Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Some Kills *VIDEOS* and Track Time....*update time slip on PG. 4*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003
Just Be

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MangoEX should not be trusted
Ouch. Watch your Arms spdrcrchick hahaha. Yes, and a lot of race tracks, N20 is unpermitted. It reminds me of those video games.. whats it called? That one on PS2 that plays in a map of LA, anyway it reminds me of when you have a certain amount of "boost" and you only have like 3 seconds of it. When I play those games with my friends, soemtimes they use "codes" for infinite "boost". Sure it's fun, but it takes away from the driver's ability to make the most out of his car w/o any means of (I'll use "car talk" here) forced induction.
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

94civicsedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm I guess if they knew you had nitrous or if you didnt bullshit them, then I guess the races would be fair. Sucks when people lie about what they dont have.
Old 07-27-2003
Just Be

Or, *not permitted, rather
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

mikedarippa is an unknown quantity at this point
well i know the peeps that ran on the video , and everyone knew each others mods . so no cheating or decieving involved. blah and bukake in your face boi
Old 07-27-2003
Just Be

Right.

When we can actually understand what you're saying, you are welcome back. Until then, it's picture books for you.
Old 07-28-2003
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 94civicsedan
Hmm I guess if they knew you had nitrous or if you didnt bullshit them, then I guess the races would be fair. Sucks when people lie about what they dont have.
OMG when will you people understand!!!!

I DID NOT SPRAY ON THE 6thGEN and the 7thGEN 3 way RACE!!!!!

GEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!

AND in addition....yes the mini cooper knew i was spraying. He's got a supercharger so the race was fair....F.I. vs. F.I.!!!! HEEEEEE wanted to do it regardless!!!!!!

I don't lie about what i have. People ask me...i'm honest. Like i said a crap load of times...i don't ALWAYS spray. If i need it to match HP and/or F.I. I'll do it. Otherwise i wont. I don't have to lie about what i have. Pretty much everyone around here knows already. If someone asks me not to spray...then i wont spray. I don't lie and i don't cheat.

READ PEOPLE!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003
Raceway Park Track Tech.

LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
nice vids and it all good racing
Old 07-28-2003
BOOST JUNKY

thanks.

and i cant believe u guys don;t know what bukkake is? LoL
Old 07-28-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
ew bukkake
Old 07-28-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Nice vids SpdRcrChk...
Old 07-28-2003
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MangoEX
Sure it's fun, but it takes away from the driver's ability to make the most out of his car w/o any means of (I'll use "car talk" here) forced induction.

so are turbos and superchargers cheating....i mean its just another way to race. Some can go the n/a route others go the forced induction route....whats your problem buddy!!??

OK note to EVERYONE OUT THERE USING NITROUS, TURBO, OR S/C,.....MangoEx says its cheating so sell your gear and go n/a....

wait a minute then buddy.....your saying its unfair to go forced?? So then shouldnt it be unfair for different displacement cars to race eachother???? From now on all cars will be 2.2 L no more 1.6-1.7 civics....and no mor 5.0's....all 2.2 cause thats the only fair way.

hey buddy why dont you grow up and realize there's more than one way to try and get the most out of your ride. I mean if your talking about going the more technical route of cams, pistons, port and polishing...that stuffs all good too....but why cant you do that AND nitrous

i mean if both are running nitrous and ones got more other mods than he'll win...cause he's gotten more out of his care...... now if you excuse me i feel you are a punk *** so i'm gunna leave now and continue laughing at you . Good day foo
Old 07-28-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
nice videos
coolio!
Old 07-28-2003
Just Be

Originally posted by 02civic
so are turbos and superchargers cheating....i mean its just another way to race. Some can go the n/a route others go the forced induction route....whats your problem buddy!!??

