Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

LX auto civic VS black 2001-2003 corolla

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^ it could happen man............ just not #'s alone now = )
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
18" rims on a LX can make it slower then a snail...i speak from experience
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

hooolala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CiViCLiZeD714
18" rims on a LX can make it slower then a snail...i speak from experience
lol... that is soo true.... me and my GF put 17" on our DX and the car is alot slower now then as before with 15"..
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
why is a car with bigger rims slower? doeisnt the outer tire size stay the same overall?
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by ricergribbs
why is a car with bigger rims slower? doeisnt the outer tire size stay the same overall?
because its wider and heavier

regular 17" rims weights about 18lbs per rim + about 22lbs of tires X 4 rims = 160lbs total..

regular 15" wheels weights about 10lbs + about 26lbs of tires X 4 wheels = about 144lbs total.

Last edited by hooolala; 02-20-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
my rims weigh in at 22lbs each ...ah well it stopped me from racing on the streets
Old 02-20-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
that website is ****ed uP! come on guys a sedan faster than a coupe. so I went to motorend magazine and looked. You should too its in reality 16.4 for a civic lx and a corrola ce is 17.3
it destroys it
As for you stupid little crrla S man? its an S
its the same price as an SI!
as an SI!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm SI or corrola... uhh hard choice.
Also I will race you, bring it on! thats if you want to race a modified civic.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 02-20-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

civicmorph is an unknown quantity at this point
um wow all I can say is wow, I post up something that happened, and here u guys flame back and forth...all my intention was to tell u a story that happened to me...a corolla is not a porsche, a ferrari or a lambo, I don't write BS about me beating Corollas LOL. As for all of you that think I BSed about beating one, you can search all the posts that I respond to and start, no where do I make BS up outta my A$$. As Celica said, because he pulled on me and I pulled on him, that corolla guy might've mishifted and I lucked out...especially with my 18inches and ICE in my car. No I'm not saying I hate corollas and never did I say Corollas are sh11ty cars b/c I drive a civic myself...so don't start flaming me just cause I posted an experience that was all up for some pleasure reading...and no where did I state every single details about what he had under the hood and such, I said I was amazed that I won...note: I WAS AMAZED...so there be it, stop flaming and enjoy the dam stories for crying out loud!
Old 02-21-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^ I agree.... need to stop lookin at numbers, flamin, argueing over a civic and a corolla, and just enjoy driving
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteCastle
that website is ****ed uP! come on guys a sedan faster than a coupe. so I went to motorend magazine and looked. You should too its in reality 16.4 for a civic lx and a corrola ce is 17.3
it destroys it
As for you stupid little crrla S man? its an S
its the same price as an SI!
as an SI!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm SI or corrola... uhh hard choice.
Also I will race you, bring it on! thats if you want to race a modified civic.
huh...?? what are you talking about... please do some research before you talk...

how much is a Honda EX?? $16,860
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/hon..._overview.html

Corolla S $14,615 (i bought mine S for 16,800 OTD fully loaded)
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/toy..._overview.html

sure.. i'll race you... where in CA are you??? bring it on...
lets see how does your modified civic compare with my Supercharged Corolla

Last edited by hooolala; 02-21-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a shot at the s/c corrola! can I get down on this?
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by civicmorph
um wow all I can say is wow, I post up something that happened, and here u guys flame back and forth...all my intention was to tell u a story that happened to me...a corolla is not a porsche, a ferrari or a lambo, I don't write BS about me beating Corollas LOL. As for all of you that think I BSed about beating one, you can search all the posts that I respond to and start, no where do I make BS up outta my A$$. As Celica said, because he pulled on me and I pulled on him, that corolla guy might've mishifted and I lucked out...especially with my 18inches and ICE in my car. No I'm not saying I hate corollas and never did I say Corollas are sh11ty cars b/c I drive a civic myself...so don't start flaming me just cause I posted an experience that was all up for some pleasure reading...and no where did I state every single details about what he had under the hood and such, I said I was amazed that I won...note: I WAS AMAZED...so there be it, stop flaming and enjoy the dam stories for crying out loud!
lol~~~ i'm not tring to flame you... like i said in my first post... "either the guy in the corolla don't know how to drive or this story is a BS" ...
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by 00celicagts6spd
I want a shot at the s/c corrola! can I get down on this?
Sure man... i want to race with a GTS too.. i'm in Bay Area.. where are you?

EDIT.. nevermind... i found it.. lol..... i'll race you next time when i go down to LA.. but please be nice to my little corolla... LOL

Last edited by hooolala; 02-21-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

so cal. www.californiaspeedway.com is 2 seconds literally from my house.

I run about 13.9 - 14.0 with just the intake and dr's. what kinda times you running? My header, power FC and tuning will be on and tuned by mid next month so if this don't happen soon I'll be runnin in the 13.5 area.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

I've never seen one of them at the track and I never miss a chance to run new cars. lol
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
^^ I agree.... need to stop lookin at numbers, flamin, argueing over a civic and a corolla, and just enjoy driving
LOL... ok.. i'll stop argueing now....
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ what track times do you run?

also saw the mention of the xrs corolla. kinda sad they detuned the 2zz also with the less aggressive gearing it'll be similar to the 2002 gt-s only with a lil less power. should be able to take an SI though I'd imagine. it would be a close race though.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

so cal. www.californiaspeedway.com is 2 seconds literally from my house.

