Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR vs. 1993 Plymouth Acclaim

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR vs. 1993 Plymouth Acclaim

OK so I'm coming home from class down Route 1 and it's empty and I'm thinking what the ****? Anyways I get stopped at a light on a 6 lane and up pulls little brand new EVO MR.

He revvs and revvs and revvs so I look over. Him, girl in passenger seat, both thugged out even though they are white little preppy kids in a car paid with daddy's money.

Light takes forever, no one behind us so I ask if he wants to race. He's like wtf me vs. your piece of ****. I'm like yeppers, trying to act as immature and nerdy as possible. He asks how much money I got on me and I say $5. He says ok I got $50 I'll give you 10 to 1 odds I get to the next light before you. I look, see no traffic in sight, so I agree.

Little Mitsu boy apparently believes that just because my car has half a paint job it must not be fast. After bouncing his revvs off the rev limiter a few times (NOOB!) he drops it into first and spins and spins and spins and spins. Meanwhile I got a good launch and have 3 carlengths by the time he starts rolling. Manual shift to second with a 5 car lead and hit my dead spot in the powerband...for some reason no matter how I tune it, it always is slow at the start of second...he pulls to my door, then goes to what I think is third for him and it drops him back 2 doors before I manual shift into drive again.

The light is now about 100 feet away and I take it by what I would estimate to be about 4 car lengths. He pulls over, hands over the money, and I decide to still not be an *** like I should and I compliment his car and the close race. He asked me to pop the hood but, as always, I don't. Let him guess.

A fun one, glad no one got hurt and I'm glad I won.

OK, now the first 500 people can tell me no streetracing...

(time for a racing camera...MR slaughtered by an Acclaim! )
Old 09-13-2004
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha hell ya man. You showed him up good. How about splittin that 50 with me?
Old 09-13-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
If I gave it to you, how do you think I would pay for more power?
Old 09-13-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
dam i didn;t even know that the MR's were out in the states yet.Nice kill of course.
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I didnt know that AWD cars spin and spin and spin. Hmm?
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

brandon200317 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i have to agree with the post above me, since when do awd vehicles peel out forever and ever. lol also what the hell do you have done to your car that you beat a 250+hp car lol
Old 09-13-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
Most of the time Ill bash someone for street racing but this is too funny. Never underestimate a car that looks like crap. Good kill man.
Old 09-13-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
thats the way to show the noobs!
Old 09-13-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
I didnt know that AWD cars spin and spin and spin. Hmm?
You guys need to do some homework on 4WD and AWD

First and foremost AWD/4WD does not mean no traction problems.

My old 323 GTX had a mechanical AWD system, meaning that power was ALWAYS split 45/55 no matter what! When I launched my Mazda I would just take off, at the risk of breaking something.

The Evo and the STi use a viscous clutch type AWD system, which is more forgiving on the drive line. Im not sure WHY they decided upon this type of AWD but from a dead stop if someone tries to launch the Evo too aggressivly then all the power goes to the rear and it just spins. If you don't launch hard enough you will bog.

So yes, it is possible to spin the tires in an Evo granted the driver has no clue what hes doing
Old 09-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by brandon200317
ya i have to agree with the post above me, since when do awd vehicles peel out forever and ever. lol also what the hell do you have done to your car that you beat a 250+hp car lol
1. first point - evo clutches suck...you can do lots of things with them that you shouldn't be able to do (example: stock evo 7 clutch was good for on average 10 launches before it blew and an aftermarket replacement was needed)

2. the specs on that car are higher than 250

3. yes, if you clutch drop from 5500+ I don't care if you have an 18 wheel drive you are still going to spin...too much power for the wheels to handle, and as a general rule, if you spin the tires one full revolution every revolution after that is easier...which is usually why you get a little skip and go or a full burnout, few times in between (unless you are smart and get out of the throttle)

4. my Acclaim wouldn't be a very effective sleeper if I posted mod lists...let's just say look at my sig...there is a possibility that an engine swap and a supercharger could put a car of its weight into the 10s...
Old 09-13-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Got Boost???

My old 323 GTX had a mechanical AWD system, meaning that power was ALWAYS split 45/55 no matter what! When I launched my Mazda I would just take off, at the risk of breaking something.

The Evo and the STi use a viscous clutch type AWD system, which is more forgiving on the drive line. Im not sure WHY they decided upon this type of AWD but from a dead stop if someone tries to launch the Evo too aggressivly then all the power goes to the rear and it just spins. If you don't launch hard enough you will bog.

So yes, it is possible to spin the tires in an Evo granted the driver has no clue what hes doing
THANK YOU VERY ****ING MUCH...ok now I know there are at least two edumacated people on earth
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

7thGenLX is an unknown quantity at this point
any times on ur acclaim? id really like to know what u have on that thing and im guessing its an auto since u said as i manual shift into drive
Old 09-14-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
funny ****. im suprised the fool pulled over to hand you the money. usually, when something like this happens, the loser just takes off at the next turn or something..

haha that fool loss $50 IN FRONT OF HIS GF TOO
Old 09-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha pwned! That's great and I take it you have an auto
Old 09-14-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
Dang Streetracers.........

