Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Preludes........

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Preludes........

It's the question I have to ask...everywhere I go and all these people I see rave on the honda Prelude, h22a's and all that. They talk like the Lude is the fastest car they have ever seen, this does include folks that have them of course, the point is does anyone have any infor on what their specs or the 1/4 mile times are? I am just interested to see how a car that is over the 3000 pound mark with a non turbo, most around here non v-tec non sprayed engine could hope to take on a car like the 02 F Bodies or even the 02 Mustang Gt's.....

Old 07-20-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
They are fast. Not in the 1/4 mile though. Off the line they are slow, but in the long run they can move. I think they are mid to low 15 second cars. Don't quote me on that though.
Old 07-20-2003
YES
Banned

YES is an unknown quantity at this point
ya...um...just as a heads up 15 secs is still pathetic for a car (if you look at all cars, not just hondas)
Old 07-20-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanted a prelude instead of my 4 door civic...but all i hear about preludes nowadays are that they are slow...unless u supercharge it
Old 07-20-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Its not that they are slow, it that they are heavy. Thus the reason they are slow off of the line. Not till top of second gear do they come in strong.
Old 07-20-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i talked to a guy last night with a 2001 prelude, turbo, all the extra, said it dynod at 387 to the wheels, but he said the best he could run in the quarter is a 14.0. he said that was on stock steelies, that he smoked the tires all the way down, but if he could get the tires to hook up he says he could run 11's. i dont know about all that, but his engine was amazing
Old 07-20-2003
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Well, H22A has potential... ppl rave about it b/c they want to stuff 1 in their Civic hatches. But it's not exactly meant to be an all out race car. Like the meaning of prelude, it's supposed to show the public what Honda has up it's sleeves in terms of technology. Such as ATTS and 4 wheel steering. It's fast compared to a stock Civic, but for the price, there are better out there.
Old 07-21-2003
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend has an 01 auto and its pretty slow, but hes getting intake, headers, and exhaust installed right now, it should quicken it up a bit
Old 07-21-2003
YES
Banned

YES is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 01WingsWestCivic
i talked to a guy last night with a 2001 prelude, turbo, all the extra, said it dynod at 387 to the wheels, but he said the best he could run in the quarter is a 14.0. he said that was on stock steelies, that he smoked the tires all the way down, but if he could get the tires to hook up he says he could run 11's. i dont know about all that, but his engine was amazing
ya they are called "slicks". if he is burning though the 1/4 then tell him to ease up on the gas till he gets traction.
Old 07-21-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with YES, if he's spinning the wheels all the way donw the track,then hes not going as fast as he could be, if he were to just ease of the gas a little. (Some times going slower is really faster).
Old 07-21-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
my brothers 92 SI is ****in quick...and its a Auto SI at that...he has the I/H/E combo with some other mods...hopefully people around here can distinguish a stock lude from an SI lude, kuz u don't wanna **** wit a H23....
Old 07-21-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
its like that with the dsm crowd too.. they think they are the Beat all fastest cars on the market.. after u mod of course.. but i just dont like that mindset
Old 07-22-2003
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WannaBFast
its like that with the dsm crowd too.. they think they are the Beat all fastest cars on the market.. after u mod of course.. but i just dont like that mindset
It's like that with every crowd. RSX owners, WRX owners, Si owners... a lot of people claim to have the "beat all fastest cars".
Old 07-22-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by YES
ya they are called "slicks". if he is burning though the 1/4 then tell him to ease up on the gas till he gets traction.
yeah i know theyre called slicks and im sure he does too, i didnt say i knew the kid, just what i mentioned above, and im sure he knows how to drive.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
i know preludes come with the H22. my cus in the philippines has an orange 6 generation civic 4 door SiR and its got a H22 in it that came factory. i was amazed when i saw it
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
im sorry to burst your bubble but that car does not have a h22 in it, you could tell because the h22 will sit a little further back than a b16, and the valve cover is different, and the headers. if he tells you that he has a h22 hes lying. that pic looks more like a b16 or b18c cause of the intake manifold, the valve cover, and yadda yadda yadda. and to what i know civics never came with a h22 from the factory anywhere in the world. if im wrong on any of this information im sorry in advanced.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by d17a2outlaw
im sorry to burst your bubble but that car does not have a h22 in it, you could tell because the h22 will sit a little further back than a b16, and the valve cover is different, and the headers. if he tells you that he has a h22 hes lying. that pic looks more like a b16 or b18c cause of the intake manifold, the valve cover, and yadda yadda yadda. and to what i know civics never came with a h22 from the factory anywhere in the world. if im wrong on any of this information im sorry in advanced.
oh sorry forgot to mention .....That civic in that pic isnt my cuz civic its some random guy's car that was a SiR and had the same color. I was in the philippines last summer and i popped the hood of his car and it deff said H22 i rememberd this cus i was thinkin " WHAT THE HELL" plus at that point in time ive never heard of an H22 engine untill i got back to the states and found out that they are in preludes.ill see if i can get him to take a pic of his car and send me the pictures. ill post them here once i get them. ill hook u up with a pic too.
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Thanks for that info all, and I was surprised to see someone mentio the h23, but back to ludes, I saw on a site that it's peak hp/torque was the 97 Jdm? Lude 220/163 the one think I wonder is why go back to 200hp/161lb in later years?
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
i know a guy over seas that has a prelude...dumped 10 grand in NA mods...gave up 215whp in the end....kind of pathetic compared to the K20A2. 10 grand on monds for the K20A2 can push around 500whp with FI, and probably around 350whp with NA mods. Of course that prelude pushes and holds a 200 shot of NOS. Still, the H22's dont have that much potential. Its a good motor to start with cause of the strong VTEC, and the 200hp, and high torque level...but a GSR motor could surpass that motor easy with a few more mods. Give me a K20A2 any day over a H22...oh wait, i have a K20A2 thats going in my car...
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with what people have been saying about how preludes are not the fastest car out there by any means...but they are fairly quick cars....and yes they are slow as hell from a stand but on rolling races and such they hall ***....i would mind having one, all u need to do is turbo them...
Old 08-12-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
or supercharge them...
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

