Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Another Benz to the list

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Talking Another Benz to the list

I was driving down Margarite Parkway yesterday at about 10:30 a.m., when the street came to an end at Saddleback Church. So, I turned left onto Highway I18 [El Toro Road], and found myself behind a 1960's Stingray Corvette. We stopped at the next light, and the guy took off. Giving him the respect his car earned him, I just kept my own speed at 60, 65ish. Out of nowhere, this late 80s Mercedes Coupe, complete with a glittery blue paint job and tinted windows, flies by, challenging the Stingray ahead. They went off for a while, and well, I couldn't keep up .

I finally reached them at a red light, and now I could clearly see that the Merc had chrome wheels and two people inside. He starting creeping up as he was "bumpin" to the music; the light turned red, and they were off again. The Stingray started from a roll, then just floored in and burned a bit of rubber, embarrassing the Merc again; however, the real embarrassment was about to come because the Vette turned into a gas station.

With my front bumper almost aligned with the rear of the Benz, we slowly rolled to a red light at about 10 mph. I heard the "bump bump boooooooom" of his rap music getting louder, and decided to go for it when the light turned green. Well, it did while we were still rolling to a halt, so I put it into first [which I learned how to do thanks to another thread on here] and gunned it. I stayed even with him, just a tad bit behind [my bumper at the front of his front wheel], but that changed as soon as I chirped my way into second. At that time, it was a walkfest for me and my civic as I gradually passed by him until about 80 due to traffic ahead. Rest assured, his music was turned down at the next light .

Anyhow, I did my research and believe that Mister Glittery Blue was a 1985 Mercedes 500 SEC. That would be the smallest of the three SEC's offered in the U.S. Unfortunately, he was debadged, so I will never know for sure. The 500 has a 5.0 liter V8 that puts out 231.0 bhp and 299 lb-ft, and was of course auto. I'm not sure about the numbers, so I stand to be corrected. Thanks. Also, 143.48 bhp/ton is the power to weight ratio.
Old 05-02-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
mmmm
a mercedes 300 pulled away from me really hard some time ago. I had no chance, but I guess the 500 are heavier...dunno
Old 05-02-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Isn't that a straight 6? My dad had a 94 E320 which was pretty muscular.
Old 05-02-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
yes, it was a I6
I got him off the line, but once I hit second...he smoked me...