Im glad someone else is putting evo's in there place... everyone i know that has one think they are god...
Old 09-14-2004
Banned

yes the car is the 4 speed automatic...I have a four speed manual sitting in my garage but I do not have the time to rip apart the goddamn car to do that right now

I will just go out on a limb here and say that the Acclaim is the second fastest car I own and could possibly have a couple times in the high 10's...it could possibly have a transplanted blown 8 cylinder
Old 09-14-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jttegx
funny ****. im suprised the fool pulled over to hand you the money. usually, when something like this happens, the loser just takes off at the next turn or something..

haha that fool loss $50 IN FRONT OF HIS GF TOO
he was going to just try to make a run for it but his gf apparently owns him and made him pull over...the way she was looking at me I think I could have taken her home

yeah, guys with evos think they are gods
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
an 8 cylinder blown acclaim? That IS the ultimate sleeper I bet you get guys in stock civics and neons trying to race you all the time.
Old 09-14-2004
Banned

I said possibly, shhhh man keep it down it's supposed to be a sleeper...if I go around posting mod lists timeslips and the whatnot that wouldn't be too good

yes, mostly civics and hyundai's/kias with white punks who think they are paul walker (I am white, just not a punk, and not a paul wannabe)

the car might possibly have half a paint job...thank you ****ing plymouth for having 1993 primer problems resulting in a lot of acclaims with chipped paint...half a paint job could make for a very effective hustling car because paint jobs do make cars fast...
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
The MR has a center locking diff.. wont spin like that..
Old 09-14-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
MR is 301hp.... and no its not out in the US yet. You didnt race an MR. there is also an MR fq340 which has 341hp.
I highly dought he bumped off the rev limiter or spun very long. First off the evo MR is rev limited for luanch at 5k due to new computer programing. So no he cannot over rev it simply wont let you...
I think you raced an evo regular.
good kill by the way.. but no way he spun that long. AWD doesnt burntout long.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 09-14-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
So there are now 3 grades of Evo's.

Evo Regular
Evo Midgrade
Evo Premium

Old 09-15-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
MR is 301hp.... and no its not out in the US yet. You didnt race an MR. there is also an MR fq340 which has 341hp.
I highly dought he bumped off the rev limiter or spun very long. First off the evo MR is rev limited for luanch at 5k due to new computer programing. So no he cannot over rev it simply wont let you...
good kill by the way.. but no way he spun that long. AWD doesnt burntout long.
you may have a point about the MR part, that's what I thought too until I saw some badging...if he just MR badged a regular EVO 8 then he is just a loser...I could tell he was bouncing it off the rev limiter because I could hear him do it...

I have a friend with an STi...even with drag radials at all four corners he can still mess up and burnout long long long long long, longer than my FWD Neon lol. AWD does not mean you are a traction god, although that's what most people are thinking nowadays
Old 09-15-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
wow, that is a great kill

somone post this on the evo boards
Old 09-15-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
thats ridiculous. I want your car.
Old 09-16-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
you may have a point about the MR part, that's what I thought too until I saw some badging...if he just MR badged a regular EVO 8 then he is just a loser...I could tell he was bouncing it off the rev limiter because I could hear him do it...

I have a friend with an STi...even with drag radials at all four corners he can still mess up and burnout long long long long long, longer than my FWD Neon lol. AWD does not mean you are a traction god, although that's what most people are thinking nowadays
sounds like a ricer putting MR badges on his car. If you got a real good look at this thing. Did it have an air foil on the top of the rear window? becuase thats how you tell if its a real MR. Also the rims are differnt and the brakes are now fade resistant brembos.
I check mitsu release dates and I have been to the dealer because I want an MR. Their release is more than a couple months away.

there is also many grades of impreza too
impreza
wrx
wrx STi
and in britian to counter the evo Mr fq340
there is a wrx STI WRC = world rally cup edition. with you got it!! the same horsepower as the evo MR fq340
evolutions consist of
evo rs
evo 8
evo MR
evo fq340

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 09-16-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2004
Registered!!

7thGenLX is an unknown quantity at this point
o man i wanna see a vid or a pic of this sleeper acclaim
Old 09-18-2004
Registered!!

xxnoshelterxx is an unknown quantity at this point
the mr that is coming to america only has 276hp, not 300+ and the torque is like 286, check mitsu´s site
Old 09-18-2004
Boobies are my friend!

street300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Got Boost???

There goes spencer trying to show how smart he is.
Old 09-20-2004

Originally Posted by xxnoshelterxx
the mr that is coming to america only has 276hp, not 300+ and the torque is like 286, check mitsu´s site
underated hp if you check the dyno charts in car and driver. You qouted the evo 8 specs.. website is wrong.

Quick Reply: 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR vs. 1993 Plymouth Acclaim