Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRS1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question who would win?

My cousin wants to race me, he has a 97 Civic dx m/t. I have a 02 Civic dx m/t.
Who would win?

97 Civic DX m/t mods: Carbon Fiber Hood, 16in Rota Slipstreams, 2.25 catback exhaust with no cat and no resonator, header, CAI, camshaft, cam gears, pulleys, short shifter, and a couple of other mods that won't really help in a race.

02 Civic DX m/t mods: 2.25 catback exhaust, CAI, 16in Rota Slipstreams and a couple other useless mods.

i think he will win but, i just want to see what you guys think. We are both decent drivers and have about the same skill.
Old 08-08-2003
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Well you have to remember that while he may have more mods, you started with more power and torque.

Hood: Well his CF hood will barly do anything for performance.

Tires: You both have the same tires so your equal there

Exhaust: While he may have a less restrictive exhaust, 2.5" exhaust isn't restrictive to begin with so removing the cat and resonator won't help him much. He's got you on the header but the gains he has so far still aren't enough to beat you.

Camshaft: Depending on if its an actual performance cam, or some shiny reground replacement cam. If its an actual performance cam then i think he might get ya.

Cam Gears: Unless he actually took the time to advance/retard his timing then this is a worthless mod

Pulleys: Again hes got you here but his gains won't be much

Intake: While you both have a CAI his stock intake piping was extremely restrictive so he might have gotten a bit more power than you depending on the brand you chose.

Also which dx does he have? hatchback, coupe or sedan?? It will be close if he has a coupe oe sedan but if he has a hatchback then i think he'll win simply cause those things are f*ckin light.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

aznrj is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the first one to the finish line would win...hmmm.. maybe not...but just maybe..hmmm.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the 97, but its all in the driver. Good luck with the turnout.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
97 dx probably responds better to mods too. But it'll be close and probably the better driver will win.
Old 08-09-2003
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Hmm... I think the older Civic will win. I might be wrong but doesnt removing the cat make the exhaust and header respond even better?
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

JRS1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i think he did get a performance cam and he did retard the timing for the cam gears. i think he will win but it might be a close race
Old 08-10-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
retarding the timing moves the powerband up in the RPM range, and not having a cat or resonator makes for really low backpressure so he has lost whatever low end he might have had. race him from a stop and you might have a chance, but i wouldnt race from a roll.