I run about 13.9 - 14.0 with just the intake and dr's. what kinda times you running? My header, power FC and tuning will be on and tuned by mid next month so if this don't happen soon I'll be runnin in the 13.5 area.
LOL.. i never tested on the track, but belive you will kill me cuz i have an Automatic... cuz my wife won't let me buy a stick...

i hope i can have my TRD cold air intake, Header and full exhuast system put on and dyno tune my Unichip before i race with ya... hopefully DC Sports will have the Header and Exhuast out for Corollas Soon (yes.. you read it right... DC Sports is making parts for Corollas Link)
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ what track times do you run?

also saw the mention of the xrs corolla. kinda sad they detuned the 2zz also with the less aggressive gearing it'll be similar to the 2002 gt-s only with a lil less power. should be able to take an SI though I'd imagine. it would be a close race though.
yea.. Corolla XRS will be coming out on May 1st.. the price will be $18,000, it will have 170HP 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, TRD Springs, stander 4 wheel disc brake with ABS, and alot of new goodies... too bad i already got a corolla.. or else i would buy it..
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ I should have my dc sport header for the GT-S anyday now lol they finally got smart and jumped on the toyota market.

Also keep in mind AEM has signed alot of huge deals with toyota because of the new scion market. AND AEM bought dc sports so its kind of a no brainer why all of a sudden dc is makin toyota stuff. lol
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ very true.... oh.. have you seen the new Scion TC yet?? don't know when that will be out.. looks really cool... Toyota is finally getting smart by coming out all those great new cars.. i just hope they can bring back the Supra, Celica GT-4, or the RWD Corolla..
Old 02-21-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
supercharged corrola really? wow? okay I can wait to bolt on my turbo to race his supercharger, or you can take on my other car
I mean bring it on the fastest you got!
ohh ya my next car if I dont do that stuff will be a scion TC
I LOVE IT>> JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its an awesome car, you seen all **** it comes with for under 20???

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 02-21-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteCastle
supercharged corrola really? wow? okay I can wait to bolt on my turbo to race his supercharger, or you can take on my other car
I mean bring it on the fastest you got!
ohh ya my next car if I dont do that stuff will be a scion TC
I LOVE IT>> JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its an awesome car, you seen all **** it comes with for under 20???
Sure... just look for me on 2003corolla.org when you have your Turbo put on... btw.. i'm not the fastest Corolla around... there is a guy in Oregon has a 03 supercharged Corolla that does 220+WHP.. and a Turbocharged Corolla in LA area that has over 250WHP.. not to mention EL Prototype has a 3S-GTE powered 500+WHP Corolla in their shop (if they are still in business)..

yea.. TC looks sooo good... love that car... can yea.. it's under $20,000
i heard a rumor that Celica will be gone in 2005 cuz TC will take over of it...

my future plan for my car is getting the big bored kit to bored my 1.8L 1ZZ-FE engine to 2.0L.. and getting new forged piston, rods, and new throttle body... then change the supercharged pulley from 6.5 lbs to 18 lbs.. and have toysport to custom made an intercooler, that should take my car over 300hp.. BUT... still saving up.. no money now since i just got marry this passed weekend... lol...

Last edited by hooolala; 02-21-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

the scion TC sint gonna replace the celica it might change a bit, but looks like it's gonna be here throgh 2006. thats what i've heard so far.

s/c tc is gonna have 200 hp from the factory and weigh in around 2800 lbs. not a bad setup.

I believe its the tundra thats gonna get a face lift for 2005 also.

check our team website www.ds-r.com we have a post about it. we have inside connections at toyota so we get all the cool info before anyone else
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
yea.. Corolla XRS will be coming out on May 1st.. the price will be $18,000, it will have 170HP 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, TRD Springs, stander 4 wheel disc brake with ABS, and alot of new goodies... too bad i already got a corolla.. or else i would buy it
hmm, it can't help but be better than the other 170hp 6 speed car out there. if they make a RWD econobox, maybe i'd consider a corolla, but in this age of fuel economy i don't like the odds. price is good there for a toyota, esp. with toyota's factory aftermarket (compared to honda's)

i don't think 4 wheel disc brakes are that great though, except for looks.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ they work awesome on my car. 50x better stopping with my car vs her civic.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

^^ yep.. my rear disc coversion works really good on my corolla.. alot better braking power then before..
Old 02-21-2004
Back From The Banned!

hmm.... rear disk brake conversion (as I recall) dont really help too much on the Civic..... is there a kit? or did you swap it out for MR-S brakes (or some other car)?
Old 02-22-2004

I say you dont need new brakes until you get a really fast car. Boost and spray first. Than worry about brakes
Old 02-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
hmm.... rear disk brake conversion (as I recall) dont really help too much on the Civic..... is there a kit? or did you swap it out for MR-S brakes (or some other car)?
it's a kit for both matrix and corolla (same wheel base)... check out my car at cardomain

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hooolala

i got the rear disc conversion kit because i have the supercharger on my car...

Last edited by hooolala; 02-22-2004 at 02:46 AM.

Quick Reply: LX auto civic VS black 2001-2003 corolla