Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mInImE is an unknown quantity at this point
2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

My friend and I race all the time his main goal is to beat me. We first started out stock vs stock I pulled on him so bad I would let off for him to keep up wasnt even a race. now he has put about every extra dollar he has in his 89 accord lx with over 100,000 miles on it. here is a list of what we did:

• Engine/Tranny: 2.0L SOHC Carb'd A20A (stock engine)

• Mods: Weber 32/36 DGEV, Delta Camshaft, Pacesetter Header w/ Downpipe, Carsound HighFlow Cat, Biohazard Racing Muffler, Accel Superstock Coil.

I have a 2k1 Hx all I did to the engine so far is CAI/Exhaust..

We recently just raced and now he is only about a car length behind me. His car may look like complete crap but it is quick. Now he wants the Zex system..lol
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

NaHoOnEyYa is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe the 89 accords didn't even have 100 HP....pretty sad huh..
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NaHoOnEyYa
i believe the 89 accords didn't even have 100 HP....pretty sad huh..

ya...and does this guy just really love that car??...if he wants it faster, try starting with alittle nicer honda
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

stock 98hp but he has built that car up nice too bad it isnt going to last..his engine is making funny noises now..not too much longer I think.
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by mInImE
stock 98hp but he has built that car up nice too bad it isnt going to last..his engine is making funny noises now..not too much longer I think.

that sucks....so run a huge shot of nos on the engine and finish it off
Old 09-10-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
My friend has a 91 integra ls with nothing else but a 50 shot of nitrous. His car has over 170 thousand miles on it, so I guess your friend's gonna be ok too.
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
my sister owned a 89 Honda Accord LXi (4dr)...in my opinion that thing was quicker then our cars...maybe because in 1999 it still had 24K miles on it...LOL
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
oh god, why do people with such crappy cars think they can make it fast. I had a V6 Oldsmobile 1991 140HP in no way in hell did I think that thing could ever be fast.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Diemos
oh god, why do people with such crappy cars think they can make it fast.

hahaha...i think people think they can turn any car into a sleeper... but don't realize how much it takes...
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

yea I make fun of him for having such a ugly car. he has some pics of his car on sicracing.com
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
i had a 89 lx and those where slow as hell especially the lx which has a 2.0 carb engine. The lxi though had a fuel injected motor which you can do a litlle more too.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

yea he has the lx with the weber carb made a huge difference, just too much timing and adjustment goes into those carbs..
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
curbsquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by PrcCivic
that sucks....so run a huge shot of nos on the engine and finish it off
that would be sweet. haha
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by mInImE
yea I make fun of him for having such a ugly car. he has some pics of his car on sicracing.com
Damn dude, that is the worlds ugliest car i think. ...its even worse that he took the hub caps off....i hate when people do that, what they think they are rolling on sweet *** black rims??...no, they are the stock steelies....

Last edited by PrcCivic; 09-11-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

accord is an unknown quantity at this point
2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

ya...and does this guy just really love that car??...if he wants it faster, try starting with alittle nicer honda

A little nicer honda?!?? its an LX you dumbass its the luxury sedan for that year you cant get any nicer besides the Sei. idiot!
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Re: 2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

Originally posted by accord
A little nicer honda?!?? its an LX you dumbass its the luxury sedan for that year you cant get any nicer besides the Sei. idiot!

Hey retard...first off who do u think u are walking in and talking crap u know nothing about....secondly, what i meant by a nicer honda was like sell the pos he is driving and get a later year, maybe an 92-95 hatch or coupe or even newer than that.....not a nicer MODEL of that pos accord cause i know he has the nicer MODEL.....your the idiot
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

Damn dude, that is the worlds ugliest car i think. ...its even worse that he took the hub caps off....i hate when people do that, what they think they are rolling on sweet *** black rims??...no, they are the stock steelies....
i dont think its the worlds ugliest ive seen a lot uglier!!! (especially your mom) back to cars though i didnt take the hubcaps off because i wanted to "roll on sweet *** black rims" I DIDNT LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE STOCK HUBCAPS!!! and im not going to spend my money on appearance until i get under the under hood the way i want it! Im not a ricer *** bitch that puts all kinds of time ricing the car out and is still slow as ****. Ill beat any stock civic except the SI so if anyone wants some let me know minime can get a hold of me. so stop being a ****head :flip:
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

oh god, why do people with such crappy cars think they can make it fast. I had a V6 Oldsmobile 1991 140HP in no way in hell did I think that thing could ever be fast.