I drove a Lude a while back at my car dealer's it had an i/h/e and like everyone has said it was **** from a stop, though the vtec hit major hard, it just wasnt enough to make up for the weak power pre 4500 rpms for me
Old 12-15-2003
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i drove my friends 01 lude. i liked it an all seeing as its faster than my civic, but man off the line its just horrible. He let me run it at the track a few times and the best i could do was a 15 flat. all he has is a upgraded clutch. i think he's pulling high 14's now but im not sure.
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

NaHoOnEyYa is an unknown quantity at this point
H22's are bulletproof! they'll never break down on you! plus those engines sound sooo nice, especially when the v-tec kicks in!
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

RiceRiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Im thinkin about doin an H-22 conversion in my 01 civic. Do you think it would be worth the money to do so or would it be a waste of my money? If not then what would be a suggestion for an engine conversion?
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

HotDamnItsDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RiceRiley
Im thinkin about doin an H-22 conversion in my 01 civic. Do you think it would be worth the money to do so or would it be a waste of my money? If not then what would be a suggestion for an engine conversion?
Why bother with the Prelude engine? The K20 engines are better and it'll be much cheaper to swap it in.
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly theres a vendor on this site D-H racing. They have all kinds of good parts for the d-17 and they also have fully built swaps available. do a search or check the performance mods forum!
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle
i know a guy over seas that has a prelude...dumped 10 grand in NA mods...gave up 215whp in the end....kind of pathetic compared to the K20A2. 10 grand on monds for the K20A2 can push around 500whp with FI, and probably around 350whp with NA mods. Of course that prelude pushes and holds a 200 shot of NOS. Still, the H22's dont have that much potential. Its a good motor to start with cause of the strong VTEC, and the 200hp, and high torque level...but a GSR motor could surpass that motor easy with a few more mods. Give me a K20A2 any day over a H22...oh wait, i have a K20A2 thats going in my car...
I find it hard to believe that the guy dumped 10gs on a lude and only got 215whp. i mean I have an accordv6 with i/e/h/pullies/cams and i know once i get a vafc and tune my car...ill be seeing numbers very close 195-200whp with basic bolt-ons. And guess what...i only spent around $2500 on bolt-ons. Getting my car a vafc and dyno tune is only going to cost another 5bills. The lude should have more potential than my car so getting an extra 15whp is not hard and shouldn't cost that much. I don't know about 10gs man...sounds a bit too pricey.
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ maybe the guy got ripped off. lol coulda turboed it for that price.
Old 12-18-2003
I can resist everything except temptation.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't do a H-22, personally i think they are fast, but not worth the swap for a civic. I believe a k20 is a much wiser choice in a 7th gen. Just my opnion though