Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

Anyone know 1234? He owes me $100 for duties on coilovers I sold him!

Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Anyone know 1234? He owes me $100 for duties on coilovers I sold him!

Sorry I posted this here, but I have seen others that live in london post here before. I received a letter from Fed Ex stating that 1234 (Aka 4321) has not paid the duties on the coilovers I sent him back in May (18th to be exact).

I need help contacting 1234 to resolve this - can anyone help me out please!!!

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 12-20-2012 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Personal information withheld
Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
fed ex is stupid. they let people pick up parcels without paying their duty charges.
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kornsined
fed ex is stupid. they let people pick up parcels without paying their duty charges.

Well, the funny thing about it is they claim they have been trying to reach the person for a while now - I don't understand how they cannot if they have his address and all??
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
they don't try hard at all. a couple letters and thats it. for all they know the guy moved or used a fake name then they turn to the shipper. i'd ignore them unless you have an account with them.
Old 09-06-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
waht his name on here? have you tried pming him?
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

Yes - He contacted me today - said he was on vacation and would get back to me. I sure hope so....Man, this makes me never want to ship to Canada again (this would be the second time that someone has failed to pay their duty fees, leaving Fed Ex to stick me with the bill!)....
Old 09-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by opto_isolator
Yes - He contacted me today - said he was on vacation and would get back to me. I sure hope so....Man, this makes me never want to ship to Canada again (this would be the second time that someone has failed to pay their duty fees, leaving Fed Ex to stick me with the bill!)....
This is exactly why we stopped shipping to Canada for such a long time. We were getting bills every week for duties. We then got fed up and our owner hired a collections agency to begin collecting, and that is when we got reimbursed.

Last edited by dezod; 09-06-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

this sucks to hear. i get way better deals in the US then up here. Although this is completly fedex's fault. they HAVE to charge people this amount when they pick up their parcel not after. there is no way that the shipper should pay for it or be held accountable for duty charges.
Old 09-07-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
thats what canada post does. you HAVE TO pay before receiving a package.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I have never heard of this issue..... Everytime I had shipped things to canada and a few items to another country, I just had to pay the shipping and whenever the item got to there country, they had to pay a tax or duty for it. I didnt have to pay for anything.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

this is a problem that only happens with fedex
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

So does anyone know what will happen if I DON'T pay the duty??? They won't ruin my credit rating will they?

This is rediculous, he hasn't called me back - I don't think he's going to follow through and make things right.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

i'd wait and see. they should go after the reciever.
Old 09-13-2005
Ninja Crew

Premium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nice
lol...what kind of **** is this?

i told you i was away, and that id deal with it when i got back. im back now, and willing to deal with it. what? you want me to screw around with this while im on a vacation? LOL jesus man, get real.

fedex may have sent a letter to the addy that the coilovers were sent to...thats my parents addy. i havnt recieved a phone call however

and no, they cant screw with your credit over this, so just relax. this thread was TOTALLY unnecessary. christ almighty...check your pm
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Premium Plus
lol...what kind of **** is this?

i told you i was away, and that id deal with it when i got back. im back now, and willing to deal with it. what? you want me to screw around with this while im on a vacation? LOL jesus man, get real.

fedex may have sent a letter to the addy that the coilovers were sent to...thats my parents addy. i havnt recieved a phone call however

and no, they cant screw with your credit over this, so just relax. this thread was TOTALLY unnecessary. christ almighty...check your pm

yeah, well unnecessary is when you pick something up and don't pay the duties on it. Then you go on vacation without taking care of it and someone else have to hear from fedex that they can't get a hold of you and the shipper needs to pay. You should have taken care of it when you got them. He's not respnsable for the duty taxes. You are!!! And if it was sent to your parents house and the duty tax letter was probably sent there too. Why wouldn't they say anything to you. just let it go like its no big deal. What kind of **** is that. LOL jesus man, get real yourself.
Old 09-28-2005
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
USPS.

forces 'em to pay.. goes thru Canada Post and they usually pay up or don't get their stuff.

The prices for USPS is more reasonable too.. the problem is if you dont have USPS system setup, its a hassle to get your *** to the postal office or fill out those custom forums.

But yeah if you're just selling some stuff, I'll recommend going thru USPS for Canada mail. It'll make evereyone happier.
Old 09-28-2005
Registered!!

yes it will make everyone happier
Old 09-28-2005
Ninja Crew

Premium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nice
Originally Posted by 7thGENDMAN
yeah, well unnecessary is when you pick something up and don't pay the duties on it. Then you go on vacation without taking care of it and someone else have to hear from fedex that they can't get a hold of you and the shipper needs to pay. You should have taken care of it when you got them. He's not respnsable for the duty taxes. You are!!! And if it was sent to your parents house and the duty tax letter was probably sent there too. Why wouldn't they say anything to you. just let it go like its no big deal. What kind of **** is that. LOL jesus man, get real yourself.
lol...i love it. you dont even know what you're talking about. yet you pipe up like you do. do you know the story? no...so here, ill fill you in, so you dont make any ignorant posts about it

the coilovers came to me, without any duty of any kind. i had them sent to my parents house, and i went there one day, and they were just sitting there, leaning up against the front door. no duty bill, nothing to sign, NOTHING. lots of time passed, and nothing. i didnt hear word one from fedex. my parents DID NOT say anything to me about a duty letter...and even if they did get it, do you think they're going to open my mail? how would they know what it is? im a grown-up...my mommy and daddy dont go through mail that's sent to me. me and opto arranged OVER THE PHONE to try and work the system, and try and get me out of paying duty. so when the coilovers came just sitting on my front door, i figured it worked. especially since iv ordered things (check my feedback on this site) form people off this site, from the states, THROUGH FED EX, and they came to me, and i had to sign and pay duty on delivery. since these just got dropped off...i figured "hey, we did it proper, no duty...yay". all this came up WHILE i was on vacation. not before, and i just took off...so dont imply that "i should have taken care of it before" before i left, this wasnt an issue.

and this has LONG been resolved...check the dates between your post and my last post. good job in bringing this back up. MODS PLZ LOCK THIS, ITS RESOLVED

Last edited by Premium Plus; 09-28-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Damm don't cry
But funny story
Don't ship stuff to *******s
And everyone will be happy