Its a honda you ****. it has a lot of potential the engine in it is stronger that any ****ing civic engine.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

i dont think its the worlds ugliest ive seen a lot uglier!!! (especially your mom) back to cars though i didnt take the hubcaps off because i wanted to "roll on sweet *** black rims" I DIDNT LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE STOCK HUBCAPS!!! and im not going to spend my money on appearance until i get under the under hood the way i want it! Im not a ricer *** bitch that puts all kinds of time ricing the car out and is still slow as ****. Ill beat any stock civic except the SI so if anyone wants some let me know minime can get a hold of me. so stop being a ****head :flip:
Hahaha....i knew u had to be the car owner...First off i didn't directly say that you took off the hub caps to be like all the other ricer b*tches out there, i was just simply stating a point...so don't get your panties in a bundle...jeezz....and continuing on your car, thats cool if u wanna take that car and mod it and walk around saying that your car can beat "all stock civics," thats your car so thats cool thats what u wanna do..i was just simply stating that you might have better luck if u start with alittle better honda...
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

and i didnt have my mommy and daddy buy me a 01 civic!! i had to do the best with what i got. you know this is the first message board that i have ever seen you have to get a permission slip to join if your under 13 LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! thats funny *** ****.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

and i didnt have my mommy and daddy buy me a 01 civic!! i had to do the best with what i got. you know this is the first message board that i have ever seen you have to get a permission slip to join if your under 13 LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! thats funny *** ****.
Your point?
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

my point is that i dont care about what a bunch of little kids have to say about my car. did you get a permission slip from your parents to just hate on and flame my car? the point is on the top or your head.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point

LMFAO. You are the guy with the old accord arent you? LOL there is nothing luxury about 96 Horsepower, I will tell you that right now. And in regards to the 89 accord? Even if you do get it moving fast, no body kit in the world is going to save you from the laughter you will incur.

And in regards to the spoiled brat comment. I paid for my car 3500 DOWN that I saved, and I pay 230 a month car payment for 5 ****in years. I also pay my insurance which is 180 dollars a month, and gasoline, and my college tuition, and books. I work ****in 40 hours a week, and goto school the remainder of the time and dont sit on my *** and pretend my car is going to be fast just because its a honda, and the honda's in the fast and the furious were fast so my 89 LX ****in ACCORD can be too! YAY! So before you make stereotypes get a ****in clue. Atleast we arent a ****ing dumb *** who thinks his carborated 89 LX accord is luxury

*flame ended*

Last edited by Diemos; 09-11-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Re: Re: 2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

LMFAO. You are the guy with the old accord arent you? LOL there is nothing luxury about 96 Horsepower, I will tell you that right now. And in regards to the 89 accord? Even if you do get it moving fast, no body kit in the world is going to save you from the laughter you will incur.

good call
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

98 horsepower stock trust me im pushing well over that now. bring your little ****ing civic on ill race that **** and as for a body kit i dont want one. and you can laugh all you want at my tailights thats all your gonna see anyways. unless youve got some mods done aint no civic gonna stand a chance. and i do know what im talking about because ive raced many of them. so bring your **** on if you wanna get dealt with.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

oh and i didnt say that 98 hp was a luxury im simply stating that my accord is the best they made that year except for the sei. if i were you i would get a better honda than a civic. like say an s2000 or something. civics are slow just stock.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

bitches
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

this looks way tighter than any ****ing civic: http://www.streetrays.com/modules.ph...rder=0&thold=0
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

DXHATCHBACK is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are all idiots! the A20 engine is the strongest engine ever made by Honda...

the 3rd gen Accord made the CAR and Driver 10 best list, why didnt the Civic??

the 3Gen Accord is the best!!!!!! its sooo much faster than the Civic

Travis
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx

oh whats that? no reply?

7thgen civic=owned by the accord.

i think you should close this thread so you guys arent humiliated even more!!!

ha ha ha ha

permission slips!!!

ha ha ha ha

Quick Reply: 2k1 HX vs 89 Accord lx