OK note to EVERYONE OUT THERE USING NITROUS, TURBO, OR S/C,.....MangoEx says its cheating so sell your gear and go n/a....

wait a minute then buddy.....your saying its unfair to go forced?? So then shouldnt it be unfair for different displacement cars to race eachother???? From now on all cars will be 2.2 L no more 1.6-1.7 civics....and no mor 5.0's....all 2.2 cause thats the only fair way.

hey buddy why dont you grow up and realize there's more than one way to try and get the most out of your ride. I mean if your talking about going the more technical route of cams, pistons, port and polishing...that stuffs all good too....but why cant you do that AND nitrous

i mean if both are running nitrous and ones got more other mods than he'll win...cause he's gotten more out of his care...... now if you excuse me i feel you are a punk *** so i'm gunna leave now and continue laughing at you . Good day foo
Two words for you -- F V C K Y O U.

Looks like you're the only one laughing.

Good day.
Old 07-28-2003
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Two words for you -- F V C K Y O U.

Looks like you're the only one laughing.

Good day.

whats the problem man, i'm just letting you know that you're being dumb with your misconceptions about nitrous....go back to big blocks if you think the only way to race is n/a! And if you're gunna try debating you should try and back up your 'ish with some reasonable points, cause you didnt make one. Maybe i am the only one laughing...but you're definately worth laughing at.
Old 07-29-2003
Just Be

Ask SpdRcrChick -- she should clarify things.

Now leave me alone, "Senior Member".
Old 07-29-2003
Just Be

Please tell me where I EVER said the only way to race is N/A. I simply said (in a nutshell) if you're going to race car of similar class/power ratings, and one car has any kind of MAJOR advantage like FI, then it isn't really anything to speak of if two guys, for example, raced two S2000s, one blown and the other stock, and then have the driver of the S/C S2000 act all bad ***. Power is POWER, no matter how you get it. I would of made the same argument if both cars were N/A, but one engine was balanced/blueprinted etc etc, and the other stock.

My understanding was that she was SPRAYING with the race vs the 1.6... but I talked to her and found out she wasn't. But I still think the bottle is a waste of time/money. I mean how often (given you race twice a week) do you have to refill the thing? It isn't as permanent as say... a turbocharger/supercharger.
Old 07-29-2003
BOOST JUNKY

I dont refilll the bottle that often actually. And Mango was right....he didnt say n/a was the only way to race. He thought i had sprayed on the 1.6 and the other 7thgen when in fact i didn't.
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

SaiyanMatador is an unknown quantity at this point
so u got some ghetto booty, and attitude, i wonder how well u actually race without sprayin. not to dog on ur or anything, but racings fun, id like to see u race in person, or anyone on here for that matter. its hard to believe half of anyones word on here.
Old 07-29-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by SaiyanMatador
so u got some ghetto booty, and attitude, i wonder how well u actually race without sprayin. not to dog on ur or anything, but racings fun, id like to see u race in person, or anyone on here for that matter. its hard to believe half of anyones word on here.
LoL I know what you mean.

But this is why i post the VIDEOS. So you can see for your selves.

There are THREE videos in total on my original post. The very first one is me racing WITHOUT USING N2O. And the other two are with me using the n2o. SO there you go. Proof of WITH and WITHOUT. And u are more than welcome to see me racing in person if you ever come to Miami. But i think the videos give u a pretty good idea.....the first one is me racing without N2O. The second is me racing WITH n2o. And the last one is also with n2o...but it's filmed from INSIDE the car.

You can't see my legs or hand shifting....but if you are really wondering...I QUICK SHIFT my gears....not power shift. And if you're wonderin' how i race without sprayin....then watch the first vid. But just to let you know..i don't LOSE skill by spraying. If anything racing on spray requires one to be a little more cautious as far as gear shifting and rev's go.
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SpdRcrChk
Yeah the fact that you started your post with "not tryin to hate" means you're hating.

Get this...you are pretty ignorant if you think n2o consists of "just pressing a button". If you think it's that easy...then turbo and s/c would be as easy as just "steppin on the gas".

