stupid because you obviously don't know ALL of them, oh wise and powerful one. And I don't give a **** about threads of srt-4 owners bashing some other car or something. Because I could go to any subaru, toyota, mitsubishi, honda, or acura forum and get the SAME THING. So dont act like your **** doesen't stink.

MY ignorance? look at the people's responses in this post. Don't even call me ignorant, for obviously if you do not see it amongst your own community, you are a true imbecile.

Any subaru, toyota etc forum? ok, they don't talk **** on saleens, corvettes and other such cars.

Please leave before I have to report you.
Old 10-15-2004
Registered!!

Noodlez is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
/\/\Argh!

Blah, so yeah anyways, back to the point of the thread. I agree that most people that buy SRT 4's are pretty cocky. EVERYONE that i've met around here that owns one think they're hot ****! This is the way that i look at it though: They paid around a good $22,000 for a nice 2004 srt. I pay $14,000 for 02 Ex...then $4,00 for a K20a2.....then another $4,000 to boost it. $22,000 2004 Srt 4 Vs. $22,000 02 Ex- boosted K20 swap. That's basically a 14 sec car Vs a 12 sec car. Who's rapping who now!?

Ive met my fair share of cocky civic owners, dont think its just the neon drivers who are cocky most of it is from lack of respect we get for driving a neon when a car that is practically equal gets more praise? even when we pull 12's in first gen neons whats the response? "its still a neon." Dont put labels on other drivers because youll be doing what you say we are doing.

I have nothing but respect for honda products, but i dont get the same respect when it comes to my car. and "if i put this engine in this car for this much itll be 12secs, blah blah blah" whatever if you havent done it dont bring it up because its the most bullshit ricer excuse ever.
Old 10-15-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY!

To anybody that used/uses/ or is going to use the word "fast" meaning. "_____" being "fast" :

What determines a car being fast?......Fast is a relative term.

Quick Reply: My respect for Neons = down the shitter