Telling me to grow up and race without a bottle...is total b/s. I DO race n/a ....FYI. But that's not the point. N2O is just as valid a form of forced induction as any other form. Just because the rumor has it that it's easy to use...doesnt mean sh*t. Mis-shift on n2o..you're f*cked. Lean out....not enough fuel (kinda like turbo) your f*cked, try launching with n2o... a little harder than with turbo why? Cuz you need to learn more control.....not just sit there and wait for the turbo to spool up. Over-rev on n2o...you're screwed too. No power shifting either boys....learn to quick shift or get rid of it and don't drive at all. Got it? If it's artificial.....then how come so many PROFESSIONAL people use it eh? Do you're research and learn a little more about n2o setups and you'll see it takes just as much work and skill to use it.

Thanks for the compliment on the driving....but you messed it up with your whole little "grow up" comment. I'm prolly #1 more mature than you, and #2 been in the scene longer (notice i said probably). I've had a turbo-charged car before, i've worked on an n/a car before...so i wanted to try n2o and u know what.....most misconceptions and ignorant comments like the ones you made are just that....misconceived and ignorant.

very very well said post. You should strap some slicks on that car, it has the trap speed for a 13 second car.
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

Ouch. Watch your Arms spdrcrchick hahaha. Yes, and a lot of race tracks, N20 is unpermitted. It reminds me of those video games.. whats it called? That one on PS2 that plays in a map of LA, anyway it reminds me of when you have a certain amount of "boost" and you only have like 3 seconds of it. When I play those games with my friends, soemtimes they use "codes" for infinite "boost". Sure it's fun, but it takes away from the driver's ability to make the most out of his car w/o any means of (I'll use "car talk" here) forced induction.
You tell me what drag race track does not permit nitrous if you have all the necessary safety modifications to the kit.

Please know what your talking about when it comes to nitrous, if not just stay on the sideline
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

I mean how often (given you race twice a week) do you have to refill the thing? It isn't as permanent as say... a turbocharger/supercharger.
About once a month if you used those few times. A 10lb bottle is good for 15 full 1st through 4th gear 1/4 mile passes. A refill depending on your area is about 30 dollars.

dollar for dollar the value cannot be beaten.

Not a bad investment for $600
Old 07-29-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Thanks PLAT.....i actually got that time on Drag Radials....but i'm pretty sure it can be improved upon by launching at just a little higher of an RPM. And you're right...i don't fill up ALOT.

Round here an entire 10lb. bottle fill costs $20.00...but i've heard there are even cheaper places. That's just the nearest one to my house.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

flash0517 is an unknown quantity at this point
speed are you that one blue civic that raced a couple of weeks back at moroso?
Old 07-30-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Yes actually I am.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

flash0517 is an unknown quantity at this point
i could have sworn you ran a 19 something. i know my eyes arent playing tricks on me. i also remember that you raced another 7th gen civic i think it was green with decals and a kit. (that green civic was the nicest 7th gen civic i have ever seen) but anyways, was that the race where you ran a 14.7 or was it another one? i remember seeing both of you guys line up but never really got around the bleachers to catch the time. if so can you tell me what the green civic ran too? thanks
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrazyCakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybee you already said but what kind of set up are you running? Window switch, WOT, Fuel pressure??? I am realy thinking of going nitrous but i am sort of worried cause this is my daily driver and i don't wanna blow it up.
Old 07-31-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by flash0517
i could have sworn you ran a 19 something. i know my eyes arent playing tricks on me. i also remember that you raced another 7th gen civic i think it was green with decals and a kit. (that green civic was the nicest 7th gen civic i have ever seen) but anyways, was that the race where you ran a 14.7 or was it another one? i remember seeing both of you guys line up but never really got around the bleachers to catch the time. if so can you tell me what the green civic ran too? thanks
The 19 sec. pass was my very first pass ever on n2o. I spend a good couple seconds at that line spinning tire if you remember correctly and then bogged out.

The last pass of the nite WAS indeed against that Green Civic with the ricer graphics and altezza's lease:

I don't know what his best run was that night. But I have the time slip from my run against him that night and my pass was a 14.7 and his was a 15.4

I should have the time slip hosted later this afternoon and i will post it.
Old 07-31-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Here's the time slip:

Old 08-01-2003
Just Be

Very nice. Props.

Quick Reply: Some Kills *VIDEOS* and Track Time....*update time slip on PG. 4*